PDA

View Full Version : Have to give up 1 cat : (

ensoul
September 27th 06, 07:36 PM
I have brothers, Moe & Rudy, they've never been seperated
I got them at the SPCA.....Housing Mang doesn't like you have pets, but
I did the right w/the American Disabilities Act even has 2 doctor's
sign

Now Mang tells since my husband, Rick's died I can only have one of
them!

Rudy puts a paw on each shoulder and licks my face when I'm crying over
Rick's death

Moe lets hug as as I want when I'm crying

I can't pick just one! I guess the right thing will be to give them
both up together, they are good with kids school age, they have never
bitten or starched anyone

I can't give up my babies.

ensoul

chili palmer
September 27th 06, 08:56 PM
ensoul wrote:

> I can't give up my babies.

That's awful!

I'd have to look up housing mang, I just don't understand why you have
to give them up and what diabetes has to do with this...

I agree maybe they could stay together

The Polish-Kraut
September 27th 06, 10:13 PM
>I have brothers, Moe & Rudy, they've never been seperated
>I got them at the SPCA.....Housing Mang doesn't like you have pets, but
>I did the right w/the American Disabilities Act even has 2 doctor's
>sign
>
>Now Mang tells since my husband, Rick's died I can only have one of
>them!
>
>Rudy puts a paw on each shoulder and licks my face when I'm crying over
>Rick's death
>
>Moe lets hug as as I want when I'm crying
>
>I can't pick just one! I guess the right thing will be to give them
>both up together, they are good with kids school age, they have never
>bitten or starched anyone
>
>I can't give up my babies.

Simple.

Get a different apartment.

If you were told you had to give up your human babies (If you had
them) would you give them up or find someplace where you could keep
them ?!?!?

MaryL
September 27th 06, 11:10 PM
"ensoul" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>I have brothers, Moe & Rudy, they've never been seperated
> I got them at the SPCA.....Housing Mang doesn't like you have pets, but
> I did the right w/the American Disabilities Act even has 2 doctor's
> sign
>
> Now Mang tells since my husband, Rick's died I can only have one of
> them!
>
> Rudy puts a paw on each shoulder and licks my face when I'm crying over
> Rick's death
>
> Moe lets hug as as I want when I'm crying
>
> I can't pick just one! I guess the right thing will be to give them
> both up together, they are good with kids school age, they have never
> bitten or starched anyone
>
> I can't give up my babies.
>

> ensoul

What is Housing Mang? Are you referring to a housing manager? I also don't
understand what diabetes or ADA has to do with keeping cats (although ADA
does stipulate that people with certain disabilities are entitled to guide
dogs). That said, is there any possible way that you can move to another
apartment? That would be the obvious solution -- give up the apartment, not
the pets.

MaryL

MaryL
news:[email protected]

> "ensoul" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>>I have brothers, Moe & Rudy, they've never been seperated
>> I got them at the SPCA.....Housing Mang doesn't like you have pets, but
>> I did the right w/the American Disabilities Act even has 2 doctor's
>> sign
>>
>> Now Mang tells since my husband, Rick's died I can only have one of
>> them!
>>
>> Rudy puts a paw on each shoulder and licks my face when I'm crying over
>> Rick's death
>>
>> Moe lets hug as as I want when I'm crying
>>
>> I can't pick just one! I guess the right thing will be to give them
>> both up together, they are good with kids school age, they have never
>> bitten or starched anyone
>>
>> I can't give up my babies.
>>

>> ensoul
>>

> What is Housing Mang? Are you referring to a housing manager? I also
> don't understand what diabetes or ADA has to do with keeping cats
> (although ADA does stipulate that people with certain disabilities are
> entitled to guide dogs). That said, is there any possible way that you
> can move to another apartment? That would be the obvious solution -- give
> up the apartment, not the pets.
>
> MaryL

Alternatively...you might check to see if the manager would accept a pet
deposit so you can keep both cats. If you are a good tenant (especially a
long-term tenant), that might be acceptable. Good tenants are like money in
the bank to a manager. I know you said in another message that money is a
major factor right now, but it would be cheaper than moving!

I don't know where I came up with that bit about diabetes. I must have
dreamed it because I don't see that reference in your message.

MaryL

Photos of Duffy and Holly: >'o'<
Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o

Lesley
September 28th 06, 01:01 AM
ensoul wrote:

> Now Mang tells since my husband, Rick's died I can only have one of
> them!

WHOA! You have both cats, there is no suggestion that either cat is in
danger of neglect ok?

I've just had this over the last few days with my DH being in
hospital.....And them trying to say that he couldn't take care of them
(I don't count by the way as we are not married despite 28 years
together)

Get some advice- and sue/shoot the heartless bas**rds who want to do
this at a time of such grief to you!!!!!!!

Sometimes human beings aren't worthy of the name....

I'm hoping you can sort this out- when we had workmen round it came to
their attention via an underling that we had cats, the underling did
not get off to a good start when he asked Dave (DH) for the contact
details of his social worker and when Dave said he didn't have one got
the reply "But you're disabaled you must have one!"

Dave promptly contacted HIS boss whose only reaction to the cats was
"Ahhhhh...isn't she pretty? Come here you cutie" (I am still quite glad
that it was Dunzi, if they'd seen Sarsi in one of her queen bitch modes
it migth have been different!)

Go above this moron's head of you have to.....They're saying you are
able to look after 1 cat why not 2?

Keep us posted

Lesley

Charlie Wilkes
September 28th 06, 01:51 AM
On 27 Sep 2006 11:36:30 -0700, "ensoul" > wrote:

>I have brothers, Moe & Rudy, they've never been seperated
>I got them at the SPCA.....Housing Mang doesn't like you have pets, but
>I did the right w/the American Disabilities Act even has 2 doctor's
>sign
>
>Now Mang tells since my husband, Rick's died I can only have one of
>them!
>
>Rudy puts a paw on each shoulder and licks my face when I'm crying over
>Rick's death
>
>Moe lets hug as as I want when I'm crying
>
>I can't pick just one! I guess the right thing will be to give them
>both up together, they are good with kids school age, they have never
>bitten or starched anyone
>
>I can't give up my babies.
>

>ensoul

Don't give up either of your cats! Just say no and sit tight. Get in
touch with local tenant groups if Housing Mang is foolish enough to
start an eviction process. The court isn't going to put you out on
the street over a housecat, as long as you show up for appearances and
follow the process from your end.

Meanwhile, post pictures of your cats on the web, with your story, and
keep posting here. The public loves this stuff. You won't lose your
cats if you reach out for public support and stay honest with
everyone.

Charlie

Gail
September 28th 06, 01:53 AM
Yes, and write to the local paper telling them your story and asking for
support from others.
Gail
"Charlie Wilkes" > wrote in message
> On 27 Sep 2006 11:36:30 -0700, "ensoul" > wrote:
>
>>I have brothers, Moe & Rudy, they've never been seperated
>>I got them at the SPCA.....Housing Mang doesn't like you have pets, but
>>I did the right w/the American Disabilities Act even has 2 doctor's
>>sign
>>
>>Now Mang tells since my husband, Rick's died I can only have one of
>>them!
>>
>>Rudy puts a paw on each shoulder and licks my face when I'm crying over
>>Rick's death
>>
>>Moe lets hug as as I want when I'm crying
>>
>>I can't pick just one! I guess the right thing will be to give them
>>both up together, they are good with kids school age, they have never
>>bitten or starched anyone
>>
>>I can't give up my babies.
>>

>>ensoul
>
> Don't give up either of your cats! Just say no and sit tight. Get in
> touch with local tenant groups if Housing Mang is foolish enough to
> start an eviction process. The court isn't going to put you out on
> the street over a housecat, as long as you show up for appearances and
> follow the process from your end.
>
> Meanwhile, post pictures of your cats on the web, with your story, and
> keep posting here. The public loves this stuff. You won't lose your
> cats if you reach out for public support and stay honest with
> everyone.
>
> Charlie

Spot
September 28th 06, 02:14 AM
From previous post I gather she lives in HUD subsidized housing it's just
not that easy to pick up and move when you are disabled and getting by on
very little. I know I've been there. I don't get why they will let her
only keep one of them if she was allowed to have both when her husband was
alive.

Celeste

news:[email protected]

> "ensoul" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>>I have brothers, Moe & Rudy, they've never been seperated
>> I got them at the SPCA.....Housing Mang doesn't like you have pets, but
>> I did the right w/the American Disabilities Act even has 2 doctor's
>> sign
>>
>> Now Mang tells since my husband, Rick's died I can only have one of
>> them!
>>
>> Rudy puts a paw on each shoulder and licks my face when I'm crying over
>> Rick's death
>>
>> Moe lets hug as as I want when I'm crying
>>
>> I can't pick just one! I guess the right thing will be to give them
>> both up together, they are good with kids school age, they have never
>> bitten or starched anyone
>>
>> I can't give up my babies.
>>

>> ensoul
>>

> What is Housing Mang? Are you referring to a housing manager? I also
> don't understand what diabetes or ADA has to do with keeping cats
> (although ADA does stipulate that people with certain disabilities are
> entitled to guide dogs). That said, is there any possible way that you
> can move to another apartment? That would be the obvious solution -- give
> up the apartment, not the pets.
>
> MaryL

Lesley
September 28th 06, 02:54 AM
don't get why they will let her
> only keep one of them if she was allowed to have both when her husband was
> alive.

Good point!!!!

Lesley

Charlie Wilkes
September 28th 06, 03:51 AM
On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 01:14:43 GMT, "Spot" >
wrote:

>From previous post I gather she lives in HUD subsidized housing it's just
>not that easy to pick up and move when you are disabled and getting by on
>very little. I know I've been there. I don't get why they will let her
>only keep one of them if she was allowed to have both when her husband was
>alive.
>
>Celeste

They will. They just haven't seen the light yet. "GRIEVING WIDOW
PRESSURED TO GIVE UP CAT."

I wouldn't wanna be Housing Mang if that story gets out in the
community.

Charlie

>"MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]
>>
>> "ensoul" > wrote in message
>> oups.com...
>>>I have brothers, Moe & Rudy, they've never been seperated
>>> I got them at the SPCA.....Housing Mang doesn't like you have pets, but
>>> I did the right w/the American Disabilities Act even has 2 doctor's
>>> sign
>>>
>>> Now Mang tells since my husband, Rick's died I can only have one of
>>> them!
>>>
>>> Rudy puts a paw on each shoulder and licks my face when I'm crying over
>>> Rick's death
>>>
>>> Moe lets hug as as I want when I'm crying
>>>
>>> I can't pick just one! I guess the right thing will be to give them
>>> both up together, they are good with kids school age, they have never
>>> bitten or starched anyone
>>>
>>> I can't give up my babies.
>>>

>>> ensoul
>>>

>> What is Housing Mang? Are you referring to a housing manager? I also
>> don't understand what diabetes or ADA has to do with keeping cats
>> (although ADA does stipulate that people with certain disabilities are
>> entitled to guide dogs). That said, is there any possible way that you
>> can move to another apartment? That would be the obvious solution -- give
>> up the apartment, not the pets.
>>
>> MaryL

Rhonda
September 28th 06, 04:41 AM
Don't give up either of those cats! This is beyond unfair.

If you need any help contacting a newspaper as others have said or
writing about it, I'd be glad to help. I cannot believe someone would do
this to you and the cats.

Maybe casually let the housing mang know that you may have to take this
to a higher level, so is there any way he wants to reconsider before you
this becomes a public issue.

Rhonda

ensoul wrote:
> I have brothers, Moe & Rudy, they've never been seperated
> I got them at the SPCA.....Housing Mang doesn't like you have pets, but
> I did the right w/the American Disabilities Act even has 2 doctor's
> sign
>
> Now Mang tells since my husband, Rick's died I can only have one of
> them!
>
> Rudy puts a paw on each shoulder and licks my face when I'm crying over
> Rick's death
>
> Moe lets hug as as I want when I'm crying
>
> I can't pick just one! I guess the right thing will be to give them
> both up together, they are good with kids school age, they have never
> bitten or starched anyone
>
> I can't give up my babies.
>

> ensoul

ensoul
September 28th 06, 08:27 PM

> What is Housing Mang? Are you referring to a housing manager? I also don't
> understand what diabetes or ADA has to do with keeping cats (although ADA
> does stipulate that people with certain disabilities are entitled to guide
> dogs). That said, is there any possible way that you can move to another
> apartment? That would be the obvious solution -- give up the apartment, not
> the pets.
>
> MaryL

Housing Mang is the person the runs this housing complex, an apartment
complex w/1,2, and 3 bdrm places....I don't where the diabetes part
came from, maybe I did a typo

I can't move, and she know its has me up a tree....my low income
forbides it
I can't get HUD or other rental assistance because of what my ex pulled
while we had section 8

MaryL
September 28th 06, 10:15 PM
"ensoul" > wrote in message
s.com...

>> What is Housing Mang? Are you referring to a housing manager? I also
>> don't
>> understand what diabetes or ADA has to do with keeping cats (although ADA
>> does stipulate that people with certain disabilities are entitled to
>> guide
>> dogs). That said, is there any possible way that you can move to another
>> apartment? That would be the obvious solution -- give up the apartment,
>> not
>> the pets.
>>
>> MaryL
>
> Housing Mang is the person the runs this housing complex, an apartment
> complex w/1,2, and 3 bdrm places....I don't where the diabetes part
> came from, maybe I did a typo
>
> I can't move, and she know its has me up a tree....my low income
> forbides it
> I can't get HUD or other rental assistance because of what my ex pulled
> while we had section 8

In that case, how about the suggestions that some of the others had -- in
particular, a talk with your local newspaper because public housing managers
usually do not want any negative publicity, and it could be *very* negative
to read about a manager that requires a widow to give up one of her cats.
I'm so sorry to read about this.

MaryL

Mommy of 2 via CatKB.com
September 28th 06, 11:56 PM
I vote for going to the papers.....they're great for publicity like this..
Real human interest.

Rhonda wrote:
>Don't give up either of those cats! This is beyond unfair.
>
>If you need any help contacting a newspaper as others have said or
>writing about it, I'd be glad to help. I cannot believe someone would do
>this to you and the cats.
>
>Maybe casually let the housing mang know that you may have to take this
>to a higher level, so is there any way he wants to reconsider before you
>this becomes a public issue.
>
>Rhonda
>
>> I have brothers, Moe & Rudy, they've never been seperated
>> I got them at the SPCA.....Housing Mang doesn't like you have pets, but
>[quoted text clipped - 16 lines]
>>
>> ensoul

meeee
September 29th 06, 12:27 AM
Absolutely...make sure you cry...lots. Heartless *******s like that deserve
all they get, and that's the whole idea of The Press.
"Mommy of 2 via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>I vote for going to the papers.....they're great for publicity like this..
> Real human interest.
>
> Rhonda wrote:
>>Don't give up either of those cats! This is beyond unfair.
>>
>>If you need any help contacting a newspaper as others have said or
>>writing about it, I'd be glad to help. I cannot believe someone would do
>>this to you and the cats.
>>
>>Maybe casually let the housing mang know that you may have to take this
>>to a higher level, so is there any way he wants to reconsider before you
>>this becomes a public issue.
>>
>>Rhonda
>>
>>> I have brothers, Moe & Rudy, they've never been seperated
>>> I got them at the SPCA.....Housing Mang doesn't like you have pets, but
>>[quoted text clipped - 16 lines]
>>>
>>> ensoul

Charlie Wilkes
September 29th 06, 03:29 AM
On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 22:56:25 GMT, "Mommy of 2 via CatKB.com"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I vote for going to the papers.....they're great for publicity like this..
>Real human interest.

I would start by simply refusing to give up one of the cats. No need
to go to the papers or take any action that could be seen as a threat,
until they start a legal process to evict you or remove one of the
cats.

If you simply draw a line, I think they will probably drop it because
they realize how bad it would look to the public or in a courtroom.

Charlie

>Rhonda wrote:
>>Don't give up either of those cats! This is beyond unfair.
>>
>>If you need any help contacting a newspaper as others have said or
>>writing about it, I'd be glad to help. I cannot believe someone would do
>>this to you and the cats.
>>
>>Maybe casually let the housing mang know that you may have to take this
>>to a higher level, so is there any way he wants to reconsider before you
>>this becomes a public issue.
>>
>>Rhonda
>>
>>> I have brothers, Moe & Rudy, they've never been seperated
>>> I got them at the SPCA.....Housing Mang doesn't like you have pets, but
>>[quoted text clipped - 16 lines]
>>>
>>> ensoul

chili palmer
September 29th 06, 05:11 AM
Charlie Wilkes wrote:

> They will. They just haven't seen the light yet. "GRIEVING WIDOW
> PRESSURED TO GIVE UP CAT."
>
> I wouldn't wanna be Housing Mang if that story gets out in the
> community.
>
> Charlie

this is shaping up to be a bad episode of an after school special

or, a bad Brady Bunch episode

I agree though, Ensoul should just refuse, and force the chinese man to
take legal action
if anything, that will save Ensoul a 50 dollar filing fee

"somebody said NO"

Judy
September 29th 06, 05:14 AM
"ensoul" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>I have brothers, Moe & Rudy, they've never been seperated
> I got them at the SPCA.....Housing Mang doesn't like you have pets, but
> I did the right w/the American Disabilities Act even has 2 doctor's
> sign
>
> Now Mang tells since my husband, Rick's died I can only have one of
> them!
>
> Rudy puts a paw on each shoulder and licks my face when I'm crying over
> Rick's death
>
> Moe lets hug as as I want when I'm crying
>
> I can't pick just one! I guess the right thing will be to give them
> both up together, they are good with kids school age, they have never
> bitten or starched anyone
>
> I can't give up my babies.

Do you have the option to move?

Lesley
September 29th 06, 10:57 PM
Charlie Wilkes wrote:

> They will. They just haven't seen the light yet. "GRIEVING WIDOW
> PRESSURED TO GIVE UP CAT."

Yes!!!! They aren't going to look sooo good if that comes out in a
local paper!

Nice one Charlie!!!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Charlie Wilkes
September 30th 06, 01:06 AM
On 29 Sep 2006 14:57:19 -0700, "Lesley" > wrote:

>Charlie Wilkes wrote:
>

>> They will. They just haven't seen the light yet. "GRIEVING WIDOW
>> PRESSURED TO GIVE UP CAT."
>>
>Yes!!!! They aren't going to look sooo good if that comes out in a
>local paper!
>
>Nice one Charlie!!!
>
>Lesley
>
>Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

With luck, it won't come out in the papers. Housing Mang will realize
a PR disaster awaits any kind of enforcement effort, and will drop the
demand that one of the two cats be evicted. No need to saddle up a
crusade if the foe is prepared to yield on prospect.

Charlie