PDA

View Full Version : Maryland Woman With 184 Dead Cats Admits Neglect

chili palmer
September 27th 06, 11:03 PM
http://tinyurl.com/lzwv9

FREDERICK, Md. - A woman who was found living with more than 300
mostly dead cats pleaded guilty to 46 misdemeanor counts of neglect
Tuesday, abruptly ending her trial on animal cruelty charges.

kitkat via CatKB.com
September 28th 06, 03:18 AM
this is so tragic and upsettting.

chili palmer
September 28th 06, 04:06 AM
kitkat via CatKB.com wrote:
> this is so tragic and upsettting.

really

if the general public finds this repugnant, how much more do cat lovers
you know

I don't understand the mentality of a collector

also, is it just me or are collectors only female and why

Matthew
September 28th 06, 04:10 AM
"chili palmer" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> kitkat via CatKB.com wrote:
>> this is so tragic and upsettting.
>
> really
>
> if the general public finds this repugnant, how much more do cat lovers
> you know

Collectors always made me want to go postal specailly when they are offered
help and try to squirm theirway out of the spotlight

> I don't understand the mentality of a collector

You can't understand them Barry you have a clear sense of responsibility
and respect for life. But in defense of collectors in the beginning they
are trying to do a good thing but most collectors get way in over their
head and are scared of the consequences and or unable to get out of it.

> also, is it just me or are collectors only female and why

The majority are but I have seen a lot on men that are also.

cybercat
September 28th 06, 04:36 AM
"chili palmer" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> kitkat via CatKB.com wrote:
>> this is so tragic and upsettting.
>
> really
>
> if the general public finds this repugnant, how much more do cat lovers
> you know
>
> I don't understand the mentality of a collector
>
> also, is it just me or are collectors only female and why

Nope. I saw a man in NYC on Animal Planet's "Animal Police"
last night who had 70+ living cats and 146 dead in a freezer. He
was so ill with this "disease" of collecting (the way they put it)
that even when they died he could not let go of their bodies. He
bagged and labeled them with birth dates, death dates, names.
He was an older man, an Italian immigrant.

Matthew
September 28th 06, 04:45 AM
"chili palmer" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> kitkat via CatKB.com wrote:
>> this is so tragic and upsettting.
>
> really
>
> if the general public finds this repugnant, how much more do cat lovers
> you know

Collectors always made me want to go postal specailly when they are offered
help and try to squirm theirway out of the spotlight

> I don't understand the mentality of a collector

You can't understand them Barry you have a clear sense of responsibility
and respect for life. But in defense of collectors in the beginning they
are trying to do a good thing but most collectors get way in over their
head and are scared of the consequences and or unable to get out of it.

> also, is it just me or are collectors only female and why

The majority are but I have seen a lot on men that are also.

September 28th 06, 06:21 AM
In article . com>,
"chili palmer" > wrote:

> I don't understand the mentality of a collector

More properly, they are known as "hoarders". It is a syndrome. There
have actually been studies on the phenomenon.

> also, is it just me or are collectors only female and why

No, not all. But about two-thirds of hoarders are women over 60, often
presenting a history of victimization or abuse as children.

Slate magazine carried a brief, well-done "Explainer" article on
hoarders, complete with links to studies, surveys, an organization
called "The Hoarding of Animals Research Consortium" and much more. You
can find the article here:

<http://www.slate.com/id/2123006/>

-L.
September 28th 06, 06:47 AM
chili palmer wrote:
> kitkat via CatKB.com wrote:
> > this is so tragic and upsettting.
>
> really
>
> if the general public finds this repugnant, how much more do cat lovers
> you know
>
> I don't understand the mentality of a collector
>
> also, is it just me or are collectors only female and why

They are mostlty female and it is a mental illness - not just a case of
being overwhelmed. She needs mental help, not ridicule.

-L.

chili palmer
September 28th 06, 02:00 PM
pull my finger.wrote:

> They are mostlty female and it is a mental illness - not just a case of
> being overwhelmed. She needs mental help, not ridicule.
>
> -L.

but its so much funner when us sane people talk about someones insanity

and you have some sort of evidence that she is insane? I think it's
stupid is hell

stupid and insanity is not the same thing

personally I think they do it to offset lonliness

you think Megan is mentally Ill? to some degree? or is in the first
stages of a slump?

Megan is a hoarder/collector, call it what you will

No offense to Megan