PDA

View Full Version : Man gets 8 years in prison for killing a cat


stonej
September 29th 06, 01:33 PM
Says he did it for a "big laugh". I'll bet he is not laughing now.


http://www.examiner.com/a-317504~Dallas_man_gets_8_years_in_prison_over_cat_ death.html

Lynne
September 29th 06, 02:20 PM
stonej wrote:
> Says he did it for a "big laugh". I'll bet he is not laughing now.
>
>
> http://www.examiner.com/a-317504~Dallas_man_gets_8_years_in_prison_over_cat_ death.html

I'm shocked but very pleased that this creep got such a long prison
term. Oh, the poor kitty and his person...

So many people hate cats for reasons I will never understand. Just one
more reason mine never go outside of our house.

RobZip
September 29th 06, 02:30 PM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>
> stonej wrote:
>> Says he did it for a "big laugh". I'll bet he is not laughing now.
>>
>>
>> http://www.examiner.com/a-317504~Dallas_man_gets_8_years_in_prison_over_cat_ death.html
>
> I'm shocked but very pleased that this creep got such a long prison
> term. Oh, the poor kitty and his person...
>
> So many people hate cats for reasons I will never understand. Just one
> more reason mine never go outside of our house.

I encounter men who hate cats for a variety of poorly established reasons.
The unmasked essence of their feelings come down to a few things. Some view
the cat as a woman's animal - a frivolous puff of fur, an old lady's comfort
item, and regard it with scorn. Others just can't stand the idea of a
creature, particularly a small, defenseless one that will not play
submissive to the usual macho posturing they use on dogs. So, they develop a
hatred they really don't even understand as a compensation for their lack of
macho validation. You may insert your own form of cat abuse equals penis
equalization theory here, 'cause that's exactly what it is.

chili palmer
September 29th 06, 02:40 PM
RobZip wrote:

You may insert your own form of cat abuse equals penis
> equalization theory here, 'cause that's exactly what it is.

that may be

but, I think it has more to do with oppurtunity

IOW, THERE ARE SO MANY DAMN CATS RUNNING AROUND

a nut-job is more likely to encounter a cat than any other small
innocent animal
therefor

when the sicko encounters this common encounter (a domestic cat) he
ventillates on that common thing... it's a crime of oppurtunity,
perhaps premeditated

I don't think he should have gotten prison at all!
I think he should have been put in a lions den

Katz
September 29th 06, 02:55 PM
Lynne wrote:
> stonej wrote:
> > Says he did it for a "big laugh". I'll bet he is not laughing now.
> >
> >
> > http://www.examiner.com/a-317504~Dallas_man_gets_8_years_in_prison_over_cat_ death.html
>
> I'm shocked but very pleased that this creep got such a long prison
> term. Oh, the poor kitty and his person...
>
> So many people hate cats for reasons I will never understand. Just one
> more reason mine never go outside of our house.

I am pleased that he got an eight (8) year sentence for this, usually
the judge has a biased ignorance toward animals and gives people like
this mere slaps on the wrist. Apparently, this wasn't the case this
time. One of the biggest problem with some 'men' is they perpetuate the
notion that anything other than a 'dog' somehow makes you effeminate.
Most 'men' who fit into this belief, are the first ones to abuse small
animals, commit spousal abuse, molest children or worse.

Deeanna
September 29th 06, 04:15 PM
> I don't think he should have gotten prison at all!
> I think he should have been put in a lions den

I agree!!! A very hungry lions den. :):):)


chili palmer wrote:
> RobZip wrote:
>
> You may insert your own form of cat abuse equals penis
> > equalization theory here, 'cause that's exactly what it is.
>
> that may be
>
> but, I think it has more to do with oppurtunity
>
> IOW, THERE ARE SO MANY DAMN CATS RUNNING AROUND
>
> a nut-job is more likely to encounter a cat than any other small
> innocent animal
> therefor
>
> when the sicko encounters this common encounter (a domestic cat) he
> ventillates on that common thing... it's a crime of oppurtunity,
> perhaps premeditated
>

Outsider
September 29th 06, 06:54 PM
"RobZip" <no > wrote in
:

>
> "Lynne" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>>
>> stonej wrote:
>>> Says he did it for a "big laugh". I'll bet he is not laughing now.
>>>
>>>
>>> http://www.examiner.com/a-317504~Dallas_man_gets_8_years_in_prison_ov
>>> er_cat_death.html
>>
>> I'm shocked but very pleased that this creep got such a long prison
>> term. Oh, the poor kitty and his person...
>>
>> So many people hate cats for reasons I will never understand. Just
>> one more reason mine never go outside of our house.
>
> I encounter men who hate cats for a variety of poorly established
> reasons. The unmasked essence of their feelings come down to a few
> things. Some view the cat as a woman's animal - a frivolous puff of
> fur, an old lady's comfort item, and regard it with scorn. Others just
> can't stand the idea of a creature, particularly a small, defenseless
> one that will not play submissive to the usual macho posturing they
> use on dogs. So, they develop a hatred they really don't even
> understand as a compensation for their lack of macho validation. You
> may insert your own form of cat abuse equals penis equalization theory
> here, 'cause that's exactly what it is.
>
>
>


This is the most moronic crap I ever read. It reflects your own
emotional problems more than anything.

People who commit acts like this are sick; they are not representative of
an entire gender.

Andy

Outsider
September 29th 06, 06:56 PM
"chili palmer" > wrote in
ups.com:

>
> RobZip wrote:
>
....
>
> I don't think he should have gotten prison at all!
> I think he should have been put in a lions den


I agree. Punishment fits the crime.

RobZip
September 29th 06, 07:23 PM
"Outsider" > wrote in message
. ..
>
> This is the most moronic crap I ever read. It reflects your own
> emotional problems more than anything.
>
> People who commit acts like this are sick; they are not representative of
> an entire gender.
>
Did I say it represents an entire gender? No. To call them sick almost
sounds like excuse making. They are morally deficient individuals who need
to be dealt with just as this one was.

Outsider
September 30th 06, 03:33 PM
"RobZip" <no > wrote in
:

>
> "Outsider" > wrote in message
> . ..
>>
>> This is the most moronic crap I ever read. It reflects your own
>> emotional problems more than anything.
>>
>> People who commit acts like this are sick; they are not
>> representative of an entire gender.
>>
> Did I say it represents an entire gender? No. To call them sick almost
> sounds like excuse making. They are morally deficient individuals who
> need to be dealt with just as this one was.
>
>


Yeah, I must have read someone elses sexist post complete with penis
equalizing and woman/cat hating men. When you use no less than three
gender specific references and they all belong to one gender a thinking
person MAY assume bias. I don't know where you "meet" these people but
the gross majority of men I meet don't match one of the traits you
mentioned. Instead of defending your post you may have considered it
just came off wrong.

And while it may be my own form of "sickness" I totally agree with your
last statement. Just because someone is sick does not mean they are
exempt from "human" standards. "Eye for an eye" does it quite nicely for
me! Not to mention, we all know people who do these things move on to
even greater "heights" so we do a public service when we nail these
criminals.

Andy

-L.
October 1st 06, 06:57 AM
stonej wrote:
> Says he did it for a "big laugh". I'll bet he is not laughing now.
>
>
> http://www.examiner.com/a-317504~Dallas_man_gets_8_years_in_prison_over_cat_ death.html

Awesome!! A victory for animals!

-L.

-L.
October 1st 06, 07:02 AM
Outsider wrote:
>
> Yeah, I must have read someone elses sexist post complete with penis
> equalizing and woman/cat hating men.

You are completely off base. He was referencing men who *do* hate
cats, not allmen in general. The truth is more men abuse animals than
women. And by the way, the term you are seeking is "sex" and not
"gender" because gener is independant from sex.


>When you use no less than three
> gender specific references and they all belong to one gender a thinking
> person MAY assume bias.

Um, no. he was not making a generalization.

> I don't know where you "meet" these people but
> the gross majority of men I meet don't match one of the traits you
> mentioned. Instead of defending your post you may have considered it
> just came off wrong.

Only if you read more in to it than was written.

>
> And while it may be my own form of "sickness" I totally agree with your
> last statement. Just because someone is sick does not mean they are
> exempt from "human" standards. "Eye for an eye" does it quite nicely for
> me! Not to mention, we all know people who do these things move on to
> even greater "heights" so we do a public service when we nail these
> criminals.

Personally I feel the punishments for animal cruelty and abuse should
be as stringent as they are for human cruelty and abuse.

-L.

Outsider
October 1st 06, 10:43 AM
"-L." > wrote in
oups.com:

>
> Outsider wrote:
>>
>> Yeah, I must have read someone elses sexist post complete with penis
>> equalizing and woman/cat hating men.
>
> You are completely off base. He was referencing men who *do* hate
> cats, not allmen in general. The truth is more men abuse animals than
> women. And by the way, the term you are seeking is "sex" and not
> "gender" because gener is independant from sex.
>
>
>>When you use no less than three
>> gender specific references and they all belong to one gender a
>> thinking person MAY assume bias.
>
> Um, no. he was not making a generalization.

>
>> I don't know where you "meet" these people but
>> the gross majority of men I meet don't match one of the traits you
>> mentioned. Instead of defending your post you may have considered it
>> just came off wrong.
>
> Only if you read more in to it than was written.
>

I have been reading for half a century; I know how to do it. When
someone mentions all the things rob mentioned they intend to cause an
effect in the reader (or they should not be surprised when it happens).
Your asertion that more men do such and such than woman even if true is
not relavent. There are plenty of woman who harm animals and other
living creatures (even human). I still would love to know how rob is
meeting these people and how he gets this deep insight into their hatred
of cats and woman. There is no science in "I meet men who".

As to gender vs sex; give me a break, stick to the subject.


>>
>> And while it may be my own form of "sickness" I totally agree with
>> your last statement. Just because someone is sick does not mean they
>> are exempt from "human" standards. "Eye for an eye" does it quite
>> nicely for me! Not to mention, we all know people who do these
>> things move on to even greater "heights" so we do a public service
>> when we nail these criminals.
>
> Personally I feel the punishments for animal cruelty and abuse should
> be as stringent as they are for human cruelty and abuse.
>
> -L.

At a minimum.

-L.
October 1st 06, 11:11 AM
Outsider wrote:
> I have been reading for half a century; I know how to do it. When
> someone mentions all the things rob mentioned they intend to cause an
> effect in the reader (or they should not be surprised when it happens).

Oh bull****. You are inferring intent.

> Your asertion that more men do such and such than woman even if true is
> not relavent. There are plenty of woman who harm animals and other
> living creatures (even human). I still would love to know how rob is
> meeting these people and how he gets this deep insight into their hatred
> of cats and woman. There is no science in "I meet men who".
>
> As to gender vs sex; give me a break, stick to the subject.

It is the subject when you are making statements about people of one
sex vs. another.

-L.

Outsider
October 1st 06, 04:08 PM
"-L." > wrote in news:1159697498.998276.203240
@i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

>
> Outsider wrote:
>> I have been reading for half a century; I know how to do it. When
>> someone mentions all the things rob mentioned they intend to cause an
>> effect in the reader (or they should not be surprised when it
happens).
>
> Oh bull****. You are inferring intent.
>
>> Your asertion that more men do such and such than woman even if true
is
>> not relavent. There are plenty of woman who harm animals and other
>> living creatures (even human). I still would love to know how rob is
>> meeting these people and how he gets this deep insight into their
hatred
>> of cats and woman. There is no science in "I meet men who".
>>
>> As to gender vs sex; give me a break, stick to the subject.
>
> It is the subject when you are making statements about people of one
> sex vs. another.
>
> -L.
>


I think this third party thing has run it's course; don't you? If Rob
wants to discuss this he is way smart enough to do so. I dis-agree with
part of what he said (or the way he said it) and I agreed with other
parts. That's as much as anyone can expect. Third party debate adds
nothing to such times but useless rancor (just the nature of the beast).

Andy