PDA

View Full Version : Who to adopt (new cat arrived)

September 30th 06, 11:27 PM
Back in August I asked for some opinions on deciding on a new cat.
Well, the decision has been some time coming but yesterday I brought
the new kitty home.

Not a shy cat, neither a chronic URI cat, but a senior cat with kidney
and liver failure. Owner died, children brought her to the shelter. She
wasn't in the best shape when she arrived and then caught a URI at the
shelter and stopped eating. We'll see how she does here, at least she
immediately came out of her box and also ate a can of food. If nothing
else, she can have her last days, or weeks, or months in a home instead
of a box at the shelter. Right now the guest bedroom is hers, but
hopefully she will get used to my cats so she can enjoy the rest of the
flat and the yard.

Thanks for your opinions.

cybercat
October 1st 06, 12:23 AM
> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Back in August I asked for some opinions on deciding on a new cat.
> Well, the decision has been some time coming but yesterday I brought
> the new kitty home.
>
> Not a shy cat, neither a chronic URI cat, but a senior cat with kidney
> and liver failure. Owner died, children brought her to the shelter. She
> wasn't in the best shape when she arrived and then caught a URI at the
> shelter and stopped eating. We'll see how she does here, at least she
> immediately came out of her box and also ate a can of food. If nothing
> else, she can have her last days, or weeks, or months in a home instead
> of a box at the shelter. Right now the guest bedroom is hers, but
> hopefully she will get used to my cats so she can enjoy the rest of the
> flat and the yard.
>
> Thanks for your opinions.

Well, in my opinion you rock.

What a lucky cat!

It is GREAT that she ate right away!

I would love to see photos.

MaryL
October 1st 06, 12:27 AM
> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Back in August I asked for some opinions on deciding on a new cat.
> Well, the decision has been some time coming but yesterday I brought
> the new kitty home.
>
> Not a shy cat, neither a chronic URI cat, but a senior cat with kidney
> and liver failure. Owner died, children brought her to the shelter. She
> wasn't in the best shape when she arrived and then caught a URI at the
> shelter and stopped eating. We'll see how she does here, at least she
> immediately came out of her box and also ate a can of food. If nothing
> else, she can have her last days, or weeks, or months in a home instead
> of a box at the shelter. Right now the guest bedroom is hers, but
> hopefully she will get used to my cats so she can enjoy the rest of the
> flat and the yard.
>
> Thanks for your opinions.

What a wonderful thing to do! Thank you so much for caring enough to adopt
a special needs kitty.

MaryL

mlbriggs
October 1st 06, 12:48 AM
On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 15:27:55 -0700, pah41071 wrote:

> Back in August I asked for some opinions on deciding on a new cat.
> Well, the decision has been some time coming but yesterday I brought
> the new kitty home.
>
> Not a shy cat, neither a chronic URI cat, but a senior cat with kidney
> and liver failure. Owner died, children brought her to the shelter. She
> wasn't in the best shape when she arrived and then caught a URI at the
> shelter and stopped eating. We'll see how she does here, at least she
> immediately came out of her box and also ate a can of food. If nothing
> else, she can have her last days, or weeks, or months in a home instead
> of a box at the shelter. Right now the guest bedroom is hers, but
> hopefully she will get used to my cats so she can enjoy the rest of the
> flat and the yard.
>
> Thanks for your opinions.

The world would be a better place if there were more like you. Purrs
that she will soon join the other cats and enjoy her life. MLB

Buddy's Mom
October 1st 06, 01:37 AM
God Bless you for doing this for the little angel! She will definitely
reward you with deep gratitude for taking her home! We need more
people like you! Good luck. How old is she?

wrote:
> Back in August I asked for some opinions on deciding on a new cat.
> Well, the decision has been some time coming but yesterday I brought
> the new kitty home.
>
> Not a shy cat, neither a chronic URI cat, but a senior cat with kidney
> and liver failure. Owner died, children brought her to the shelter. She
> wasn't in the best shape when she arrived and then caught a URI at the
> shelter and stopped eating. We'll see how she does here, at least she
> immediately came out of her box and also ate a can of food. If nothing
> else, she can have her last days, or weeks, or months in a home instead
> of a box at the shelter. Right now the guest bedroom is hers, but
> hopefully she will get used to my cats so she can enjoy the rest of the
> flat and the yard.
>
> Thanks for your opinions.

The Polish-Kraut
October 1st 06, 02:42 AM
On 30 Sep 2006 15:27:55 -0700, wrote:

>Back in August I asked for some opinions on deciding on a new cat.
>Well, the decision has been some time coming but yesterday I brought
>the new kitty home.
>
>Not a shy cat, neither a chronic URI cat, but a senior cat with kidney
>and liver failure. Owner died, children brought her to the shelter. She
>wasn't in the best shape when she arrived and then caught a URI at the
>shelter and stopped eating. We'll see how she does here, at least she
>immediately came out of her box and also ate a can of food. If nothing
>else, she can have her last days, or weeks, or months in a home instead
>of a box at the shelter. Right now the guest bedroom is hers, but
>hopefully she will get used to my cats so she can enjoy the rest of the
>flat and the yard.
>
>Thanks for your opinions.

Bless you for taking in this cat and for taking care of it in its
older age. I do not think you will regret it.

My furbabies

http://members.aol.com/larrystark/

Gail
October 1st 06, 02:44 AM
I second that. Bless you.
Gail
"The Polish-Kraut" > wrote in message
> On 30 Sep 2006 15:27:55 -0700, wrote:
>
>>Back in August I asked for some opinions on deciding on a new cat.
>>Well, the decision has been some time coming but yesterday I brought
>>the new kitty home.
>>
>>Not a shy cat, neither a chronic URI cat, but a senior cat with kidney
>>and liver failure. Owner died, children brought her to the shelter. She
>>wasn't in the best shape when she arrived and then caught a URI at the
>>shelter and stopped eating. We'll see how she does here, at least she
>>immediately came out of her box and also ate a can of food. If nothing
>>else, she can have her last days, or weeks, or months in a home instead
>>of a box at the shelter. Right now the guest bedroom is hers, but
>>hopefully she will get used to my cats so she can enjoy the rest of the
>>flat and the yard.
>>
>>Thanks for your opinions.
>

> Bless you for taking in this cat and for taking care of it in its
> older age. I do not think you will regret it.
>

> My furbabies
>
> http://members.aol.com/larrystark/

22brix
October 1st 06, 06:21 AM
> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Back in August I asked for some opinions on deciding on a new cat.
> Well, the decision has been some time coming but yesterday I brought
> the new kitty home.
>
> Not a shy cat, neither a chronic URI cat, but a senior cat with kidney
> and liver failure. Owner died, children brought her to the shelter. She
> wasn't in the best shape when she arrived and then caught a URI at the
> shelter and stopped eating. We'll see how she does here, at least she
> immediately came out of her box and also ate a can of food. If nothing
> else, she can have her last days, or weeks, or months in a home instead
> of a box at the shelter. Right now the guest bedroom is hers, but
> hopefully she will get used to my cats so she can enjoy the rest of the
> flat and the yard.
>
> Thanks for your opinions.

That's fabulous! It's a great sign that she's willing to eat so soon.
She's probably overjoyed at being in a home, rather than a cage! She's so
lucky to have found you!

Bonnie

-L.
October 1st 06, 06:39 AM
wrote:
> Back in August I asked for some opinions on deciding on a new cat.
> Well, the decision has been some time coming but yesterday I brought
> the new kitty home.
>
> Not a shy cat, neither a chronic URI cat, but a senior cat with kidney
> and liver failure. Owner died, children brought her to the shelter. She
> wasn't in the best shape when she arrived and then caught a URI at the
> shelter and stopped eating. We'll see how she does here, at least she
> immediately came out of her box and also ate a can of food. If nothing
> else, she can have her last days, or weeks, or months in a home instead
> of a box at the shelter. Right now the guest bedroom is hers, but
> hopefully she will get used to my cats so she can enjoy the rest of the
> flat and the yard.
>
> Thanks for your opinions.

Oh bless you! I used to run a rescue that placed orphaned older
kitties - ones whose owners died. They always will have a soft spot in
my heart.

-L.

Rhonda
October 1st 06, 08:31 AM
Perfect! That's great that the shelter had her for adoption -- some
don't even try with older, sick cat.

I love older kitties. I think they are grateful to have a nice retirement.

You have built up a big stack of karma for this one...

Rhonda

wrote:
> Back in August I asked for some opinions on deciding on a new cat.
> Well, the decision has been some time coming but yesterday I brought
> the new kitty home.
>
> Not a shy cat, neither a chronic URI cat, but a senior cat with kidney
> and liver failure. Owner died, children brought her to the shelter. She
> wasn't in the best shape when she arrived and then caught a URI at the
> shelter and stopped eating. We'll see how she does here, at least she
> immediately came out of her box and also ate a can of food. If nothing
> else, she can have her last days, or weeks, or months in a home instead
> of a box at the shelter. Right now the guest bedroom is hers, but
> hopefully she will get used to my cats so she can enjoy the rest of the
> flat and the yard.
>
> Thanks for your opinions.

PawsForThought
October 1st 06, 08:12 PM
wrote:
> Not a shy cat, neither a chronic URI cat, but a senior cat with kidney
> and liver failure.

Congrats on your new furbaby :) If you're not already a member, I
would recommend joining the CRF group on Yahoo. It was very helpful
when I had a CRF kitty.

Lauren
(and Mickey & Meesha)
Raise Your Paw for Raw!

See my cats: http://mickeymeesha.photosite.com/mm/

PawsForThought
October 1st 06, 08:13 PM
The Polish-Kraut wrote:
> My furbabies
>
> http://members.aol.com/larrystark/

I just looked at your cats' pictures. They're all absolutely gorgeous
:)

Lauren
(and Mickey & Meesha)
Raise Your Paw for Raw!

See my cats: http://mickeymeesha.photosite.com/mm/

meeee
October 2nd 06, 12:45 AM
> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Back in August I asked for some opinions on deciding on a new cat.
> Well, the decision has been some time coming but yesterday I brought
> the new kitty home.
>
> Not a shy cat, neither a chronic URI cat, but a senior cat with kidney
> and liver failure. Owner died, children brought her to the shelter. She
> wasn't in the best shape when she arrived and then caught a URI at the
> shelter and stopped eating. We'll see how she does here, at least she
> immediately came out of her box and also ate a can of food. If nothing
> else, she can have her last days, or weeks, or months in a home instead
> of a box at the shelter. Right now the guest bedroom is hers, but
> hopefully she will get used to my cats so she can enjoy the rest of the
> flat and the yard.
>
> Thanks for your opinions.

Wonderful!!! I am so happy you gave this cat a second chance!! Pictures?