PDA

View Full Version : suddenly misbehav.

ensoul
October 1st 06, 01:24 AM
Moe & Rudy are, out of the blue

they've been trained not to go on the stove or kitchen counters...I
have one table top in the living room they're not allowed on all the
rest they are, so you guess it they going on all the above

they jump on my back when I'm on the computer, that's a new one & I
have severve back problems, they try to climb up my legs, climb up my
chest until their right in my face, also new

it's like the hit a 2nd kittenhood.....does that happen?

we got them when they were 8 months, the youngest I've ever had a cat,
they're now 1 1/2 yrs

they're healthy, eat well, play together, use the litter box fine, no
sign of being ill, they maul everybody that comes here not in a mean
but in love me way, they get tons of affection from me

there has been the major change with my husband, Rick dying but that
was 6/24...they get tons of loving, have cat tree they love, I rotate
thier toys and play with

they're tearing the place apart

any ideas?

lynn

Ryan Robbins
October 1st 06, 03:39 AM
"ensoul" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> there has been the major change with my husband, Rick dying but that
> was 6/24...

I think you answered your question in the above paragraph.

Charlie Wilkes
October 1st 06, 06:30 AM
On 30 Sep 2006 17:24:48 -0700, "ensoul" > wrote:

>Moe & Rudy are, out of the blue
>
>they've been trained not to go on the stove or kitchen counters...I
>have one table top in the living room they're not allowed on all the
>rest they are, so you guess it they going on all the above
>
>they jump on my back when I'm on the computer, that's a new one & I
>have severve back problems, they try to climb up my legs, climb up my
>chest until their right in my face, also new
>
>it's like the hit a 2nd kittenhood.....does that happen?
>
>we got them when they were 8 months, the youngest I've ever had a cat,
>they're now 1 1/2 yrs
>
>they're healthy, eat well, play together, use the litter box fine, no
>sign of being ill, they maul everybody that comes here not in a mean
>but in love me way, they get tons of affection from me
>
>there has been the major change with my husband, Rick dying but that
>was 6/24...they get tons of loving, have cat tree they love, I rotate
>thier toys and play with
>
>they're tearing the place apart
>
>any ideas?
>
>lynn

I don't think it's all that unusual or a sign you are doing anything
wrong. They are in a rowdy phase of life. My cat misbehaves once in
awhile. I just scold him mildly and remove him from whatever mischief
he has created. Gradually he has gotten better, not that he was ever
very bad.

Charlie

October 1st 06, 07:41 AM
In article . com>,
"ensoul" > wrote:

> they're healthy, eat well, play together, use the litter box fine, no
> sign of being ill, they maul everybody that comes here not in a mean
> but in love me way, they get tons of affection from me

Wow. Count your blessings!

> they're tearing the place apart
>
> any ideas?

Heh. Invest in plastic glasses and knick-knacks. Keep everything
breakable either in locked cabinets or close to the floor (people who
live in earthquake country do this all the time). Line the floor around
your TV and computer monitor with throw pillows. Keep a squirt bottle
handy. Keep their claws clipped. When at the computer, turn around often
so they can't catch you by surprise and leap onto your back.

How do they feel about the vacuum cleaner?

Rhonda
October 1st 06, 08:34 AM
Your cats are still pretty young. I don't think it's unusual for them to
go through crazy spurts.

Our animals always get more active (and hungry!) this time of year. The
weather is cooling off after a fairly hot summer, and the cats are
running through the house like a herd of buffalos.

Enjoy it,

Rhonda

ensoul wrote:
> Moe & Rudy are, out of the blue
>
> they've been trained not to go on the stove or kitchen counters...I
> have one table top in the living room they're not allowed on all the
> rest they are, so you guess it they going on all the above

October 1st 06, 09:03 AM
In article >,
Rhonda > wrote:

> Our animals always get more active (and hungry!) this time of year. The
> weather is cooling off after a fairly hot summer, and the cats are
> running through the house like a herd of buffalos.

I can relate. Ours are all five of them, well into kitty middle age and
they sound like elephants banging up and down the stairs.

They know it, too, the turkeys. I swear they stomp.

meeee
October 2nd 06, 12:43 AM
They are doing the exact same thing my boys are!! Mine are 1 year at the end
of this month, and have just started being super clingy, climbing my back as
I type, pushing the rules which means I have had to re-introduce the spray
bottle. All similar to yours; I am hoping they have just hit 'puberty'
although they're all spayed, and will grow out of it....just keep
reinforcing the rules. I'd love to hear anyone else's advice too....
"ensoul" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Moe & Rudy are, out of the blue
>
> they've been trained not to go on the stove or kitchen counters...I
> have one table top in the living room they're not allowed on all the
> rest they are, so you guess it they going on all the above
>
> they jump on my back when I'm on the computer, that's a new one & I
> have severve back problems, they try to climb up my legs, climb up my
> chest until their right in my face, also new
>
> it's like the hit a 2nd kittenhood.....does that happen?
>
> we got them when they were 8 months, the youngest I've ever had a cat,
> they're now 1 1/2 yrs
>
> they're healthy, eat well, play together, use the litter box fine, no
> sign of being ill, they maul everybody that comes here not in a mean
> but in love me way, they get tons of affection from me
>
> there has been the major change with my husband, Rick dying but that
> was 6/24...they get tons of loving, have cat tree they love, I rotate
> thier toys and play with
>
> they're tearing the place apart
>
> any ideas?
>
> lynn

Rhonda
October 2nd 06, 02:39 AM
wrote:
> In article >,
> Rhonda > wrote:
>

>>Our animals always get more active (and hungry!) this time of year. The
>>weather is cooling off after a fairly hot summer, and the cats are
>>running through the house like a herd of buffalos.
>

> I can relate. Ours are all five of them, well into kitty middle age and
> they sound like elephants banging up and down the stairs.
>
> They know it, too, the turkeys. I swear they stomp.

Ha! I like that. We have 2 stompers too, the rest run a little quieter.

We call the loud ones Thunder Paws.

Rhonda

October 2nd 06, 03:10 AM
In article >,
Rhonda > wrote:

> We call the loud ones Thunder Paws.

HAHAHAHA!

I hope you didn't copyright that, because I'm stealing it!