PDA

View Full Version : big comfortable cattery

slimer
October 2nd 06, 04:45 AM
We have about 15 cats now. A mean spirited neighbor killed five of
them. We just cannot prove it. He would not talk to us but he did
answer to the police. Anyhow we are afraid he killed them because he
threaten to kill our cats if they went onto his property.
Of course
he says to the police he took them to the Miami Dade shelter which they
had no records of him turning in any cats when we went there. Everyone
has to fill out a form when they turn in animals.

We cannot keep 15 cats inside. They are spayed, flea treated, well
fed and vaccinated. But to keep cats staying on your own property is
virtually
impossible.

Any suggestions on building a cat fence that will allow cats to roam
free in our big
yard?

thanks

Matthew
October 2nd 06, 04:49 AM
A 6 foot high fence is needed they make a over hang that can be added to
the top to prevent animals getting out or in. Talk to your local building
supply company

"slimer" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> We have about 15 cats now. A mean spirited neighbor killed five of
> them. We just cannot prove it. He would not talk to us but he did
> answer to the police. Anyhow we are afraid he killed them because he
> threaten to kill our cats if they went onto his property.
> Of course
> he says to the police he took them to the Miami Dade shelter which they
> had no records of him turning in any cats when we went there. Everyone
> has to fill out a form when they turn in animals.
>
> We cannot keep 15 cats inside. They are spayed, flea treated, well
> fed and vaccinated. But to keep cats staying on your own property is
> virtually
> impossible.
>
> Any suggestions on building a cat fence that will allow cats to roam
> free in our big
> yard?
>
> thanks

Deeanna
October 2nd 06, 07:29 AM
I would also suggest reinforcing the bottom of the fence as well. My
cat LOVED to go under the fence because it was so much easier than
going over. When I finally blocked off the areas he was going under,
he never tried to go over the fence. I was lucky because most cats
will find a way if they are set on leaving the area.