PDA

View Full Version : my cats breathing noises


williammee2002
October 2nd 06, 06:20 AM
Hello;
My cat who is 15 months old and has just recently be fixed and recieved all
her shots, has begun to have breathing problems. When I went to the vet for
her follow up and 2nd distemperment shot the vet asked if she was having any
problems, which she wasn't yet. I really didn't think much of it but about 2
weeks after she began sounding like she had pressure on her lungs or in that
area. By the way the vet did not say she was overweight or anything but did
comment on how she had gained about 1lb in 3-4 weeks, but she is a playfull
cat and could not play for that time cause of the stiches. She has not taken
any of her weight off since, so she weighs about 6.5 lbs. I don't know if
this has anything to do with her breathing or not. She really doesn't seem to
have any problems running or playing or even sleeping, but she is loud and I
just am concerned about her. And if any one can help she has stinky breath as
well, I have read that that could be her teeth, which I have cleaned but only
lessened the smell. For all I know the problem could be one in the same.
Thank you sooo much for any help;
Christina and TJ

m4816k
October 2nd 06, 10:41 AM
"williammee2002" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> Hello;
> My cat who is 15 months old and has just recently be fixed and recieved
> all
> her shots, has begun to have breathing problems. When I went to the vet
> for
> her follow up and 2nd distemperment shot the vet asked if she was having
> any
> problems, which she wasn't yet. I really didn't think much of it but about
> 2
> weeks after she began sounding like she had pressure on her lungs or in
> that
> area. By the way the vet did not say she was overweight or anything but
> did
> comment on how she had gained about 1lb in 3-4 weeks, but she is a
> playfull
> cat and could not play for that time cause of the stiches. She has not
> taken
> any of her weight off since, so she weighs about 6.5 lbs. I don't know if
> this has anything to do with her breathing or not. She really doesn't seem
> to
> have any problems running or playing or even sleeping, but she is loud and
> I
> just am concerned about her. And if any one can help she has stinky breath
> as
> well, I have read that that could be her teeth, which I have cleaned but
> only
> lessened the smell. For all I know the problem could be one in the same.
> Thank you sooo much for any help;
> Christina and TJ
>

If she's as active as before and doesen't show changes in apetite it's not
alarming, but if it's not a problem I'd still take her to the vet, just to
be sure, cause I've never heard of such simptoms (and I had a few cats
already). Good luck!

williammee2002 via CatKB.com
October 2nd 06, 06:01 PM
Thanks for help, she acts fine. We just moved to California from New Jersey
so I am trying to get to know the area so I feel comfortable taking her to
any of the vets around here. But I definately will take her.
Thanks again

m4816k wrote:
>> Hello;
>> My cat who is 15 months old and has just recently be fixed and recieved
>[quoted text clipped - 25 lines]
>> Thank you sooo much for any help;
>> Christina and TJ
>
>If she's as active as before and doesen't show changes in apetite it's not
>alarming, but if it's not a problem I'd still take her to the vet, just to
>be sure, cause I've never heard of such simptoms (and I had a few cats
>already). Good luck!

--
Message posted via CatKB.com
http://www.catkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/cat-health/200610/1

Rhonda
October 3rd 06, 05:56 AM
Does she breathe hard or is it regular breathing but noisy? I'm not
clear if she's panting or if it's just normal-type breathing.

If it's loud breathing all of the time, I would take her to a vet. Did
you move to an area with more air pollution? Maybe she has kitty asthma
or something related.

We had a cat about your cat's age who would pant heavily after playing.
It was heavy enough to concern me, but it was only after play. I finally
just stopped tormenting her with toys so much. :)

Rhonda

williammee2002 wrote:
> Hello;
> My cat who is 15 months old and has just recently be fixed and recieved all
> her shots, has begun to have breathing problems. When I went to the vet for
> her follow up and 2nd distemperment shot the vet asked if she was having any
> problems, which she wasn't yet. I really didn't think much of it but about 2
> weeks after she began sounding like she had pressure on her lungs or in that
> area. By the way the vet did not say she was overweight or anything but did
> comment on how she had gained about 1lb in 3-4 weeks, but she is a playfull
> cat and could not play for that time cause of the stiches. She has not taken
> any of her weight off since, so she weighs about 6.5 lbs. I don't know if
> this has anything to do with her breathing or not. She really doesn't seem to
> have any problems running or playing or even sleeping, but she is loud and I
> just am concerned about her. And if any one can help she has stinky breath as
> well, I have read that that could be her teeth, which I have cleaned but only
> lessened the smell. For all I know the problem could be one in the same.
> Thank you sooo much for any help;
> Christina and TJ
>

October 3rd 06, 07:22 AM
williammee2002 wrote:
> Hello;
> My cat who is 15 months old and has just recently be fixed and recieved all
> her shots, has begun to have breathing problems. When I went to the vet for
> her follow up and 2nd distemperment shot the vet asked if she was having any
> problems, which she wasn't yet. I really didn't think much of it but about 2
> weeks after she began sounding like she had pressure on her lungs or in that
> area. By the way the vet did not say she was overweight or anything but did
> comment on how she had gained about 1lb in 3-4 weeks, but she is a playfull
> cat and could not play for that time cause of the stiches. She has not taken
> any of her weight off since, so she weighs about 6.5 lbs. I don't know if
> this has anything to do with her breathing or not. She really doesn't seem to
> have any problems running or playing or even sleeping, but she is loud and I
> just am concerned about her. And if any one can help she has stinky breath as
> well, I have read that that could be her teeth, which I have cleaned but only
> lessened the smell. For all I know the problem could be one in the same.
> Thank you sooo much for any help;
> Christina and TJ

Did you check for parasites? Any blood work? I thought bad breath might
be parasites too but it's been a while since I read up on it.

m4816k
October 3rd 06, 10:33 AM
"williammee2002 via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Thanks for help, she acts fine. We just moved to California from New
> Jersey
> so I am trying to get to know the area so I feel comfortable taking her to
> any of the vets around here. But I definately will take her.
> Thanks again
>
Now that you mention it, change of climate or an allergic reaction caused by
something in the new surroundings could also be the cause. Just a thought.