PDA

View Full Version : Saying Goodbye To Jason

Paige
October 2nd 06, 11:30 PM
On Sunday, my husband, Michael, and I spent most of the day alternating
between crying and remembering Jason, a cat I found half-starved and
scrounging for food in September of 05. He was the most affectionate
cat we've ever seen, preferring my lap while I was working and a comfy
spot between us both in bed at night. Many mornings we woke up with
Jason looking at us, one of his paws resting gently on top of our
hands.

We never could figure out how such a sweet cat could have ended up
outside and alone, and we both feel lucky to have had him with us for
the time we did.

A few months back he started having health problems. Nothing too
severe, but we knew something wasn't right. After a lot of trips to the
vet trying to uncover what was happening, it turned out to be cancer
pushing against his spine. He gradually lost complete function of his
back legs, and spent his last month stylishly lounging around the house
in cat diapers.

He was sweet, affectionate and loving till the moment we said "Goodbye"
on Sunday.

I want to thank the people in this group who helped me.

Gail
October 2nd 06, 11:37 PM
I am soo sorry for the loss of this beloved pet.
Gail
"Paige" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Sunday, my husband, Michael, and I spent most of the day alternating
> between crying and remembering Jason, a cat I found half-starved and
> scrounging for food in September of 05. He was the most affectionate
> cat we've ever seen, preferring my lap while I was working and a comfy
> spot between us both in bed at night. Many mornings we woke up with
> Jason looking at us, one of his paws resting gently on top of our
> hands.
>
> We never could figure out how such a sweet cat could have ended up
> outside and alone, and we both feel lucky to have had him with us for
> the time we did.
>
> A few months back he started having health problems. Nothing too
> severe, but we knew something wasn't right. After a lot of trips to the
> vet trying to uncover what was happening, it turned out to be cancer
> pushing against his spine. He gradually lost complete function of his
> back legs, and spent his last month stylishly lounging around the house
> in cat diapers.
>
> He was sweet, affectionate and loving till the moment we said "Goodbye"
> on Sunday.
>
> I want to thank the people in this group who helped me.

Lesley
October 2nd 06, 11:52 PM
Paige wrote:
> On Sunday, my husband, Michael, and I spent most of the day alternating
> between crying and remembering Jason, a cat I found half-starved and
> scrounging for food in September of 05.

And he had 10 years of love and affection remember that

I will ask my Furballs to send purrs for you and him

He sounds like a real character.

Take it from me. You will remember in time only the good times and be
glad that he was a part of your lives

Lesley

cybercat
October 2nd 06, 11:55 PM
"Paige" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> He was sweet, affectionate and loving till the moment we said "Goodbye"
> on Sunday.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Paige. Jason sounds like a particularly sweet
little
soul. I'm so glad you made his last year of life so wonderful, and I have no
doubt that he knew he was loved.

Buddy's Mom
October 3rd 06, 01:32 AM
Paige

It really makes you wonder why these people give up these loving
kitties, doesn't it?
I adoped a kitty a year and a half ago [my first adult adoption at age
3] and he is the most purrfect kitty I have ever had! So well behaved,
affectionate and appreciative of every thing he gets! What a doll!
Please adopt another and give your love again.

Paige wrote:
> On Sunday, my husband, Michael, and I spent most of the day alternating
> between crying and remembering Jason, a cat I found half-starved and
> scrounging for food in September of 05. He was the most affectionate
> cat we've ever seen, preferring my lap while I was working and a comfy
> spot between us both in bed at night. Many mornings we woke up with
> Jason looking at us, one of his paws resting gently on top of our
> hands.
>
> We never could figure out how such a sweet cat could have ended up
> outside and alone, and we both feel lucky to have had him with us for
> the time we did.
>
> A few months back he started having health problems. Nothing too
> severe, but we knew something wasn't right. After a lot of trips to the
> vet trying to uncover what was happening, it turned out to be cancer
> pushing against his spine. He gradually lost complete function of his
> back legs, and spent his last month stylishly lounging around the house
> in cat diapers.
>
> He was sweet, affectionate and loving till the moment we said "Goodbye"
> on Sunday.
>
> I want to thank the people in this group who helped me.

Stacia
October 3rd 06, 03:25 AM
Sounds like you gave Jason a great life and he was lucky to have you.
You have my condolences.

Stacia

blkcatgal
October 3rd 06, 04:28 AM
Paige,
I am so sorry to hear about Jason. I hope the memories of all the joy he
brought you helps during this difficult time.

Sue
"Paige" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Sunday, my husband, Michael, and I spent most of the day alternating
> between crying and remembering Jason, a cat I found half-starved and
> scrounging for food in September of 05. He was the most affectionate
> cat we've ever seen, preferring my lap while I was working and a comfy
> spot between us both in bed at night. Many mornings we woke up with
> Jason looking at us, one of his paws resting gently on top of our
> hands.
>
> We never could figure out how such a sweet cat could have ended up
> outside and alone, and we both feel lucky to have had him with us for
> the time we did.
>
> A few months back he started having health problems. Nothing too
> severe, but we knew something wasn't right. After a lot of trips to the
> vet trying to uncover what was happening, it turned out to be cancer
> pushing against his spine. He gradually lost complete function of his
> back legs, and spent his last month stylishly lounging around the house
> in cat diapers.
>
> He was sweet, affectionate and loving till the moment we said "Goodbye"
> on Sunday.
>
> I want to thank the people in this group who helped me.

Rhonda
October 3rd 06, 05:46 AM
It was heartening to read your post, Paige, that you took in this cat
and gave him such a nice retirement before he had to leave. How
wonderful that he was comfy and well-fed and had a lap for his last year.

I'm sorry he had to leave so soon, but you did right by him.

Take care,

Rhonda

Paige wrote:
> On Sunday, my husband, Michael, and I spent most of the day alternating
> between crying and remembering Jason, a cat I found half-starved and
> scrounging for food in September of 05. He was the most affectionate
> cat we've ever seen, preferring my lap while I was working and a comfy
> spot between us both in bed at night. Many mornings we woke up with
> Jason looking at us, one of his paws resting gently on top of our
> hands.
>
> We never could figure out how such a sweet cat could have ended up
> outside and alone, and we both feel lucky to have had him with us for
> the time we did.
>
> A few months back he started having health problems. Nothing too
> severe, but we knew something wasn't right. After a lot of trips to the
> vet trying to uncover what was happening, it turned out to be cancer
> pushing against his spine. He gradually lost complete function of his
> back legs, and spent his last month stylishly lounging around the house
> in cat diapers.
>
> He was sweet, affectionate and loving till the moment we said "Goodbye"
> on Sunday.
>
> I want to thank the people in this group who helped me.

Candace
October 3rd 06, 05:53 AM
Paige wrote:

> We never could figure out how such a sweet cat could have ended up
> outside and alone, and we both feel lucky to have had him with us for
> the time we did.
>
> He was sweet, affectionate and loving till the moment we said "Goodbye"
> on Sunday.

I'm very sorry, Paige. You did everything possible for the little guy.
I'm so glad you found him. It sounds like he had a wonderful home
with you.

Candace

-L.
October 3rd 06, 06:29 AM
Paige wrote:
> On Sunday, my husband, Michael, and I spent most of the day alternating
> between crying and remembering Jason, a cat I found half-starved and
> scrounging for food in September of 05.

Oh Paige, I am so sorry. I lost my sweet dog Tosh to a spinal tumor
too - much in the same manner. I hope you can find some comfort in
knowing that Jason had a good life over the last year.

-L.

Charlie Wilkes
October 3rd 06, 08:23 AM
On 2 Oct 2006 15:30:49 -0700, "Paige" > wrote:

>On Sunday, my husband, Michael, and I spent most of the day alternating
>between crying and remembering Jason, a cat I found half-starved and
>scrounging for food in September of 05. He was the most affectionate
>cat we've ever seen, preferring my lap while I was working and a comfy
>spot between us both in bed at night. Many mornings we woke up with
>Jason looking at us, one of his paws resting gently on top of our
>hands.
>
>We never could figure out how such a sweet cat could have ended up
>outside and alone, and we both feel lucky to have had him with us for
>the time we did.
>
>A few months back he started having health problems. Nothing too
>severe, but we knew something wasn't right. After a lot of trips to the
>vet trying to uncover what was happening, it turned out to be cancer
>pushing against his spine. He gradually lost complete function of his
>back legs, and spent his last month stylishly lounging around the house
>in cat diapers.
>
>He was sweet, affectionate and loving till the moment we said "Goodbye"
>on Sunday.
>
>I want to thank the people in this group who helped me.

I'm sorry about Jason. It's miserable to have these lovable pets
whose life span is so short. It's especially sad in your situation,
since you had him for such a short time.

But you gave him a taste of the good life, so he lived and died
knowing that somebody really cared. That counts for something.

Charlie

Deeanna
October 3rd 06, 08:25 AM
Paige,
I know all too well how you feel; I've had to euthanize three of mine
and I have lost two to illness, one last July who was my baby for 16
years. To be brief, he passed away at the vet on a Sunday and I did
not find out until the next day. I am, to this day, riddled with guilt
for not going to visit him. I did not because he did not like cages
and I did not want to upset him. It literally makes me sick to my
stomach to think about him passing away in that cage alone without me
being there with him. Must stop now...

Anyways, one of the things that helped me begin to cope with the loss
of my babies was to put together a photo album of all pictures of the
fur baby either by him/her self or playing with one of his/her other
"siblings" at any given time. It helped me to remember what fun they
were for me and for the "sibling". It helps to be able to see their
faces and their eyes to see what beautiful souls my babies (and all
kitties) had. They were with me when I was single and were my company
on many nights sitting home. I preferred their company over a man's
any day of the week, until I met my husband, of course :^). Thank
goodness he is also a cat lover.

Thank you so much for giving this wonderful, gentle, loving kitty a
good home for 11 years of his life. I have no doubt he is resting in
peace, very happy and quite content because of the love you and your
husband gave him. When you all are ready, look at his pictures and
look into his eyes...you will see how much he truly and deeply loved
you all.

Many human and kitty blessings to you.
Deeanna

Paige wrote:
> On Sunday, my husband, Michael, and I spent most of the day alternating
> between crying and remembering Jason, a cat I found half-starved and
> scrounging for food in September of 05. He was the most affectionate
> cat we've ever seen, preferring my lap while I was working and a comfy
> spot between us both in bed at night. Many mornings we woke up with
> Jason looking at us, one of his paws resting gently on top of our
> hands.
>
> We never could figure out how such a sweet cat could have ended up
> outside and alone, and we both feel lucky to have had him with us for
> the time we did.
>
> A few months back he started having health problems. Nothing too
> severe, but we knew something wasn't right. After a lot of trips to the
> vet trying to uncover what was happening, it turned out to be cancer
> pushing against his spine. He gradually lost complete function of his
> back legs, and spent his last month stylishly lounging around the house
> in cat diapers.
>
> He was sweet, affectionate and loving till the moment we said "Goodbye"
> on Sunday.
>
> I want to thank the people in this group who helped me.

Paige
October 3rd 06, 09:41 PM
Hello everyone,

I greatly appreciate your heartfelt messages.

I've posted pictures taken last week and Sunday morning. Just copy and
paste

http://www.flickr.com/search/people/?q=Iluvmycats in your web browser.

Thank you again....

cybercat
October 3rd 06, 10:09 PM
"Paige" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hello everyone,
>
> I greatly appreciate your heartfelt messages.
>
> I've posted pictures taken last week and Sunday morning. Just copy and
> paste
>
> http://www.flickr.com/search/people/?q=Iluvmycats in your web browser.
>
> Thank you again....

Jason is beautiful and I can see by the look in his eyes that he felt
loved.

mdsu
October 3rd 06, 11:06 PM
Paige wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I greatly appreciate your heartfelt messages.
>
> I've posted pictures taken last week and Sunday morning. Just copy and
> paste
>
> http://www.flickr.com/search/people/?q=Iluvmycats in your web browser.
>
> Thank you again....

I am very sorry Paige. I lost my cat, Al, recently, so I know how you
feel. The pictures of Jason are beautiful. He looks very content and
mellow. Again, I'm very sorry for your loss.

Rich

Matthew
October 3rd 06, 11:07 PM
My sorrows Paige

IF TEARS COULD BUILD A STAIRWAY

If tears could build a stairway.
and memories a lane.
I would walk right up to Heaven
and bring you back again.

No farewell words were spoken
No time to say "Goodbye."
You were gone before I knew it.
and only Gods knows why.

My heart still aches with sadness.
and secret tears still flow.
What it meant to love you-
No one can ever know.

But now I know you want me
to mourn for you no more:
To remember all the happy times.
life still has much in store

Since you'll never be forgotten.
I pledge to you today-
A hollowed place within my heart.
is where you will always stay.

Author unknown

"Paige" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Sunday, my husband, Michael, and I spent most of the day alternating
> between crying and remembering Jason, a cat I found half-starved and
> scrounging for food in September of 05. He was the most affectionate
> cat we've ever seen, preferring my lap while I was working and a comfy
> spot between us both in bed at night. Many mornings we woke up with
> Jason looking at us, one of his paws resting gently on top of our
> hands.
>
> We never could figure out how such a sweet cat could have ended up
> outside and alone, and we both feel lucky to have had him with us for
> the time we did.
>
> A few months back he started having health problems. Nothing too
> severe, but we knew something wasn't right. After a lot of trips to the
> vet trying to uncover what was happening, it turned out to be cancer
> pushing against his spine. He gradually lost complete function of his
> back legs, and spent his last month stylishly lounging around the house
> in cat diapers.
>
> He was sweet, affectionate and loving till the moment we said "Goodbye"
> on Sunday.
>
> I want to thank the people in this group who helped me.

Deeanna
October 3rd 06, 11:45 PM
Hello Paige

What a beautiful and sweet kitty! As cruel as it was for someone to
dump him, it ended up being a blessing for you and your husband and for
Jason.

Many blessings to you!
Deeanna

Paige wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I greatly appreciate your heartfelt messages.
>
> I've posted pictures taken last week and Sunday morning. Just copy and
> paste
>
> http://www.flickr.com/search/people/?q=Iluvmycats in your web browser.
>
> Thank you again....

cybercat
October 4th 06, 12:26 AM
"Matthew" > wrote in message
> My sorrows Paige
>

> IF TEARS COULD BUILD A STAIRWAY
>

> If tears could build a stairway.
> and memories a lane.
> I would walk right up to Heaven
> and bring you back again.
>

> No farewell words were spoken
> No time to say "Goodbye."
> You were gone before I knew it.
> and only Gods knows why.
>

> My heart still aches with sadness.
> and secret tears still flow.
> What it meant to love you-
> No one can ever know.
>

> But now I know you want me
> to mourn for you no more:
> To remember all the happy times.
> life still has much in store
>

> Since you'll never be forgotten.
> I pledge to you today-
> A hollowed place within my heart.
> is where you will always stay.
>

> Author unknown

I love this, Matthew. Thanks for posting.

Matthew
October 4th 06, 12:41 AM
Another for you
one that I wrote

Always remember We will be there even if you can't see us.
We are always Watching and Waiting. That cool puff of air you
feel across your cheek, that fleeting touch, the feeling you have
that I was walking across your bed, that moment you swear you can
hear us, that flicker of movement out of the corner of your eye.
Is just our way of saying I love you and I am with you always even
in the darkest time We Will Always Be There. Till our paws touch again
always know we love you and cherished our special time together

"cybercat" > wrote in message
.. .

> "Matthew" > wrote in message
>> My sorrows Paige
>>

>> IF TEARS COULD BUILD A STAIRWAY
>>

>> If tears could build a stairway.
>> and memories a lane.
>> I would walk right up to Heaven
>> and bring you back again.
>>

>> No farewell words were spoken
>> No time to say "Goodbye."
>> You were gone before I knew it.
>> and only Gods knows why.
>>

>> My heart still aches with sadness.
>> and secret tears still flow.
>> What it meant to love you-
>> No one can ever know.
>>

>> But now I know you want me
>> to mourn for you no more:
>> To remember all the happy times.
>> life still has much in store
>>

>> Since you'll never be forgotten.
>> I pledge to you today-
>> A hollowed place within my heart.
>> is where you will always stay.
>>

>> Author unknown
>
> I love this, Matthew. Thanks for posting.

October 4th 06, 01:14 AM
"Matthew" > wrote in message
> Another for you
> one that I wrote
>

> Always remember We will be there even if you can't see us.
> We are always Watching and Waiting. That cool puff of air you
> feel across your cheek, that fleeting touch, the feeling you have
> that I was walking across your bed, that moment you swear you can
> hear us, that flicker of movement out of the corner of your eye.
> Is just our way of saying I love you and I am with you always even
> in the darkest time We Will Always Be There. Till our paws touch again
> always know we love you and cherished our special time together

Lovely, Matthew. I tell you, I look at my little Gracie and get choked
up just thinking about losing her, and she is only 7. Love is a double-edged
sword! (In the sense that nothing can take away that which you have
never had. If that makes sense.)

Rhonda
October 4th 06, 05:34 AM
What a beautiful and loving cat.

Looks like he was a real sweetie.

Rhonda

Paige wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I greatly appreciate your heartfelt messages.
>
> I've posted pictures taken last week and Sunday morning. Just copy and
> paste
>
> http://www.flickr.com/search/people/?q=Iluvmycats in your web browser.
>
> Thank you again....

Lightwell
October 4th 06, 05:29 PM
Paige wrote:
> On Sunday, my husband, Michael, and I spent most of the day alternating
> between crying and remembering Jason, a cat I found half-starved and
> scrounging for food in September of 05. He was the most affectionate
> cat we've ever seen, preferring my lap while I was working and a comfy
> spot between us both in bed at night. Many mornings we woke up with
> Jason looking at us, one of his paws resting gently on top of our
> hands.
>
> We never could figure out how such a sweet cat could have ended up
> outside and alone, and we both feel lucky to have had him with us for
> the time we did.
>
> A few months back he started having health problems. Nothing too
> severe, but we knew something wasn't right. After a lot of trips to the
> vet trying to uncover what was happening, it turned out to be cancer
> pushing against his spine. He gradually lost complete function of his
> back legs, and spent his last month stylishly lounging around the house
> in cat diapers.
>
> He was sweet, affectionate and loving till the moment we said "Goodbye"
> on Sunday.
>
> I want to thank the people in this group who helped me.

I am deeply sorry for your loss.

Lightwell
October 4th 06, 05:30 PM
Paige wrote:
> On Sunday, my husband, Michael, and I spent most of the day alternating
> between crying and remembering Jason, a cat I found half-starved and
> scrounging for food in September of 05. He was the most affectionate
> cat we've ever seen, preferring my lap while I was working and a comfy
> spot between us both in bed at night. Many mornings we woke up with
> Jason looking at us, one of his paws resting gently on top of our
> hands.
>
> We never could figure out how such a sweet cat could have ended up
> outside and alone, and we both feel lucky to have had him with us for
> the time we did.
>
> A few months back he started having health problems. Nothing too
> severe, but we knew something wasn't right. After a lot of trips to the
> vet trying to uncover what was happening, it turned out to be cancer
> pushing against his spine. He gradually lost complete function of his
> back legs, and spent his last month stylishly lounging around the house
> in cat diapers.
>
> He was sweet, affectionate and loving till the moment we said "Goodbye"
> on Sunday.
>
> I want to thank the people in this group who helped me.

I am deeply sorry for your loss.

Kitkat
October 5th 06, 04:00 AM
Paige wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I greatly appreciate your heartfelt messages.
>
> I've posted pictures taken last week and Sunday morning. Just copy and
> paste
>
> http://www.flickr.com/search/people/?q=Iluvmycats in your web browser.
>
> Thank you again....

OMG. What a sweetheart. I have tears in my eyes. I lost my baby Dudley
just over a month ago. I, too, only had him a short time (2 years) when
he passed away just a few weeks shy of his 14th birthday. It still hurts
SOOOO much. But, it gets better. Jason looked like a WONDERFUL boy. He
just had that contented look in his eyes...despite probably feeling like
****.

hugs from me!
Pam

Paige
October 5th 06, 07:01 PM
Matthew wrote:
> My sorrows Paige
>

> IF TEARS COULD BUILD A STAIRWAY
>

> If tears could build a stairway.
> and memories a lane.
> I would walk right up to Heaven
> and bring you back again.
>

> No farewell words were spoken
> No time to say "Goodbye."
> You were gone before I knew it.
> and only Gods knows why.
>

> My heart still aches with sadness.
> and secret tears still flow.
> What it meant to love you-
> No one can ever know.
>

> But now I know you want me
> to mourn for you no more:
> To remember all the happy times.
> life still has much in store
>

> Since you'll never be forgotten.
> I pledge to you today-
> A hollowed place within my heart.
> is where you will always stay.
>

> Author unknown

Matthew,

Thank you posting this beautiful poem.

Page

Paige
October 5th 06, 07:14 PM
Kitkat wrote:

> OMG. What a sweetheart. I have tears in my eyes. I lost my baby Dudley
> just over a month ago. I, too, only had him a short time (2 years) when
> he passed away just a few weeks shy of his 14th birthday. It still hurts
> SOOOO much. But, it gets better. Jason looked like a WONDERFUL boy. He
> just had that contented look in his eyes...despite probably feeling like
> ****.
>
> hugs from me!
> Pam

Pam,

Sorry to hear about Dudley. Was he adopted from a rescue agency? I'd
love to hear about him.

Hugs from me too.

Paige

Kitkat
October 6th 06, 04:43 AM
Paige wrote:
> Kitkat wrote:
>

>>OMG. What a sweetheart. I have tears in my eyes. I lost my baby Dudley
>>just over a month ago. I, too, only had him a short time (2 years) when
>>he passed away just a few weeks shy of his 14th birthday. It still hurts
>>SOOOO much. But, it gets better. Jason looked like a WONDERFUL boy. He
>>just had that contented look in his eyes...despite probably feeling like
>> ****.
>>
>>hugs from me!
>>Pam
>

> Pam,
>
> Sorry to hear about Dudley. Was he adopted from a rescue agency? I'd
> love to hear about him.
>
> Hugs from me too.
>
> Paige

I'm going to post Dudley's story in another thread. :)
He was the BEST!!!

:)
Pam