PDA

View Full Version : White cat's health - outer ear problem?

The High Council
October 3rd 06, 12:56 PM
Hi guys,

I am a little concerned about my cat 'Babs' as she is a white haired
cat and I have noticed that she has some kind of 'rash' or 'crusty
lumps' on both her ears (the exterior pink areas). I have heard that
you have to watch out with sun burn on white cat's ears, although Babs
doesn't go out at all as she is a house cat. She isn't irritated at
all by the rash, it is only through stroking her ear that my partner
noticed the bumps and then when I looked carefully I noticed the rash
(or whatever it is). I'm hoping it will disappear in a few days.
Has anyone any advice or ideas?

Thanks.

Lee

PITA
October 3rd 06, 05:48 PM
Hi there:
I noticed the same thing, or close to the same thing a few months ago.
My cat ended up having an inner ear infection and had to go on
antibiotics. It never seemed to bother her either...but I noticed the
discharge. I'd take her to the vet to get it checked out.
PITA

The High Council wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I am a little concerned about my cat 'Babs' as she is a white haired
> cat and I have noticed that she has some kind of 'rash' or 'crusty
> lumps' on both her ears (the exterior pink areas). I have heard that
> you have to watch out with sun burn on white cat's ears, although Babs
> doesn't go out at all as she is a house cat. She isn't irritated at
> all by the rash, it is only through stroking her ear that my partner
> noticed the bumps and then when I looked carefully I noticed the rash
> (or whatever it is). I'm hoping it will disappear in a few days.
> Has anyone any advice or ideas?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Lee

The High Council
October 3rd 06, 06:13 PM
Hi PITA,

Thanks for replying. Was the rash or bumps on the external outer ear -
where the fur is? That is where Babs bumps are. Not the internal side
of the ear.

Cheers

On 3 Oct 2006 09:48:43 -0700, "PITA" > wrote:

>Hi there:
>I noticed the same thing, or close to the same thing a few months ago.
>My cat ended up having an inner ear infection and had to go on
>antibiotics. It never seemed to bother her either...but I noticed the
>discharge. I'd take her to the vet to get it checked out.
>PITA
>
>The High Council wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I am a little concerned about my cat 'Babs' as she is a white haired
>> cat and I have noticed that she has some kind of 'rash' or 'crusty
>> lumps' on both her ears (the exterior pink areas). I have heard that
>> you have to watch out with sun burn on white cat's ears, although Babs
>> doesn't go out at all as she is a house cat. She isn't irritated at
>> all by the rash, it is only through stroking her ear that my partner
>> noticed the bumps and then when I looked carefully I noticed the rash
>> (or whatever it is). I'm hoping it will disappear in a few days.
>> Has anyone any advice or ideas?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Lee

October 4th 06, 02:11 PM
The High Council wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I am a little concerned about my cat 'Babs' as she is a white haired
> cat and I have noticed that she has some kind of 'rash' or 'crusty
> lumps' on both her ears (the exterior pink areas). I have heard that
> you have to watch out with sun burn on white cat's ears, although Babs
> doesn't go out at all as she is a house cat. She isn't irritated at
> all by the rash, it is only through stroking her ear that my partner
> noticed the bumps and then when I looked carefully I noticed the rash
> (or whatever it is). I'm hoping it will disappear in a few days.
> Has anyone any advice or ideas?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Lee

Please take Babs in for a biopsy. My Tuffy was a white cat, long story
short, he had the sores on his ears and above his eyes where the fur is
sparse. It was cancer and it eventually killed him. altho, the surgery
bought him an extra 5 years of life. By the way I love "Babs" as a
name--short and sweet.