PDA

View Full Version : update on Levi, the kitten who ate the latex teat

Lynne
October 3rd 06, 11:04 PM
Levi finally stuck. The name, that is. I thought I would give y'all
an update on him since you really helped me through a very stressful
time waiting for him to pass that thing.

Levi, who was hand raised (until he ate the nipple) also had an eye
infection and a URI when we first got him. They cleared up on
antibiotics, but came right back so he is now on a longer course to
really wipe it out. He still has some minor symptoms, but he is
growing and his energy levels are through the roof so I finally feel
confident that he will not succumb to what takes so many of these hand
raised babies.

He's AMAZING in every way. I'm completely in love, but he really is!
He's huge now for a kitten his age (~ 8 weeks old). My mother just got
a 3 month old kitten and Levi is significantly bigger than her. He's
long and lean. His paws are HUGE, too. He's not afraid of anything,
loves the dog, the other cat, the kids, me, company, everything. He
even went after the vacuum cleaner! There is nowhere my other cat can
go at this point to get away from the little devil, but Rudy is very
tolerant of his new brother who constantly attacks him. Rudy tries to
pin him down to wash him and Levi fights like crazy. It's a riot to
watch them together. I even caught Levi licking Rudy this morning.
They already have a great bond.

My dog loves him, too, and they play kind of rough, but Levi can't seem
to get enough. We're about to adopt another dog so it should be
constant chaos around here soon (as if it isn't already).

Levi still sucks our lips when he is sleepy, but is learning that when
I detach him that's enough. He LOVES to snuggle and purrs constantly
when he's sitting still (which isn't often the past few days!). He's
still not grasping the concept that attacking my face at 3 in the
morning isn't a good thing, hehe, but we're working on "no." He's a
gem, he really is.

Here's the only photo I have uploaded, more soon. This one just cracks
me up

http://fototime.com/008498DB75FC3C8/orig.jpg

Matthew
October 3rd 06, 11:06 PM
Happy dance
The photos reminds me of FOOD NOW FEED ME

"Lynne" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Levi finally stuck. The name, that is. I thought I would give y'all
> an update on him since you really helped me through a very stressful
> time waiting for him to pass that thing.
>
> Levi, who was hand raised (until he ate the nipple) also had an eye
> infection and a URI when we first got him. They cleared up on
> antibiotics, but came right back so he is now on a longer course to
> really wipe it out. He still has some minor symptoms, but he is
> growing and his energy levels are through the roof so I finally feel
> confident that he will not succumb to what takes so many of these hand
> raised babies.
>
> He's AMAZING in every way. I'm completely in love, but he really is!
> He's huge now for a kitten his age (~ 8 weeks old). My mother just got
> a 3 month old kitten and Levi is significantly bigger than her. He's
> long and lean. His paws are HUGE, too. He's not afraid of anything,
> loves the dog, the other cat, the kids, me, company, everything. He
> even went after the vacuum cleaner! There is nowhere my other cat can
> go at this point to get away from the little devil, but Rudy is very
> tolerant of his new brother who constantly attacks him. Rudy tries to
> pin him down to wash him and Levi fights like crazy. It's a riot to
> watch them together. I even caught Levi licking Rudy this morning.
> They already have a great bond.
>
> My dog loves him, too, and they play kind of rough, but Levi can't seem
> to get enough. We're about to adopt another dog so it should be
> constant chaos around here soon (as if it isn't already).
>
> Levi still sucks our lips when he is sleepy, but is learning that when
> I detach him that's enough. He LOVES to snuggle and purrs constantly
> when he's sitting still (which isn't often the past few days!). He's
> still not grasping the concept that attacking my face at 3 in the
> morning isn't a good thing, hehe, but we're working on "no." He's a
> gem, he really is.
>
> Here's the only photo I have uploaded, more soon. This one just cracks
> me up
>
> http://fototime.com/008498DB75FC3C8/orig.jpg

Rhonda
October 4th 06, 04:36 AM
That is the cutest picture! What an incredibly scary kitten... ha.

Thanks for posting that and the update.

Rhonda

Lynne wrote:

> Here's the only photo I have uploaded, more soon. This one just cracks
> me up
>
> http://fototime.com/008498DB75FC3C8/orig.jpg

Marcie
October 4th 06, 04:41 AM

> http://fototime.com/008498DB75FC3C8/orig.jpg

Thanks for sharing, Lynne!

This is the best cat photo I've seen in a while! I'm glad Levi's doing
better.

Keep em coming, and best of luck with your growing family!

Marcie

Lynne
October 4th 06, 05:34 PM
Marcie wrote:

> > http://fototime.com/008498DB75FC3C8/orig.jpg
>
> Thanks for sharing, Lynne!
>
> This is the best cat photo I've seen in a while! I'm glad Levi's doing
> better.
>
> Keep em coming, and best of luck with your growing family!
>
> Marcie

Thanks! I love my babies.

Here's a few more photos.

Levi's eyes are no longer blue
http://fototime.com/3BAD18A7D36EB89/orig.jpg

Rudy's eyes are green but sometimes they look gold
http://fototime.com/BD843EC6EE9E160/orig.jpg

Rudy tries and tries to mother Levi
http://fototime.com/92ED6E4462F2FEF/standard.jpg

but Levi just wants to play
http://fototime.com/32C7EBA5A9A8E82/orig.jpg

and they do!
http://fototime.com/41B66881799D4D4/orig.jpg

Levi and Roxy also play, sometimes ROUGH
http://fototime.com/C543A6E737C42F5/orig.jpg

but they also nap together
http://fototime.com/6802475AB0D5725/orig.jpg

and one more. My daughter calls this "kitty porn"
http://fototime.com/A501111189B8689/orig.jpg

Catjoy via CatKB.com
October 4th 06, 08:42 PM
So glad to hear that Levi is well!!

All the best,
Jan

Lynne wrote:
>Levi finally stuck. The name, that is. I thought I would give y'all
>an update on him since you really helped me through a very stressful
>time waiting for him to pass that thing.
>
>Levi, who was hand raised (until he ate the nipple) also had an eye
>infection and a URI when we first got him. They cleared up on
>antibiotics, but came right back so he is now on a longer course to
>really wipe it out. He still has some minor symptoms, but he is
>growing and his energy levels are through the roof so I finally feel
>confident that he will not succumb to what takes so many of these hand
>raised babies.
>
>He's AMAZING in every way. I'm completely in love, but he really is!
>He's huge now for a kitten his age (~ 8 weeks old). My mother just got
>a 3 month old kitten and Levi is significantly bigger than her. He's
>long and lean. His paws are HUGE, too. He's not afraid of anything,
>loves the dog, the other cat, the kids, me, company, everything. He
>even went after the vacuum cleaner! There is nowhere my other cat can
>go at this point to get away from the little devil, but Rudy is very
>tolerant of his new brother who constantly attacks him. Rudy tries to
>pin him down to wash him and Levi fights like crazy. It's a riot to
>watch them together. I even caught Levi licking Rudy this morning.
>They already have a great bond.
>
>My dog loves him, too, and they play kind of rough, but Levi can't seem
>to get enough. We're about to adopt another dog so it should be
>constant chaos around here soon (as if it isn't already).
>
>Levi still sucks our lips when he is sleepy, but is learning that when
>I detach him that's enough. He LOVES to snuggle and purrs constantly
>when he's sitting still (which isn't often the past few days!). He's
>still not grasping the concept that attacking my face at 3 in the
>morning isn't a good thing, hehe, but we're working on "no." He's a
>gem, he really is.
>
>Here's the only photo I have uploaded, more soon. This one just cracks
>me up
>
>http://fototime.com/008498DB75FC3C8/orig.jpg

JohnR66
October 5th 06, 01:38 AM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Levi finally stuck. The name, that is. I thought I would give y'all
> an update on him since you really helped me through a very stressful
> time waiting for him to pass that thing.
>
> Levi, who was hand raised (until he ate the nipple) also had an eye
> infection and a URI when we first got him. They cleared up on
> antibiotics, but came right back so he is now on a longer course to
> really wipe it out. He still has some minor symptoms, but he is
> growing and his energy levels are through the roof so I finally feel
> confident that he will not succumb to what takes so many of these hand
> raised babies.
>
> He's AMAZING in every way. I'm completely in love, but he really is!
> He's huge now for a kitten his age (~ 8 weeks old). My mother just got
> a 3 month old kitten and Levi is significantly bigger than her. He's
> long and lean. His paws are HUGE, too. He's not afraid of anything,
> loves the dog, the other cat, the kids, me, company, everything. He
> even went after the vacuum cleaner! There is nowhere my other cat can
> go at this point to get away from the little devil, but Rudy is very
> tolerant of his new brother who constantly attacks him. Rudy tries to
> pin him down to wash him and Levi fights like crazy. It's a riot to
> watch them together. I even caught Levi licking Rudy this morning.
> They already have a great bond.
>
> My dog loves him, too, and they play kind of rough, but Levi can't seem
> to get enough. We're about to adopt another dog so it should be
> constant chaos around here soon (as if it isn't already).
>
> Levi still sucks our lips when he is sleepy, but is learning that when
> I detach him that's enough. He LOVES to snuggle and purrs constantly
> when he's sitting still (which isn't often the past few days!). He's
> still not grasping the concept that attacking my face at 3 in the
> morning isn't a good thing, hehe, but we're working on "no." He's a
> gem, he really is.
>
> Here's the only photo I have uploaded, more soon. This one just cracks
> me up
>
> http://fototime.com/008498DB75FC3C8/orig.jpg

FWIW, my young cat, Snickers, was playing with one of those plastic rings
that lock the cap on a milk jug. He was slapping it all over the place,
having a great time. Before I knew it, he chewed it to pieces and swallowed
all of it. Next day I didn't notice anything in his stools, but after
scooping out the litter, I put it in the toilet and let it sit for a while
to become soft. I then dumped water in to stir up the matter and up came the
plastic pieces. Point here is, it could have come out and you never saw it
because it is encased in poop : )

As I read in one cat care book once, they exaggerated, "kittens can eat
enough foreign matter to stock a small store".

John

Kitkat
October 5th 06, 04:03 AM
Lynne wrote:

> Here's the only photo I have uploaded, more soon. This one just cracks
> me up
>
> http://fototime.com/008498DB75FC3C8/orig.jpg

He sounds and LOOKS wonderful. I am so glad he is doing great! Yay Levi!

YAWN!

Kitkat
October 5th 06, 04:05 AM
> Levi and Roxy also play, sometimes ROUGH
> http://fototime.com/C543A6E737C42F5/orig.jpg

Roxy looks like she is having a Levi sandwich!!!!!

> but they also nap together
> http://fototime.com/6802475AB0D5725/orig.jpg

ACK! CUTE ALERT!!!! CUTE ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynne
October 5th 06, 04:17 AM
Kitkat wrote:
> > Levi and Roxy also play, sometimes ROUGH
> > http://fototime.com/C543A6E737C42F5/orig.jpg
>

> Roxy looks like she is having a Levi sandwich!!!!!
>
> > but they also nap together
> > http://fototime.com/6802475AB0D5725/orig.jpg
>
> ACK! CUTE ALERT!!!! CUTE ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*giant smile*

Thanks <3

Lesley
October 5th 06, 01:42 PM
JohnR66 wrote:

> FWIW, my young cat, Snickers, was playing with one of those plastic rings
> that lock the cap on a milk jug. He was slapping it all over the place,
> having a great time. Before I knew it, he chewed it to pieces and swallowed
> all of it.

Redunzel as a small kitten managed to eat about 6 inches of bootlace.
Dave first noticed when he saw whar he thought was a small bit of poop
by her butt and then realised it was in fact the end of a bootlace
hanging out!

Mass panic! I ran home ready to rush her to the vet!

While I was having a heart attack on the way home- she went to the box
and passed a long thin poop with the undigested string in the middle!
We were amazed given that at the time, the section she swallowed was as
long as she was

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Rhonda
October 7th 06, 06:47 AM
What great pictures!

I just LOVE these two.

You could make an adorable calendar with the shots.

Rhonda