PDA

View Full Version : my cat REALLY likes me

Paul
October 4th 06, 01:26 PM
Hi all,
My male tomcat is almost 1 year old and was neutered last week.
for a couple of weeks prior to the neutering, he would straddle my arm and
kick at it with his hind legs - i assumed he was trying to mate with me.
for some reason, he'd only do it to me, nobody else. made me feel special.

now he's been neutered, last night he did the same thing, which worries me
a bit because i'm wondering if i've neutered him too late to stop this
behavior. he'd even put a barry white record on!

any thoughts or advice??
thanks for reading.

dgk
October 4th 06, 01:49 PM
On Wed, 04 Oct 2006 12:26:51 GMT, Paul > wrote:

>Hi all,
>My male tomcat is almost 1 year old and was neutered last week.
>for a couple of weeks prior to the neutering, he would straddle my arm and
>kick at it with his hind legs - i assumed he was trying to mate with me.
>for some reason, he'd only do it to me, nobody else. made me feel special.
>
>now he's been neutered, last night he did the same thing, which worries me
>a bit because i'm wondering if i've neutered him too late to stop this
>behavior. he'd even put a barry white record on!
>
>any thoughts or advice??
>thanks for reading.

It takes a little time for hormone levels to drop.

cybercat
October 4th 06, 01:53 PM
"Paul" > wrote

he'd even put a barry white record on!

hahaha! I just had to say, thanks for the laugh ..

I really needed one this morning.

Buddy's Mom
October 4th 06, 02:26 PM
Are you sure he isn't just playing?

Paul wrote:
> Hi all,
> My male tomcat is almost 1 year old and was neutered last week.
> for a couple of weeks prior to the neutering, he would straddle my arm and
> kick at it with his hind legs - i assumed he was trying to mate with me.
> for some reason, he'd only do it to me, nobody else. made me feel special.
>
> now he's been neutered, last night he did the same thing, which worries me
> a bit because i'm wondering if i've neutered him too late to stop this
> behavior. he'd even put a barry white record on!
>
> any thoughts or advice??
> thanks for reading.

Lynne
October 4th 06, 04:29 PM
Paul wrote:
> Hi all,
> My male tomcat is almost 1 year old and was neutered last week.
> for a couple of weeks prior to the neutering, he would straddle my arm and
> kick at it with his hind legs - i assumed he was trying to mate with me.
> for some reason, he'd only do it to me, nobody else. made me feel special.
>
> now he's been neutered, last night he did the same thing, which worries me
> a bit because i'm wondering if i've neutered him too late to stop this
> behavior. he'd even put a barry white record on!
>
> any thoughts or advice??
> thanks for reading.

sounds like your cat is trying to disembowel you, not make love to you.

kitkat via CatKB.com
October 4th 06, 08:53 PM
umm - do you know how long your cat was allowed to bond with his mother
before being separated from her?

if kittens are whisked away too soon they can develop weird relationships
with female owners.

my friend had to stop getting dressed around her cat. if he saw her naked he
pounced on her nipples and started sucking them. (I can only image how much
that hurt) . He also did the forbidden dance on her legs and arms. She was
worried he was neutered too early - so I don't know what to say. She said
the behavior never went away - even after he was pretty old.

I'm hoping this isn't the story for you, but I'd do some more reseach on this.

Lynne
October 4th 06, 09:42 PM
um, does it really sound to anyone like the OP's cat is doing anything
more than playing?? If not, then I guess all my cats have been
behaving inappropriately for their entire lives, including my
kitten--from the time he was 4 weeks old (with no significant male
hormones to cause sexual behavior...).

Paul
October 4th 06, 09:58 PM
On Wed, 04 Oct 2006 19:53:09 +0000, kitkat via CatKB.com wrote:

> umm - do you know how long your cat was allowed to bond with his mother
> before being separated from her?

I believe he was 7 or 8 weeks when I got him from the shelter.

> if kittens are whisked away too soon they can develop weird relationships
> with female owners.

i see, but it's strange that he's never tried this with my girlfriend who
usually sleeps next to me.
and it was only very recently that this behavior started, so i'm not sure.

i'm pretty sure he's not just playing though, as he had his "tinkie" on
display once or twice.

i do have a different relationship with him than my girlfriend does
though, as he's often more affectionate with me, and he sleeps next to me
99% of the time.

if it carries on, i'll seek advice from our vet.

thanks all.

Lynne
October 4th 06, 10:08 PM
Paul wrote:

> i'm pretty sure he's not just playing though, as he had his "tinkie" on
> display once or twice.

Oh. That's more than playing! And it certainly explains the Barry
White.

Paul
October 4th 06, 10:34 PM
On Wed, 04 Oct 2006 14:08:40 -0700, Lynne wrote:
>> i'm pretty sure he's not just playing though, as he had his "tinkie" on
>> display once or twice.
>
> Oh. That's more than playing! And it certainly explains the Barry
> White.

Hehehe, i thought that'd help clear things up :)

paul

Buddy's Mom
October 5th 06, 01:35 AM
Lynne - that is exactly what I thought.