PDA

View Full Version : suddenly strange cat

CAZ180
October 5th 06, 07:45 PM
my cat is 9 years old and has suddenly started behaving oddly. He has taken
to sitting for hours on top of the banister, about 2 inches wide.
Unfortunately he keeps falling off, several times a night, but he will just
jump back on. He does the same thing when he is outside, sitting on the fence.
He also shouts a lot more and I am worried he is going senile! Any ideas?

Buddy's Mom
October 5th 06, 08:55 PM
Could be hyperthyroid starting. Take him to the vet for blood tests
and make sure they test the thyroid.
CAZ180 wrote:
> my cat is 9 years old and has suddenly started behaving oddly. He has taken
> to sitting for hours on top of the banister, about 2 inches wide.
> Unfortunately he keeps falling off, several times a night, but he will just
> jump back on. He does the same thing when he is outside, sitting on the fence.
> He also shouts a lot more and I am worried he is going senile! Any ideas?

Rhonda
October 7th 06, 06:42 AM
I would take him to the vet for a checkup. Sometimes when they do
strange things they are trying to tell us something is not right on the
inside...

Rhonda