PDA

View Full Version : Use common sense people !! If the cat sick take it to the vet !!


The Polish-Kraut
October 6th 06, 03:13 PM
Use common sense people !! If cat sick take it to the vet.

If your human child were sick would you go ask a stranger on the street what
to do or post your question in a newsgroup about kids ?!?!?!?

If you can not afford health care for it then maybe it is time to think about
surrendering it to someone who can and will !!



--
************************************************** ***
E-mail address altered to foil spam.
Reply to news groups for all to see please.
************************************************** ***

Mathieu Paquette
October 6th 06, 04:18 PM
If my child is a bit feverish but it doesn't seem bad, yes I'll ask the
people around me, at work, friends, whatever, if they encountered that
situation and how to help relieve it.

Then if they don't, then I'll take him to the doc.

So I fail to see what your point is. The Internet is an online
community, where people ask question to peers who live situations
similar to theirs (in this case, people who have cats that are or have
been sick), and get answer from other people's experience.

By your reasoning, we should keep our experiences to ourselves and not
share it, and we shouldn't try to learn from other people's experience ?
Should I go home tonight, start the stove, and put my hand on it to
experience it firsthand, know it's hot and burn myself, or take the
words of my sister who did it by accident a few years ago and believe
her it's not a good idea ?

The Polish-Kraut wrote:
> Use common sense people !! If cat sick take it to the vet.
>
> If your human child were sick would you go ask a stranger on the street what
> to do or post your question in a newsgroup about kids ?!?!?!?
>
> If you can not afford health care for it then maybe it is time to think about
> surrendering it to someone who can and will !!
>
>
>

tension_on_the_wire
October 6th 06, 04:53 PM
Mathieu Paquette wrote:
> If my child is a bit feverish but it doesn't seem bad, yes I'll ask the
> people around me, at work, friends, whatever, if they encountered that
> situation and how to help relieve it.
>
> Then if they don't, then I'll take him to the doc.
>
> So I fail to see what your point is. The Internet is an online
> community, where people ask question to peers who live situations
> similar to theirs (in this case, people who have cats that are or have
> been sick), and get answer from other people's experience.
>
> By your reasoning, we should keep our experiences to ourselves and not
> share it, and we shouldn't try to learn from other people's experience ?
> Should I go home tonight, start the stove, and put my hand on it to
> experience it firsthand, know it's hot and burn myself, or take the
> words of my sister who did it by accident a few years ago and believe
> her it's not a good idea ?
>
> The Polish-Kraut wrote:
> > Use common sense people !! If cat sick take it to the vet.
> >
> > If your human child were sick would you go ask a stranger on the street what
> > to do or post your question in a newsgroup about kids ?!?!?!?
> >
> > If you can not afford health care for it then maybe it is time to think about
> > surrendering it to someone who can and will !!
> >
> >
> >

I think that the point that is being made is that one should not
delay taking a cat to the vet, in the hopes of getting a
cheaper answer here. Cats, as small animals, are as
vulnerable as human babies, not as resilient as older
children are.

I would certainly hope that if your baby were sick, you
would not waste valuable time posting to a newsgroup
and waiting an average of twelve hours to get a response
and then, finally decide it might be worth a trip to the
Emergency Room. Especially when the only reliable
advice one can give regarding illness on a newsgroup
is to go get it check out at the appropriate facilities.
A diagnosis can never be made without a proper
physical exam.

--tension

Rhonda
October 6th 06, 05:18 PM
I don't take our cats to the vet every little thing. I ask around if I
don't feel the cat's problem is that serious.

Maybe this newsgroup should be renamed?

Rhonda

The Polish-Kraut wrote:
> Use common sense people !! If cat sick take it to the vet.
>
> If your human child were sick would you go ask a stranger on the street what
> to do or post your question in a newsgroup about kids ?!?!?!?
>
> If you can not afford health care for it then maybe it is time to think about
> surrendering it to someone who can and will !!

Matthew
October 6th 06, 05:39 PM
I think the Point is COMMON SENSE is necessary as Polish was pointing out


What about 90% + of the time a poster comes here and ask a medical question.
That person should already have the furball at an emergency vet. Common
sense dictates it

If this was a human child they would have him or her at an emergency room
no matter what the cost or inconvenience of the situation or they would be
calling a doctor and asking questions.

Yes if the situation feels the need to ask than ask. Like My cat has been
laying around and acts like he or she does not feel good. I can understand
asking what do I look for to see if there is a problem. But these posters
don't ask that they tell us My cat has had diarrhea for 5 days now he is
not moving what do I do. I don't have the extra money to take him to the
vet. YOU FIND THE MONEY AND TAKE THE CAT TO THE VET.

Common sense is the key.

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)
October 6th 06, 05:52 PM
The Polish-Kraut wrote:

> Use common sense people !! If cat sick take it to the vet.
>
> If your human child were sick would you go ask a stranger on the street what
> to do or post your question in a newsgroup about kids ?!?!?!?
>
> If you can not afford health care for it then maybe it is time to think about
> surrendering it to someone who can and will !!

How did this creep escape from my kill-file? (rePLONK!)
>
>
>

gracecat
October 6th 06, 05:55 PM
"tension_on_the_wire" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>
> Mathieu Paquette wrote:
>> If my child is a bit feverish but it doesn't seem bad, yes I'll ask the
>> people around me, at work, friends, whatever, if they encountered that
>> situation and how to help relieve it.
>>
>> Then if they don't, then I'll take him to the doc.
>>
>> So I fail to see what your point is. The Internet is an online
>> community, where people ask question to peers who live situations
>> similar to theirs (in this case, people who have cats that are or have
>> been sick), and get answer from other people's experience.
>>
>> By your reasoning, we should keep our experiences to ourselves and not
>> share it, and we shouldn't try to learn from other people's experience ?
>> Should I go home tonight, start the stove, and put my hand on it to
>> experience it firsthand, know it's hot and burn myself, or take the
>> words of my sister who did it by accident a few years ago and believe
>> her it's not a good idea ?
>>
>> The Polish-Kraut wrote:
>> > Use common sense people !! If cat sick take it to the vet.
>> >
>> > If your human child were sick would you go ask a stranger on the street
>> > what
>> > to do or post your question in a newsgroup about kids ?!?!?!?
>> >
>> > If you can not afford health care for it then maybe it is time to think
>> > about
>> > surrendering it to someone who can and will !!
>> >
>> >
>> >
>
> I think that the point that is being made is that one should not
> delay taking a cat to the vet, in the hopes of getting a
> cheaper answer here. Cats, as small animals, are as
> vulnerable as human babies, not as resilient as older
> children are.
>
> I would certainly hope that if your baby were sick, you
> would not waste valuable time posting to a newsgroup
> and waiting an average of twelve hours to get a response
> and then, finally decide it might be worth a trip to the
> Emergency Room. Especially when the only reliable
> advice one can give regarding illness on a newsgroup
> is to go get it check out at the appropriate facilities.
> A diagnosis can never be made without a proper
> physical exam.
>
> --tension
>

There is that, and there is a sense of been there done that. I recall a
couple times that a stomach virus would go around in my child's daycare.
Several of the mothers would let others know. There was nothing that the
doctor could do other than prescribe rest and fluids. Sometimes if judging
from experience I knew she wasn't close to being dehydrated, despite what it
appeared, I'd save her the trip of getting out and driving across town. And
start treatment on my own... keeping a close eye on her of course in case
she did start showing signs of being dehydrated.

It wasn't a newsgroup, but child care grapevine does much in the same way.

I agree though, severe unusual symptoms deserve a vet.

Grace
who has a vet tale now that she thinks about it.

Rhonda
October 6th 06, 08:01 PM
Matthew wrote:
> I think the Point is COMMON SENSE is necessary as Polish was pointing out
>
> What about 90% + of the time a poster comes here and ask a medical question.
> That person should already have the furball at an emergency vet. Common
> sense dictates it

Yes, but I felt like FRUSTRATION was more his point than common sense.

The people that come on here and have cats with symptoms serious enough
that the cat should be at the vet -- not at home while the owner types
out a question on the newsgroup, are usually new people to the
newsgroup, probably one-time posters.

Yelling at the regular readers on the group (or groups,) to me is silly.
Next week there will be another person posting about their cat's serious
symptoms, and that person was not reading this week.

I think Polish's post only served as a release of frustration.

Rhonda

Outsider
October 6th 06, 10:23 PM
"Matthew" > wrote in
:


>
> If this was a human child they would have him or her at an emergency
> room no matter what the cost or inconvenience of the situation or they
> would be calling a doctor and asking questions.
>

One would HOPE so but I am not always so sure.

Matthew
October 7th 06, 05:10 AM
"Outsider" > wrote in message
. ..
> "Matthew" > wrote in
> :
>
>
>>
>> If this was a human child they would have him or her at an emergency
>> room no matter what the cost or inconvenience of the situation or they
>> would be calling a doctor and asking questions.
>>
>
> One would HOPE so but I am not always so sure.
>
You are right I should have said if they loved or cared truly for the child.
We do live in a sick world I keep hoping it will change

Dewi
October 7th 06, 02:25 PM
I use Google Groups and I don't think it has a kill-file :(
Dewi.

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:
>
> How did this creep escape from my kill-file? (rePLONK!)
>
>
>

Adrian A
October 7th 06, 03:13 PM
Dewi wrote:
> I use Google Groups and I don't think it has a kill-file :(
> Dewi.

A good reason to explore the alternatives if Google doesn't suit you.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.
http://community.webshots.com/user/clowderuk

jmcquown
October 7th 06, 08:33 PM
Adrian A wrote:
> Dewi wrote:
>> I use Google Groups and I don't think it has a kill-file :(
>> Dewi.
>
> A good reason to explore the alternatives if Google doesn't suit you.

Or a good reason to just delete the cross-posted ng's before you hit Send,
if in fact you feel you absolutely HAVE to reply to this sort of drivel.

Jill

Charlie Wilkes
October 7th 06, 10:21 PM
On Sat, 7 Oct 2006 14:33:17 -0500, "jmcquown" >
wrote:

>Adrian A wrote:
>> Dewi wrote:
>>> I use Google Groups and I don't think it has a kill-file :(
>>> Dewi.
>>
>> A good reason to explore the alternatives if Google doesn't suit you.
>
>Or a good reason to just delete the cross-posted ng's before you hit Send,
>if in fact you feel you absolutely HAVE to reply to this sort of drivel.
>
>Jill
>
So why didn't you follow your own advice?

Charlie

cybercat
October 7th 06, 10:33 PM
"Charlie Wilkes" > wrote in message
...
> On Sat, 7 Oct 2006 14:33:17 -0500, "jmcquown" >
> wrote:
>
>>Adrian A wrote:
>>> Dewi wrote:
>>>> I use Google Groups and I don't think it has a kill-file :(
>>>> Dewi.
>>>
>>> A good reason to explore the alternatives if Google doesn't suit you.
>>
>>Or a good reason to just delete the cross-posted ng's before you hit Send,
>>if in fact you feel you absolutely HAVE to reply to this sort of drivel.
>>
>>Jill
>>
> So why didn't you follow your own advice?
>

Because she is Jill.



--
Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com