PDA

View Full Version : polycystic kidney disease - just diagnosted - info?

kitkat via CatKB.com
October 8th 06, 12:04 AM
My cat was just diagnosted with PKD yesterday. He was a stray and he doesn't
look persian but I guess he must be because the vet told me persians are the
only ones that get this disease for the most part.

Could you tell me more about this disease and what I can expect in the future?
The vet said this would affect my cat's life span - but by how much? what
can I expect for treatment?

Is my little guy in pain?

Gail
October 8th 06, 12:07 AM
go to www.google.com. Write in polycystic kidney disease +cat and you will
get a wealth of information.
Gail
"kitkat via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> My cat was just diagnosted with PKD yesterday. He was a stray and he
> doesn't
> look persian but I guess he must be because the vet told me persians are
> the
> only ones that get this disease for the most part.
>
> Could you tell me more about this disease and what I can expect in the
> future?
> The vet said this would affect my cat's life span - but by how much? what
> can I expect for treatment?
>
> Is my little guy in pain?

kitkat via CatKB.com
October 8th 06, 07:21 PM
thanks so much for the idea - I did look online but all it really tell me is
not to breed my cat (he's neutered anyway) and that the condition has "no
treatment".

what I'm more interested in is what "success stories" owers have had delaying
the progression of the disease. I know my guy is ultimately going to die
from this, but I don't want him to suffer and I'm hoping an owner may be able
to confirm that their kitty wasn't in pain - and tell me how often he/she had
to drain the cysts so I have an idea of what I'm in store for.