PDA

View Full Version : Upper Respiratory Infection-How to treat?

John Ross Mc Master
October 9th 06, 03:50 AM
I have 3 foster kittens with URI. The HUmane Society is almost broke.
They gave me a lysine sopplement called Viralis to give to them once a
day.
Can anyone think of anything else i can do for them? There is no $ for
vets. Is there a diet or room temperature that would help?
As a stopgap measure I'm giving them the best food in the house.

Matthew
October 9th 06, 03:52 AM
John send Phil a email http://www.maxshouse.com/Database_toc.htm
He should be able to help If not I am sure L or someone has some experience
in this

"John Ross Mc Master" > wrote in message
>I have 3 foster kittens with URI. The HUmane Society is almost broke.
> They gave me a lysine sopplement called Viralis to give to them once a
> day.
> Can anyone think of anything else i can do for them? There is no $ for
> vets. Is there a diet or room temperature that would help?
> As a stopgap measure I'm giving them the best food in the house.

Wendy
October 9th 06, 11:43 AM
Keep them warm and keep the humidity up. A steamed up bathroom works.

Clean off any boogers and eye goop with a warm wet washcloth. Keep their
faces as clean as possible. The boogers can irritate the skin and obviously
block the nose. If they can't smell they won't eat. Sometimes just keeping
the eyes wiped and cleaning up the goop is enough to avoid an eye infection
but if they develop conjunctivitis, see if you can get some terramycin
ointment and apply that twice a day.

Just keep them eating. If you have to, warm up some stinky, canned food to
get their interest.

Good luck with your kitties.