PDA

View Full Version : Clavamox

MoMo via CatKB.com
October 10th 06, 12:03 AM
Hi everyone. So my cat had a blockage over the weekend and luckily the
emergency vet caught it in time. I just got back from my regular vet where
they gave me Clavamox and S/D Diet food for him. Now, I gave him his squirt
of medication and I then noticed on the box that it says to mix with 14 mls
of water and shake. I did not do this. My question is, was this already
done at the vet's office being that it was given to me in liquid form and I
see a mention of powder on the box? Kind of getting nervous over here as I
just read the side effects of this medicine (difficulty breathing.....) and I
am hoping I did not give him too strong a dose. My vet's office is already
closed. Please give me some advice. Thanks everyone!

Snittens
October 10th 06, 12:39 AM
"MoMo via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> Hi everyone. So my cat had a blockage over the weekend and luckily the
> emergency vet caught it in time. I just got back from my regular vet
> where
> they gave me Clavamox and S/D Diet food for him. Now, I gave him his
> squirt
> of medication and I then noticed on the box that it says to mix with 14
> mls
> of water and shake. I did not do this. My question is, was this already
> done at the vet's office being that it was given to me in liquid form and
> see a mention of powder on the box? Kind of getting nervous over here as
> just read the side effects of this medicine (difficulty breathing.....)
> and I
> am hoping I did not give him too strong a dose. My vet's office is
> already
> closed. Please give me some advice. Thanks everyone!

They mixed it for you. It comes in a powder.

-Kelly

MoMo via CatKB.com
October 10th 06, 02:54 AM
Thank you Kelly!!