PDA

View Full Version : first time having a cat with fleas, help!

ashey11
October 10th 06, 02:45 AM
Me and my boyfriend just got a new kitten and within the first five
minutes of seeing him i knew he had fleas. we bathed him in baby
shampoo and i comed him with a flea comb probibly like fifteen times
and i brought him to the vet the next day and she applied revolution(a
topical flea med)right in between his shoulder blades. so basically the
cat was in my house less than twenty four hours before he was treated
and i want to know how worried i should be about getting another out
break on the cat. I also vacumed and applied a flea powder to the areas
he was in mostley. I know im oerreacting a little but im completeley
freaked out i just want someone to let me know their first hand
expierence with revolution or any advice! it would be greatley
apprieciated thanks

Gail
October 10th 06, 02:49 AM
I use Frontline, which is great, but the kitten must be a certain age to use
it. I think it is 6 weeks. Please check the package before you use the
product.
Gail
"ashey11" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Me and my boyfriend just got a new kitten and within the first five
> minutes of seeing him i knew he had fleas. we bathed him in baby
> shampoo and i comed him with a flea comb probibly like fifteen times
> and i brought him to the vet the next day and she applied revolution(a
> topical flea med)right in between his shoulder blades. so basically the
> cat was in my house less than twenty four hours before he was treated
> and i want to know how worried i should be about getting another out
> break on the cat. I also vacumed and applied a flea powder to the areas
> he was in mostley. I know im oerreacting a little but im completeley
> freaked out i just want someone to let me know their first hand
> expierence with revolution or any advice! it would be greatley
> apprieciated thanks

Gail Futoran
October 10th 06, 03:13 PM
"ashey11" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Me and my boyfriend just got a new kitten and within the first five
> minutes of seeing him i knew he had fleas. we bathed him in baby
> shampoo and i comed him with a flea comb probibly like fifteen times
> and i brought him to the vet the next day and she applied revolution(a
> topical flea med)right in between his shoulder blades. so basically the
> cat was in my house less than twenty four hours before he was treated
> and i want to know how worried i should be about getting another out
> break on the cat. I also vacumed and applied a flea powder to the areas
> he was in mostley. I know im oerreacting a little but im completeley
> freaked out i just want someone to let me know their first hand
> expierence with revolution or any advice! it would be greatley
> apprieciated thanks

I've used Revolution on kittens and cats with no problems. It's expensive,
but I like the protection it gives. As another poster mentioned, be sure to
get the Revolution for kittens.

You can go to Revolution's site to get information on the product:
http://www.revolutionpet.com/default.html

Gail F.
Lao Ma, Ephiny, Minya, Melosa, Jasper, Jasmine