PDA

View Full Version : another update on Levi

Lynne
October 11th 06, 04:00 PM
Levi ("the kitten who ate the latex nipple" and "the kitten who might
have FHV") saw the vet today. The vet agrees that Levi has herpes. He
didn't think it was a big deal and said L-Lysine will help "if I want
to do that." I'm not entirely thrilled with this vet and am going to
switch (lots of reasons for that). Otherwise, Levi is fine. His eyes
look good, he was 2.8 lbs (!!), and tested negative for FIV. He
handled his blood test and boosters just fine, and we went shopping for
wet food which I will start giving him tonight. Right now he is
suckling on my lip and purring like crazy.

In other news, I got my boys a giant cat tower with various shelves and
hideaways and scratching posts. It was not terribly expensive, and I
don't see it lasting, but while they have it I can already see they
will enjoy the heck out of it! Levi was the first to the top, his fat
brother doesn't seem to trust the stability. <g>

Levi just fell asleep in my lap. Ain't love grand?

cybercat
October 11th 06, 07:00 PM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> Levi ("the kitten who ate the latex nipple" and "the kitten who might
> have FHV") saw the vet today. The vet agrees that Levi has herpes. He
> didn't think it was a big deal and said L-Lysine will help "if I want
> to do that." I'm not entirely thrilled with this vet and am going to
> switch (lots of reasons for that).

I think this is wise. L-lysine will help, and your kitty needs it, as the
herpes
virus stays in his system and outbreaks can lead to bactierial infections
etc.
I found this good link:

http://www.thepetprofessor.com/articles/article.aspx?id=359

>Otherwise, Levi is fine. His eyes
> look good, he was 2.8 lbs (!!), and tested negative for FIV. He
> handled his blood test and boosters just fine, and we went shopping for
> wet food which I will start giving him tonight. Right now he is
> suckling on my lip and purring like crazy.

This is just cute beyond belief!

> In other news, I got my boys a giant cat tower with various shelves and
> hideaways and scratching posts. It was not terribly expensive, and I
> don't see it lasting, but while they have it I can already see they
> will enjoy the heck out of it! Levi was the first to the top, his fat
> brother doesn't seem to trust the stability. <g>
>
> Levi just fell asleep in my lap. Ain't love grand?

You bet. I would say you and your kitties are all lucky!
MORE PICS! :D

meeee
October 11th 06, 10:12 PM
Awwww good on you, and all the best for you and your new friend....looking
forward to hearing lots of stories!!

"Lynne" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> Levi ("the kitten who ate the latex nipple" and "the kitten who might
> have FHV") saw the vet today. The vet agrees that Levi has herpes. He
> didn't think it was a big deal and said L-Lysine will help "if I want
> to do that." I'm not entirely thrilled with this vet and am going to
> switch (lots of reasons for that). Otherwise, Levi is fine. His eyes
> look good, he was 2.8 lbs (!!), and tested negative for FIV. He
> handled his blood test and boosters just fine, and we went shopping for
> wet food which I will start giving him tonight. Right now he is
> suckling on my lip and purring like crazy.
>
> In other news, I got my boys a giant cat tower with various shelves and
> hideaways and scratching posts. It was not terribly expensive, and I
> don't see it lasting, but while they have it I can already see they
> will enjoy the heck out of it! Levi was the first to the top, his fat
> brother doesn't seem to trust the stability. <g>
>
> Levi just fell asleep in my lap. Ain't love grand?

RobZip
October 12th 06, 01:05 AM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
ps.com...
>The vet agrees that Levi has herpes. He
> didn't think it was a big deal and said L-Lysine will help "if I want
> to do that."

Just curious, is the vet proposing the Lysine as an ongoing treatment or as
a treatment while having an active outbreak only?

Lynne
October 12th 06, 02:31 AM
RobZip wrote:
> "Lynne" > wrote in message
> ps.com...
> >The vet agrees that Levi has herpes. He
> > didn't think it was a big deal and said L-Lysine will help "if I want
> > to do that."
>
> Just curious, is the vet proposing the Lysine as an ongoing treatment or as
> a treatment while having an active outbreak only?

Actually, the vet didn't propose it. He just said it would be okay if
I want to give it to him. I'm not sure he believes it will help. He
didn't seem interested.

As I understand it, Lysine will help suppress the virus and (hopefully)
prevent outbreaks, so I will be giving it to him on an ongoing basis.

Rhonda
October 13th 06, 04:30 PM
He sounds so adorable! I'm glad he's doing so well.

Rhonda