PDA

View Full Version : Why is she biting after being petted ?

desgnr
October 11th 06, 06:24 PM
Why does my 7 month female spayed kitten bite ?
You can pet her for a while,then she turns around & bites,then leaves.

cybercat
October 11th 06, 06:56 PM
"desgnr" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Why does my 7 month female spayed kitten bite ?
> You can pet her for a while,then she turns around & bites,then leaves.

She gets overstimulated. After a while, you will know from her attitude when
to stop.

Eva Quesnell
October 11th 06, 07:47 PM
On Wed, 11 Oct 2006, cybercat wrote:

> "desgnr" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> Why does my 7 month female spayed kitten bite ?
>> You can pet her for a while,then she turns around & bites,then leaves.
>
> She gets overstimulated. After a while, you will know from her attitude when
> to stop.

That's just what I was going to say. :) Some cats can be stroked for
hours and never get this way, but lots of them will get too excited by the
petting. When she starts to swish her tail, it's a signal that she is
starting to be unhappy.

Eva

silvercelt
October 11th 06, 08:57 PM
Yeah, she just showing you she has had enough.

Eva Quesnell wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Oct 2006, cybercat wrote:
>

> > "desgnr" > wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> >> Why does my 7 month female spayed kitten bite ?
> >> You can pet her for a while,then she turns around & bites,then leaves.
> >
> > She gets overstimulated. After a while, you will know from her attitude when
> > to stop.
>
> That's just what I was going to say. :) Some cats can be stroked for
> hours and never get this way, but lots of them will get too excited by the
> petting. When she starts to swish her tail, it's a signal that she is
> starting to be unhappy.
>
> Eva

Edna Pearl
October 12th 06, 12:49 AM
Generally, if one of my cats' tail starts to twitch and/or the pupils start
to dilate, I know s/he's getting overstimulated and may bite and/or scurry
away soon. If I just stop, s/he'll stay.

ep ooooooof

"silvercelt" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Yeah, she just showing you she has had enough.
>
> Eva Quesnell wrote:
>> On Wed, 11 Oct 2006, cybercat wrote:
>>

>> > "desgnr" > wrote in message
>> > news:[email protected]
>> >
>> > She gets overstimulated. After a while, you will know from her attitude
>> > when
>> > to stop.
>>
>> That's just what I was going to say. :) Some cats can be stroked for
>> hours and never get this way, but lots of them will get too excited by
>> the
>> petting. When she starts to swish her tail, it's a signal that she is
>> starting to be unhappy.
>>
>> Eva

Lynne
October 12th 06, 12:55 AM
this is one of those funny things about cats. And they are all
different. You have to learn to read each one, and it takes time.

I used to have a very large neutered male cat who would attack me
(think: chunks of flesh missing) if I walked by him and didn't pet him
when he wanted me to. Or if I pet him when he didn't want me to. Or
if I pet him too long, not long enough... hehe. He was mean, but not
always, and I loved him.

Edna Pearl
October 12th 06, 04:43 PM
Yeah, one of my cats sometimes bites me when I STOP petting her.

The rules change every day with these guys.

ep ooooooof

oups.com...