PDA

View Full Version : quality wet foods

Lynne
October 11th 06, 09:00 PM
I see quite a few people posting about feeding their cats Fancy Feast.
Is this a quality food? I was always under the impression that Purina
wasn't the best, however if I can pay $.40 a can as opposed to $.68 a
bag (for Nutro wet), that'd be a plus!

cybercat
October 11th 06, 09:27 PM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>I see quite a few people posting about feeding their cats Fancy Feast.
> Is this a quality food? I was always under the impression that Purina
> wasn't the best, however if I can pay $.40 a can as opposed to $.68 a
> bag (for Nutro wet), that'd be a plus!

Yes, Fancy Feast is a quality food, some flavors more than others.

I like to feed my cats the flavors that have real beef, liver, chicken,
turkey or fish as a FIRST ingredient, and those that have no wheat
gluten or other grains.

Read the labels and you will see that some have grains and some do
not, some have "meat byproducts" as a first ingredient and some beef,
liver, chicken, fish, or turkey."

Tender Beef Feast and Gourmet Chicken Feast (brown can
and reddish-pink can) are two with meat as a first ingredient.

Some have beef or chicken broth as a first ingredient and meat
or chicken as a second. My cats love Liver and Chicken Feast
and Tender Beef and Chicken Feast. (They only like ground,
so those are the varieties I use. There are others. Just read
the labels, you'll see!)

Lynne
October 12th 06, 12:35 AM
cybercat wrote:
> "Lynne" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> >I see quite a few people posting about feeding their cats Fancy Feast.
> > Is this a quality food? I was always under the impression that Purina
> > wasn't the best, however if I can pay $.40 a can as opposed to $.68 a
> > bag (for Nutro wet), that'd be a plus!
> >

> Yes, Fancy Feast is a quality food, some flavors more than others.
>
> I like to feed my cats the flavors that have real beef, liver, chicken,
> turkey or fish as a FIRST ingredient, and those that have no wheat
> gluten or other grains.
>
> Read the labels and you will see that some have grains and some do
> not, some have "meat byproducts" as a first ingredient and some beef,
> liver, chicken, fish, or turkey."
>
> Tender Beef Feast and Gourmet Chicken Feast (brown can
> and reddish-pink can) are two with meat as a first ingredient.
>
> Some have beef or chicken broth as a first ingredient and meat
> or chicken as a second. My cats love Liver and Chicken Feast
> and Tender Beef and Chicken Feast. (They only like ground,
> so those are the varieties I use. There are others. Just read
> the labels, you'll see!)

Boy, I need better glasses or something! Those labels are tough to
read!! Thanks for the tips, I will just have to find a young stud to
read the labels to me when I go back.<g>

Rudy and Levi got their first tastes of wet food tonight (Nutro chicken
and liver kitten and chicken and liver weight management). They LOVED
it. I've never seen Levi eat so much at one time!

mlbriggs
October 12th 06, 05:13 PM
On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 16:35:24 -0700, Lynne wrote:

> cybercat wrote:
>> "Lynne" > wrote in message
>> ups.com...
>> >I see quite a few people posting about feeding their cats Fancy Feast.
>> > Is this a quality food? I was always under the impression that Purina
>> > wasn't the best, however if I can pay $.40 a can as opposed to $.68 a
>> > bag (for Nutro wet), that'd be a plus!
>> >

>> Yes, Fancy Feast is a quality food, some flavors more than others.
>>
>> I like to feed my cats the flavors that have real beef, liver, chicken,
>> turkey or fish as a FIRST ingredient, and those that have no wheat
>> gluten or other grains.
>>
>> Read the labels and you will see that some have grains and some do
>> not, some have "meat byproducts" as a first ingredient and some beef,
>> liver, chicken, fish, or turkey."
>>
>> Tender Beef Feast and Gourmet Chicken Feast (brown can
>> and reddish-pink can) are two with meat as a first ingredient.
>>
>> Some have beef or chicken broth as a first ingredient and meat
>> or chicken as a second. My cats love Liver and Chicken Feast
>> and Tender Beef and Chicken Feast. (They only like ground,
>> so those are the varieties I use. There are others. Just read
>> the labels, you'll see!)
>
> Boy, I need better glasses or something! Those labels are tough to
> read!! Thanks for the tips, I will just have to find a young stud to
> read the labels to me when I go back.<g>
>
> Rudy and Levi got their first tastes of wet food tonight (Nutro chicken
> and liver kitten and chicken and liver weight management). They LOVED
> it. I've never seen Levi eat so much at one time!

Yes, the labels are really hard to read. I carry a small magnifier but
still cannot read the labels. MLB

cybercat
October 12th 06, 05:27 PM
"Lynne" > wrote

> Boy, I need better glasses or something! Those labels are tough to
> read!! Thanks for the tips, I will just have to find a young stud to
> read the labels to me when I go back.<g>

Check out the cheapie "readers" they sell in Walmart and Target.

They come in strengths of 1, 1.25, 2, 2.5, etc. The really good ones
are $8 but there are usually dollar sales on them too!

> Rudy and Levi got their first tastes of wet food tonight (Nutro chicken
> and liver kitten and chicken and liver weight management). They LOVED
> it. I've never seen Levi eat so much at one time!

That's another thing about wet food, it is really gratifying to see them
enjoy it so much, isn't it?

You will see their coats get shinier and eyes get brighter too.

krazy
October 12th 06, 05:48 PM

>> Boy, I need better glasses or something! Those labels are tough to
>> read!! Thanks for the tips, I will just have to find a young stud to
>> read the labels to me when I go back.<g>
>
>Check out the cheapie "readers" they sell in Walmart and Target.
>
>They come in strengths of 1, 1.25, 2, 2.5, etc. The really good ones
>are $8 but there are usually dollar sales on them too!
>

>> Rudy and Levi got their first tastes of wet food tonight (Nutro chicken
>> and liver kitten and chicken and liver weight management). They LOVED
>> it. I've never seen Levi eat so much at one time!
>>

>That's another thing about wet food, it is really gratifying to see them
>enjoy it so much, isn't it?
>
>You will see their coats get shinier and eyes get brighter too.

Plus they get a lot of the moisture they need from it also.