PDA

View Full Version : patch of fur missing

meeee
October 11th 06, 10:21 PM
One of the boys has started having a bald patch at the base of his tail
(top); it started gradually and is not lumpy looking but is irritated. As
none of the other cats have this, I am hoping it's not infectious, but in a
way that's worse as I'm not sure what to do. I am guessing stress or
allergy, more likely stress. He's not particularly neurotic, he seems quite
calm normally, and I haven't seen him being obviously bullied by anyone,he
seems quite a happy little chap generally. Any ideas or experience? Ways to
help him destress, and stop nibbling it until it heals? None of them have
fleas, and the area isn't red but rather dirty-looking. It is a definite
patch, that hasn't enlarged but rather gradually lost fur.

naked on the phone
October 12th 06, 12:37 AM
meeee wrote:
> One of the boys has started having a bald patch at the base of his tail
...> patch, that hasn't enlarged but rather gradually lost fur.

my first thought after you say it looks rather dirty...
maybe he's found a warm spot to take naps..
this sounds silly, but for example, maybe a hot water pipe at the base
of the radiator.
maybe he's backing up to that.

another dude on here proved that over a period of time cats can lose
hair in areas that are artificially heated

so how is he getting it dirty? you think just general living and
banging around, and the hot-spot is from something else?

have you wiped it with a mild disenfectant?

Lynne
October 12th 06, 12:37 AM
meeee wrote:
> One of the boys has started having a bald patch at the base of his tail
> (top); it started gradually and is not lumpy looking but is irritated. As
> none of the other cats have this, I am hoping it's not infectious, but in a
> way that's worse as I'm not sure what to do. I am guessing stress or
> allergy, more likely stress. He's not particularly neurotic, he seems quite
> calm normally, and I haven't seen him being obviously bullied by anyone,he
> seems quite a happy little chap generally. Any ideas or experience? Ways to
> help him destress, and stop nibbling it until it heals? None of them have
> fleas, and the area isn't red but rather dirty-looking. It is a definite
> patch, that hasn't enlarged but rather gradually lost fur.

I don't have any experience with anything like this, but I think this
would warrant a trip to the vet. It could be allergies (are they flea
free?), or perhaps a fungal infection. You may need to put an
Elizabethan Collar on him until it heals, but definitely take him to
the vet in case it won't heal on its own. Good luck!

naked on the phone
October 12th 06, 12:40 AM
meeee wrote:
> One of the boys has started having a bald patch at the base of his tail
...> patch, that hasn't enlarged but rather gradually lost fur.

my first thought after you say it looks rather dirty...
maybe he's found a warm spot to take naps..
this sounds silly, but for example, maybe a hot water pipe at the base
of the radiator.
maybe he's backing up to that.

another dude on here proved that over a period of time cats can lose
hair in areas that are artificially heated

so how is he getting it dirty? you think just general living and
banging around, and the hot-spot is from something else?

have you wiped it with a mild disenfectant?

naked on the phone
October 12th 06, 12:42 AM
meeee wrote:
> One of the boys has started having a bald patch at the base of his tail
...> patch, that hasn't enlarged but rather gradually lost fur.

my first thought after you say it looks rather dirty...
maybe he's found a warm spot to take naps..
this sounds silly, but for example, maybe a hot water pipe at the base
of the radiator.
maybe he's backing up to that.

another dude on here proved that over a period of time cats can lose
hair in areas that are artificially heated

so how is he getting it dirty? you think just general living and
banging around, and the hot-spot is from something else?

have you wiped it with a mild disenfectant?

guynoir
October 12th 06, 04:32 AM
meeee wrote:
> One of the boys has started having a bald patch at the base of his tail
> (top); it started gradually and is not lumpy looking but is irritated. As
> none of the other cats have this, I am hoping it's not infectious, but in a
> way that's worse as I'm not sure what to do. I am guessing stress or
> allergy, more likely stress. He's not particularly neurotic, he seems quite
> calm normally, and I haven't seen him being obviously bullied by anyone,he
> seems quite a happy little chap generally. Any ideas or experience? Ways to
> help him destress, and stop nibbling it until it heals? None of them have
> fleas, and the area isn't red but rather dirty-looking. It is a definite
> patch, that hasn't enlarged but rather gradually lost fur.

Might be "stud tail", a form of feline acne.
http://www.penmarric.ns.ca/catcare/common/s-tail.htm

John Kimmel

meeee
October 13th 06, 12:58 AM
"naked on the phone" > wrote in message
ps.com...

> meeee wrote:
>> One of the boys has started having a bald patch at the base of his tail
> ..> patch, that hasn't enlarged but rather gradually lost fur.
>
> my first thought after you say it looks rather dirty...
> maybe he's found a warm spot to take naps..
> this sounds silly, but for example, maybe a hot water pipe at the base
> of the radiator.
> maybe he's backing up to that.
>
> another dude on here proved that over a period of time cats can lose
> hair in areas that are artificially heated
>
> so how is he getting it dirty? you think just general living and
> banging around, and the hot-spot is from something else?
>
> have you wiped it with a mild disenfectant?

Yep. pawpaw. And you may have solved the problem!!This little guy likes to
spend time under my fridge, it's an older style one, but must be warm, and
as it's a very 'square' looking patch, he might be putting his bum up
against a pipe or something. Thanks for that!! I'm off to block off the
fridge!

meeee
October 13th 06, 01:00 AM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> meeee wrote:
>> One of the boys has started having a bald patch at the base of his tail
>> (top); it started gradually and is not lumpy looking but is irritated. As
>> none of the other cats have this, I am hoping it's not infectious, but in
>> way that's worse as I'm not sure what to do. I am guessing stress or
>> allergy, more likely stress. He's not particularly neurotic, he seems
>> quite
>> calm normally, and I haven't seen him being obviously bullied by
>> anyone,he
>> seems quite a happy little chap generally. Any ideas or experience? Ways
>> help him destress, and stop nibbling it until it heals? None of them have
>> fleas, and the area isn't red but rather dirty-looking. It is a definite
>> patch, that hasn't enlarged but rather gradually lost fur.
>
> I don't have any experience with anything like this, but I think this
> would warrant a trip to the vet. It could be allergies (are they flea
> free?), or perhaps a fungal infection. You may need to put an
> Elizabethan Collar on him until it heals, but definitely take him to
> the vet in case it won't heal on its own. Good luck!

Yes they are flea free, I have flea allergies with the others and it's
nothing like that. It doesn't look fungal either, that's why I'm confused. I
think we might have solved it (see previous post) so here's hoping.It
doesn't look irritated, and he doesn't chew it, so the heater idea sounds
plausible.I might give him a bath in ti tree today to make sure.

meeee
October 13th 06, 01:03 AM
"guynoir" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> meeee wrote:
>> One of the boys has started having a bald patch at the base of his tail
>> (top); it started gradually and is not lumpy looking but is irritated. As
>> none of the other cats have this, I am hoping it's not infectious, but in
>> way that's worse as I'm not sure what to do. I am guessing stress or
>> allergy, more likely stress. He's not particularly neurotic, he seems
>> quite
>> calm normally, and I haven't seen him being obviously bullied by
>> anyone,he
>> seems quite a happy little chap generally. Any ideas or experience? Ways
>> help him destress, and stop nibbling it until it heals? None of them have
>> fleas, and the area isn't red but rather dirty-looking. It is a definite
>> patch, that hasn't enlarged but rather gradually lost fur.
>
> Might be "stud tail", a form of feline acne.
> http://www.penmarric.ns.ca/catcare/common/s-tail.htm
>
> John Kimmel

Thankyou!! That looks like it...very similar and it's in exactly the right
spot...the patch is very defined, and in that specific area. If so, then the
ti-tree in a bath would help, as ti tree is used in human acne treatment. He
is also a variant (long/short hair cross). Thanks heaps, now I have two
things to try!!

naked on the phone
October 13th 06, 03:33 AM
meeee wrote:

> Yep. pawpaw. And you may have solved the problem!!This little guy likes to
> spend time under my fridge, it's an older style one, but must be warm, and
> as it's a very 'square' looking patch, he might be putting his bum up
> against a pipe or something. Thanks for that!! I'm off to block off the
> fridge!

dang, i must have hit the send button 3 times or something, I didn't
mean to do that

i figure pawpaw is some sort of disenfectant, we don't have "pawpaw"
here in the US
... we might! just never heard of it.

we use bisquick and coke-cola to cure most things
and windex

yeah, the dirt is what makes me think it had to do with a heat source
if it was a fungus or something, he'd prolly be licking it and it
wouldn't be dirty at least

hope that's all it was, guess we'll find out

meeee
October 13th 06, 08:42 AM
"naked on the phone" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> meeee wrote:
>
>> Yep. pawpaw. And you may have solved the problem!!This little guy likes
>> spend time under my fridge, it's an older style one, but must be warm,
>> and
>> as it's a very 'square' looking patch, he might be putting his bum up
>> against a pipe or something. Thanks for that!! I'm off to block off the
>> fridge!
>
> dang, i must have hit the send button 3 times or something, I didn't
> mean to do that

lol and there i was getting all excited thinking people had replied to me!

> i figure pawpaw is some sort of disenfectant, we don't have "pawpaw"
> here in the US
> .. we might! just never heard of it.

Sorry, being obscure again. Pawpaw cream is made of smooshed up pawpaw in
some kind of cream-type-stuff (how descriptive, i know) and works to pull
splinters, draw boils, heal, and prevent infection.

> we use bisquick and coke-cola to cure most things
> and windex

Lol seen 'The Castle'?? sorry, aussie film....

> yeah, the dirt is what makes me think it had to do with a heat source
> if it was a fungus or something, he'd prolly be licking it and it
> wouldn't be dirty at least
>
> hope that's all it was, guess we'll find out

Yeah, that's why it sounds plausible. The 'stud tail' hypothesis sounds
similar too, so I'll treat for both and see how we go. Thanks, advice much
appreciated!

William Hamblen
October 13th 06, 06:23 PM
On 12 Oct 2006 19:33:11 -0700, "naked on the phone"
> wrote:

>i figure pawpaw is some sort of disenfectant, we don't have "pawpaw"
>here in the US
>.. we might! just never heard of it.

Pawpaws are native to America.

Where, oh where is pretty little Susie?
Where, oh where is pretty little Susie?
Where, oh where is pretty little Susie?
Way down yonder in the paw-paw patch.

Come on, boys [or girls, or kids], let's go find her,
Come on, boys, let's go find her,
Come on, boys, let's go find her,
Way down yonder in the paw-paw patch.

Pickin' up paw-paws, puttin' 'em in her pockets,
Pickin' up paw-paws, puttin' 'em in her pockets,
Pickin' up paw-paws, puttin' 'em in her pockets,
Way down yonder in the paw-paw patch.

Bud
--
The night is just the shadow of the Earth.

meeee
October 13th 06, 10:43 PM
LMAO!!! Great song!
"William Hamblen" > wrote in message
> On 12 Oct 2006 19:33:11 -0700, "naked on the phone"
> > wrote:
>
>>i figure pawpaw is some sort of disenfectant, we don't have "pawpaw"
>>here in the US
>>.. we might! just never heard of it.
>
> Pawpaws are native to America.
>
> Where, oh where is pretty little Susie?
> Where, oh where is pretty little Susie?
> Where, oh where is pretty little Susie?
> Way down yonder in the paw-paw patch.
>
> Come on, boys [or girls, or kids], let's go find her,
> Come on, boys, let's go find her,
> Come on, boys, let's go find her,
> Way down yonder in the paw-paw patch.
>
> Pickin' up paw-paws, puttin' 'em in her pockets,
> Pickin' up paw-paws, puttin' 'em in her pockets,
> Pickin' up paw-paws, puttin' 'em in her pockets,
> Way down yonder in the paw-paw patch.
>
> Bud
> --
> The night is just the shadow of the Earth.

Rene S.
October 13th 06, 10:57 PM
> Thankyou!! That looks like it...very similar and it's in exactly the right
> spot...the patch is very defined, and in that specific area. If so, then the
> ti-tree in a bath would help, as ti tree is used in human acne treatment. He
> is also a variant (long/short hair cross). Thanks heaps, now I have two
> things to try!!

STOP! Do NOT do this! Tea tree oil is TOXIC to cats! Read this:

http://www.tea-tree-oil-use.com/pets.htm

meeee
October 13th 06, 11:18 PM
"Rene S." > wrote in message
ups.com...

>> Thankyou!! That looks like it...very similar and it's in exactly the
>> right
>> spot...the patch is very defined, and in that specific area. If so, then
>> the
>> ti-tree in a bath would help, as ti tree is used in human acne treatment.
>> He
>> is also a variant (long/short hair cross). Thanks heaps, now I have two
>> things to try!!
>
> STOP! Do NOT do this! Tea tree oil is TOXIC to cats! Read this:
>
> http://www.tea-tree-oil-use.com/pets.htm

Whoa!!! Lucky I am a procrastinator!! I was going to whack a few drops in
the bathwater!! Thanks for informing me, I wasn't aware of that.

cybercat
October 14th 06, 12:28 AM
"meeee" > wrote>

>Thanks for informing me, I wasn't aware of that.

Please, before you apply/feed anything to your cat, check it
out first online or at your vet. They are so close to use, it is easy
to forget we are talking about a different species here.

I believe I heard that aspirin is harmful for cats, too.

Matthew
October 14th 06, 12:33 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "meeee" > wrote>
>
>>Thanks for informing me, I wasn't aware of that.
>>

> Please, before you apply/feed anything to your cat, check it
> out first online or at your vet. They are so close to use, it is easy
> to forget we are talking about a different species here.
>
> I believe I heard that aspirin is harmful for cats, too.
YES IT IS

meeee
October 14th 06, 01:34 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "meeee" > wrote>
>
>>Thanks for informing me, I wasn't aware of that.
>>

> Please, before you apply/feed anything to your cat, check it
> out first online or at your vet. They are so close to use, it is easy
> to forget we are talking about a different species here.
>
> I believe I heard that aspirin is harmful for cats, too.

Yes, silly me. Lucky I put it off til the weekend. Normally I check, but as
I use a few drops of ti tree in warm water as an antiseptic for dogs (I have
a lovely, but very accident prone staffy) I just didn't think...and I'm so
glad someone pulled me up!

meeee
October 14th 06, 01:35 AM
"Matthew" > wrote in message

> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>>
>> "meeee" > wrote>
>>
>>>Thanks for informing me, I wasn't aware of that.
>>>

>> Please, before you apply/feed anything to your cat, check it
>> out first online or at your vet. They are so close to use, it is easy
>> to forget we are talking about a different species here.
>>
>> I believe I heard that aspirin is harmful for cats, too.
> YES IT IS

And even I am not silly enough to give my cat aspirin :) or any other human
medication, or any medication I hadn't been told by a vet to give them...

naked on the phone
October 14th 06, 02:16 AM
William Hamblen wrote:

> Pickin' up paw-paws, puttin' 'em in her pockets,
> Pickin' up paw-paws, puttin' 'em in her pockets,
> Pickin' up paw-paws, puttin' 'em in her pockets,
> Way down yonder in the paw-paw patch.

you actually made me blush

you must have grandchildren

naked on the phone
October 14th 06, 02:19 AM
meeee wrote:

> Whoa!!! Lucky I am a procrastinator!! I was going to whack a few drops in
> the bathwater!! Thanks for informing me, I wasn't aware of that.

lmao

ooops sorry bout that

i would have never told it, but this seems like the right spot

one time, I took in a stray cat, it was the scrawniest greasiest cat
i've ever seen
he had been hanging out in a junkyard

i bathed him in some pine sol to cut the grease
it was all i had in the house to cut the grease

now i hear tell that pine sol is toxic to cats

ooops sorry bout that

we nic named him pine-sol

meeee
October 14th 06, 03:00 AM
"naked on the phone" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> meeee wrote:
>
>> Whoa!!! Lucky I am a procrastinator!! I was going to whack a few drops in
>> the bathwater!! Thanks for informing me, I wasn't aware of that.
>
> lmao
>
> ooops sorry bout that
>
> i would have never told it, but this seems like the right spot
>
> one time, I took in a stray cat, it was the scrawniest greasiest cat
> i've ever seen
> he had been hanging out in a junkyard
>
> i bathed him in some pine sol to cut the grease
> it was all i had in the house to cut the grease
>
> now i hear tell that pine sol is toxic to cats
>
> ooops sorry bout that
>
> we nic named him pine-sol

LOL I bought a flea-wash from a pet grooming parlour once, asked if it was
safe on kittens 6 weeks old. I thought, yeah, they'd know, as this is their
job to know. Wrong. Took it home, bathed the bitties and their mum, then
thought, hmmm, I'd better check the packet just in case (should have done it
pre-bathing but hey) called the vet as I wasn't sure on some of the
ingredients; ended up having to wash the bunch of them again and felt
terrible!! Needless to say I have never, and will never, take any of my
animals to that grooming place!!

naked on the phone
October 14th 06, 03:33 AM
meeee wrote:

> LOL I bought a flea-wash from a pet grooming parlour once, asked if it was
> safe on kittens 6 weeks old. I thought, yeah, they'd know, as this is their
> job to know. Wrong. Took it home, bathed the bitties and their mum, then
> thought, hmmm, I'd better check the packet just in case (should have done it
> pre-bathing but hey) called the vet as I wasn't sure on some of the
> ingredients; ended up having to wash the bunch of them again and felt
> terrible!! Needless to say I have never, and will never, take any of my
> animals to that grooming place!!

i could have mentioned, when i used the pine sol, i poured it on... not
a terrible lot
it actually done an excellent job.. he was in the bath tub with a
little water under him

i rinsed him really good, i knew he would be licking his fur

the water was sooo muddy

another male cat i had loved to take showers with me

I'd hold him on my chest/shoulder and slowly move under the shower

he loved it

he would cry to get in (once in a while)
that cat was one that had a nub for a tail, like a bob-cat
there was a whole family of them... his sister would never let me near
her
i trapped her in my home one day, I caught her in there and shut the
door. simple.
NOT.. she tried to rip a hole through the curtains, she was everywhere,
finally i opened the door..

im like DAMN! LEAVE THEN!

whew

Rene S.
October 14th 06, 05:41 PM
cybercat wrote:
> "meeee" > wrote>
>
> >Thanks for informing me, I wasn't aware of that.
> >

> Please, before you apply/feed anything to your cat, check it
> out first online or at your vet. They are so close to use, it is easy
> to forget we are talking about a different species here.
>
> I believe I heard that aspirin is harmful for cats, too.

This is a good idea. I'm glad that all ended up ok and that kitty is
safe. :)

tension_on_the_wire
October 14th 06, 09:26 PM
naked on the phone wrote:
> another male cat i had loved to take showers with me
>
> I'd hold him on my chest/shoulder and slowly move under the shower
>
> he loved it
>
> he would cry to get in (once in a while)

All my cats have avoided water like the plague. As expected. Never
had any Siamese, I know they like water. But little Muezza.Glorio,
my new kitten (Hah! he is already 6 pounds!) seems to love water,
and he has been haunting the bathtub ever since he discovered it.
Well, yesterday I took a long, hot bath, and little guy spent the
whole time showing off his balancing prowess by walking back
and forth along the edge of the tub. And trying to play with the
water with his paws.

I spent the whole time waiting to catch him. He never fell.
Until I started emptying the bath and it was down to a few
inches of water, and plop he slipped right in (I think it was
a "deliberate" mistake if you ask me...he just didn't want to
admit that he *wanted* to get wet!) I could have died laughing
as he sploshed his ankles around in the water and then jumped
out of the tub, meticulously shaking each paw repeatedly to get
the wet stuff off!! He would *not* be happy until I took a towel and
made much of him, squeezing each paw out and rubbing it all dry.

What a suck!!

--tension

cybercat
October 14th 06, 09:54 PM
"tension_on_the_wire" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> naked on the phone wrote:
>> another male cat i had loved to take showers with me
>>
>> I'd hold him on my chest/shoulder and slowly move under the shower
>>
>> he loved it
>>
>> he would cry to get in (once in a while)
>
> All my cats have avoided water like the plague. As expected. Never
> had any Siamese, I know they like water. But little Muezza.Glorio,
> my new kitten (Hah! he is already 6 pounds!) seems to love water,
> and he has been haunting the bathtub ever since he discovered it.
> Well, yesterday I took a long, hot bath, and little guy spent the
> whole time showing off his balancing prowess by walking back
> and forth along the edge of the tub. And trying to play with the
> water with his paws.
>
> I spent the whole time waiting to catch him. He never fell.
> Until I started emptying the bath and it was down to a few
> inches of water, and plop he slipped right in (I think it was
> a "deliberate" mistake if you ask me...he just didn't want to
> admit that he *wanted* to get wet!) I could have died laughing
> as he sploshed his ankles around in the water and then jumped
> out of the tub, meticulously shaking each paw repeatedly to get
> the wet stuff off!! He would *not* be happy until I took a towel and
> made much of him, squeezing each paw out and rubbing it all dry.
>
> What a suck!!

Sounds like a total doll!!

meeee
October 15th 06, 08:21 AM
"naked on the phone" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> meeee wrote:
>
>> LOL I bought a flea-wash from a pet grooming parlour once, asked if it
>> was
>> safe on kittens 6 weeks old. I thought, yeah, they'd know, as this is
>> their
>> job to know. Wrong. Took it home, bathed the bitties and their mum, then
>> thought, hmmm, I'd better check the packet just in case (should have done
>> it
>> pre-bathing but hey) called the vet as I wasn't sure on some of the
>> ingredients; ended up having to wash the bunch of them again and felt
>> terrible!! Needless to say I have never, and will never, take any of my
>> animals to that grooming place!!
>
> i could have mentioned, when i used the pine sol, i poured it on... not
> a terrible lot
> it actually done an excellent job.. he was in the bath tub with a
> little water under him
>
> i rinsed him really good, i knew he would be licking his fur
>
> the water was sooo muddy
>
> another male cat i had loved to take showers with me
>
> I'd hold him on my chest/shoulder and slowly move under the shower
>
> he loved it
>
> he would cry to get in (once in a while)
> that cat was one that had a nub for a tail, like a bob-cat
> there was a whole family of them... his sister would never let me near
> her
> i trapped her in my home one day, I caught her in there and shut the
> door. simple.
> NOT.. she tried to rip a hole through the curtains, she was everywhere,
> finally i opened the door..
>
> im like DAMN! LEAVE THEN!
>
> whew

Lol ya just can't win 'em all, can you!! My cats like watching the shower,
witha bemused look like, 'why the hell do you do that to yourself you
idiot?' but none actually likes water....as I discovered after one decided
to cover himself in pink housepaint (water based fortunately) and required
bathing. He still loves me though....

meeee
October 15th 06, 08:22 AM
"tension_on_the_wire" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> naked on the phone wrote:
>> another male cat i had loved to take showers with me
>>
>> I'd hold him on my chest/shoulder and slowly move under the shower
>>
>> he loved it
>>
>> he would cry to get in (once in a while)
>
> All my cats have avoided water like the plague. As expected. Never
> had any Siamese, I know they like water. But little Muezza.Glorio,
> my new kitten (Hah! he is already 6 pounds!) seems to love water,
> and he has been haunting the bathtub ever since he discovered it.
> Well, yesterday I took a long, hot bath, and little guy spent the
> whole time showing off his balancing prowess by walking back
> and forth along the edge of the tub. And trying to play with the
> water with his paws.
>
> I spent the whole time waiting to catch him. He never fell.
> Until I started emptying the bath and it was down to a few
> inches of water, and plop he slipped right in (I think it was
> a "deliberate" mistake if you ask me...he just didn't want to
> admit that he *wanted* to get wet!) I could have died laughing
> as he sploshed his ankles around in the water and then jumped
> out of the tub, meticulously shaking each paw repeatedly to get
> the wet stuff off!! He would *not* be happy until I took a towel and
> made much of him, squeezing each paw out and rubbing it all dry.
>
> What a suck!!
>
> --tension

LMAO... they are soooo cute when they're being 'dignified'

tension_on_the_wire
October 15th 06, 09:19 AM
cybercat wrote:
> "tension_on_the_wire" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> > naked on the phone wrote:
> >> another male cat i had loved to take showers with me
> >>
> >> I'd hold him on my chest/shoulder and slowly move under the shower
> >>
> >> he loved it
> >>
> >> he would cry to get in (once in a while)
> >
> > All my cats have avoided water like the plague. As expected. Never
> > had any Siamese, I know they like water. But little Muezza.Glorio,
> > my new kitten (Hah! he is already 6 pounds!) seems to love water,
> > and he has been haunting the bathtub ever since he discovered it.
> > Well, yesterday I took a long, hot bath, and little guy spent the
> > whole time showing off his balancing prowess by walking back
> > and forth along the edge of the tub. And trying to play with the
> > water with his paws.
> >
> > I spent the whole time waiting to catch him. He never fell.
> > Until I started emptying the bath and it was down to a few
> > inches of water, and plop he slipped right in (I think it was
> > a "deliberate" mistake if you ask me...he just didn't want to
> > admit that he *wanted* to get wet!) I could have died laughing
> > as he sploshed his ankles around in the water and then jumped
> > out of the tub, meticulously shaking each paw repeatedly to get
> > the wet stuff off!! He would *not* be happy until I took a towel and
> > made much of him, squeezing each paw out and rubbing it all dry.
> >
> > What a suck!!
> >
> Sounds like a total doll!!

You have no idea!! He's grabbing me like no other
cat since my first one!! Headbutts, nothing. This
guy body-butts my face just to get kisses!!

--tension

tension_on_the_wire
October 15th 06, 09:21 AM
meeee wrote:
> "tension_on_the_wire" > wrote in message
> > admit that he *wanted* to get wet!) I could have died laughing
> > as he sploshed his ankles around in the water and then jumped
> > out of the tub, meticulously shaking each paw repeatedly to get
> > the wet stuff off!! He would *not* be happy until I took a towel and
> > made much of him, squeezing each paw out and rubbing it all dry.
> >
> > What a suck!!
> >
> > --tension
> >
> LMAO... they are soooo cute when they're being 'dignified'

Indeed! But you must take care not to laugh when they
suddenly sprain it (their dignity, that is). He was much
more appreciative when I stopped laughing, and started
assiduously rubbing. "Datz more lyke it!!"

--tension

cybercat
October 15th 06, 07:04 PM
"tension_on_the_wire" > wrote
>> Sounds like a total doll!!
>

> You have no idea!! He's grabbing me like no other
> cat since my first one!! Headbutts, nothing. This
> guy body-butts my face just to get kisses!!

I was just telling Rhonda, this little tabby I have is the same--just
amazingly loving and affectionate. I think I am more impresses
because my only other cat as an adult just really did not like people,
including me, and never sought out affection. I adored her, but
Gracie is a different ballgame. Such a polite, intelligent little thing,
and from the day we brought her home from the shelter, she has
behaved as though she is so grateful, she is afraid she will do
something wrong, so is very fastidious and careful about her
box, etc. It tugs at my heart.

cybercat
October 15th 06, 07:06 PM
"tension_on_the_wire" > wrote

> Indeed! But you must take care not to laugh when they
> suddenly sprain it (their dignity, that is).

If I laugh at my feisty tuxedo Boo, she stares at me over
her should and "gives me the tail." She has kind of a short
tail and she flicks it hard, straight up. I have no doubt it means
*&%$ you, stupid human!*

meeee
October 15th 06, 11:11 PM
"tension_on_the_wire" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> meeee wrote:
>> "tension_on_the_wire" > wrote in message
>> > admit that he *wanted* to get wet!) I could have died laughing
>> > as he sploshed his ankles around in the water and then jumped
>> > out of the tub, meticulously shaking each paw repeatedly to get
>> > the wet stuff off!! He would *not* be happy until I took a towel and
>> > made much of him, squeezing each paw out and rubbing it all dry.
>> >
>> > What a suck!!
>> >
>> > --tension
>> >
>> LMAO... they are soooo cute when they're being 'dignified'
>
> Indeed! But you must take care not to laugh when they
> suddenly sprain it (their dignity, that is). He was much
> more appreciative when I stopped laughing, and started
> assiduously rubbing. "Datz more lyke it!!"
>
> --tension

Awww they're soooo cute!!!

meeee
October 15th 06, 11:13 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "tension_on_the_wire" > wrote
>>> Sounds like a total doll!!
>>

>> You have no idea!! He's grabbing me like no other
>> cat since my first one!! Headbutts, nothing. This
>> guy body-butts my face just to get kisses!!
>>

> I was just telling Rhonda, this little tabby I have is the same--just
> amazingly loving and affectionate. I think I am more impresses
> because my only other cat as an adult just really did not like people,
> including me, and never sought out affection. I adored her, but
> Gracie is a different ballgame. Such a polite, intelligent little thing,
> and from the day we brought her home from the shelter, she has
> behaved as though she is so grateful, she is afraid she will do
> something wrong, so is very fastidious and careful about her
> box, etc. It tugs at my heart.

yes!! out of all my cats, the rescued one is the sweetest. she always knows
when i'm sick, and cuddles me and grooms my hair. she is such a sweety, she
even tries to make friends with our dogs!!

tension_on_the_wire
October 16th 06, 02:50 AM
cybercat wrote:
> I was just telling Rhonda, this little tabby I have is the same--just
> amazingly loving and affectionate. I think I am more impresses
> because my only other cat as an adult just really did not like people,
> including me, and never sought out affection. I adored her, but
> Gracie is a different ballgame. Such a polite, intelligent little thing,
> and from the day we brought her home from the shelter, she has
> behaved as though she is so grateful, she is afraid she will do
> something wrong, so is very fastidious and careful about her
> box, etc. It tugs at my heart.

Aw! It's so true...I have said it several times that Muezza.Glorio
seems to be downright grateful to be here. I brought him home
from the vet who is considered the local shelter by many people,
apparently, and someone had brought this little one in having
found him literally wandering in the street....so God only knows
what he went through in the first few weeks of his life.

Luthien, on the other hand, was brought to my house
straight from her litter at six weeks of age, and has
never known hardship until she voluntarily accompanied
Zildjian (RB) in her ferality over about a five year period.
She is now fourteen (today!) and after two years of
being back in the house, after Zildjian died, she is
finally warming back up and coming to bed, and
crawling on me. Very speedily, I might add, lately,
which I think might be on account of a leeeettle
jealousy of the leeettle kitten!! So all in all,
we are a happy bunch.

Here's some new pics:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tension_at_home/album?.dir=e783scd&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tension_at_home/my_photos

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tension_at_home/album?.dir=5256scd&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tension_at_home/my_photos

--tension

meeee
October 16th 06, 03:29 AM
they are stunners, they suit their beautiful names so well!
Luthien has very elvish eyes...
"tension_on_the_wire" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> cybercat wrote:
>> I was just telling Rhonda, this little tabby I have is the same--just
>> amazingly loving and affectionate. I think I am more impresses
>> because my only other cat as an adult just really did not like people,
>> including me, and never sought out affection. I adored her, but
>> Gracie is a different ballgame. Such a polite, intelligent little thing,
>> and from the day we brought her home from the shelter, she has
>> behaved as though she is so grateful, she is afraid she will do
>> something wrong, so is very fastidious and careful about her
>> box, etc. It tugs at my heart.
>
> Aw! It's so true...I have said it several times that Muezza.Glorio
> seems to be downright grateful to be here. I brought him home
> from the vet who is considered the local shelter by many people,
> apparently, and someone had brought this little one in having
> found him literally wandering in the street....so God only knows
> what he went through in the first few weeks of his life.
>
> Luthien, on the other hand, was brought to my house
> straight from her litter at six weeks of age, and has
> never known hardship until she voluntarily accompanied
> Zildjian (RB) in her ferality over about a five year period.
> She is now fourteen (today!) and after two years of
> being back in the house, after Zildjian died, she is
> finally warming back up and coming to bed, and
> crawling on me. Very speedily, I might add, lately,
> which I think might be on account of a leeeettle
> jealousy of the leeettle kitten!! So all in all,
> we are a happy bunch.
>
> Here's some new pics:
>
> http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tension_at_home/album?.dir=e783scd&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tension_at_home/my_photos
>
> http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tension_at_home/album?.dir=5256scd&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tension_at_home/my_photos
>
> --tension

cybercat
October 16th 06, 03:31 AM
"tension_on_the_wire" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Aw! It's so true...I have said it several times that Muezza.Glorio
> seems to be downright grateful to be here. I brought him home
> from the vet who is considered the local shelter by many people,
> apparently, and someone had brought this little one in having
> found him literally wandering in the street....so God only knows
> what he went through in the first few weeks of his life.

You know what is neat? Muezza Glorio is the same *shape* my
Gracie is--delicate, slight, kind of Siamese shaped. And I can see
his personality in those photos--the thinking stance, the desire to
please. What a little angel. Thanks for posting these.

tension_on_the_wire
October 16th 06, 05:19 AM
meeee wrote:
> they are stunners, they suit their beautiful names so well!
> Luthien has very elvish eyes...

Aw thanks! Here is a rather strange link to something
I posted in rcpa but got zero response. Perhaps it
was too much work to get through it all, but it is
kinda worth it, cos you'll wanna do it for your
own cat's names:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.pets.cats.anecdotes/browse_thread/thread/6a7db5787bf34d7b/d48da0f8cd373975?lnk=gst&q=tension&rnum=3#d48da0f8cd373975

I mention it because the pictures seem to bear out Luthien's name
indeed!

--tension

tension_on_the_wire
October 16th 06, 05:25 AM
cybercat wrote:
> You know what is neat? Muezza Glorio is the same *shape* my
> Gracie is--delicate, slight, kind of Siamese shaped. And I can see
> his personality in those photos--the thinking stance, the desire to
> please. What a little angel. Thanks for posting these.

My pleasure, I'm sure! Yes he definitely is long and lean,
a veritable panther machine. Four months old, and already
six pounds, I have no idea where he puts it!

And in certain of his baby pics, you can see there in the same
(oh now he is sitting on my face; the drawbacks of having a
laptop!! ah now I can see again) site, under certain lights,
he has major tiger stripes. It is going to be very interesting
to see what colour he actually ends up!

I'm still waiting to catch a picture of his "bulldog" stance.
He's so wee, and he likes to walk like a big tough guy,
hahahaha!

--tension

October 16th 06, 07:09 AM
In rec.pets.cats.anecdotes tension_on_the_wire > wrote:
> Luthien, on the other hand, was brought to my house
> straight from her litter at six weeks of age, and has
> never known hardship until she voluntarily accompanied
> Zildjian (RB) in her ferality over about a five year period.
> She is now fourteen (today!)

Happy Birthday Luthien!!

Joyce

tension_on_the_wire
October 16th 06, 08:37 AM
wrote:
> In rec.pets.cats.anecdotes tension_on_the_wire > wrote:
> > Luthien, on the other hand, was brought to my house
> > straight from her litter at six weeks of age, and has
> > never known hardship until she voluntarily accompanied
> > Zildjian (RB) in her ferality over about a five year period.
> > She is now fourteen (today!)
>
> Happy Birthday Luthien!!
>
> Joyce

Fangkz!!

--luthien via lap(top)

naked on the phone
October 16th 06, 06:35 PM
tension_on_the_wire wrote:

> You have no idea!! He's grabbing me like no other
> cat since my first one!! Headbutts, nothing. This
> guy body-butts my face just to get kisses!!
>
> --tension

well you're just eat up with it ain'tcha

it's just a pussy

cybercat
October 16th 06, 07:41 PM
"naked on the phone" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> tension_on_the_wire wrote:
>
>> You have no idea!! He's grabbing me like no other
>> cat since my first one!! Headbutts, nothing. This
>> guy body-butts my face just to get kisses!!
>>
>> --tension
>
> well you're just eat up with it ain'tcha
>
> it's just a pussy

Oh, right, like Jupiter is "just a pussy," right?

She has you whipped!

Admit it! :D

Matthew
October 16th 06, 07:50 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "naked on the phone" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>>
>> tension_on_the_wire wrote:
>>
>>> You have no idea!! He's grabbing me like no other
>>> cat since my first one!! Headbutts, nothing. This
>>> guy body-butts my face just to get kisses!!
>>>
>>> --tension
>>
>> well you're just eat up with it ain'tcha
>>
>> it's just a pussy
>>

> Oh, right, like Jupiter is "just a pussy," right?
>
> She has you whipped!
>
> Admit it! :D
Every man who has a cat (s) or like women is they can never deny it if they
do they are bold face lying ;-)

cybercat
October 16th 06, 08:29 PM
"Matthew" > wrote in message
. ..

> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>>
>> "naked on the phone" > wrote in message
>> oups.com...

>>> well you're just eat up with it ain'tcha
>>>
>>> it's just a pussy
>>>

>> Oh, right, like Jupiter is "just a pussy," right?
>>
>> She has you whipped!
>>
>> Admit it! :D
> Every man who has a cat (s) or like women is they can never deny it if
> they do they are bold face lying ;-)

I see you have both meanings of the term covered, Matthew. :)

naked on the phone
October 17th 06, 03:58 AM
Matthew wrote:

> Every man who has a cat (s) or like women is they can never deny it if they
> do they are bold face lying ;-)

u sound like a man that has had to answer a few loaded question
before

I Tell ya matt, I don't know how Jupiter is doing it.. but seems like
every time im coming in the house.. so is jupiter.. she must be
slipping out between my feet...

im in and out the house sometimes.. quite a few times I quess.. ****ing
around here an all...

today, i cornered her in the bedroom..

i knew she was thinking about the cracked door..
(so was i)

i stepped left.. she leaned left....., i stepped right.,. she leaned
right

before i knew it.. it was a mad dash.. there was no way i could have
caught her no more than i can catch a bird! she was gone jack!

I haven't seen that pack of dogs around here since the night they
killed my boy

Matthew
October 17th 06, 04:06 AM
"naked on the phone" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Matthew wrote:
>
>> Every man who has a cat (s) or like women is they can never deny it if
>> they
>> do they are bold face lying ;-)
>
> u sound like a man that has had to answer a few loaded question
> before

THAT IS CALLED MARRIAGE ;-)

> I Tell ya matt, I don't know how Jupiter is doing it.. but seems like
> every time im coming in the house.. so is jupiter.. she must be
> slipping out between my feet...

There has to be a hidden hole somewhere or someone is coming into the house
when you are not there

> im in and out the house sometimes.. quite a few times I quess.. ****ing
> around here an all...
>
> today, i cornered her in the bedroom..
>
> i knew she was thinking about the cracked door..
> (so was i)
>
> i stepped left.. she leaned left....., i stepped right.,. she leaned
> right
>
> before i knew it.. it was a mad dash.. there was no way i could have
> caught her no more than i can catch a bird! she was gone jack!

Never corner a cat they have claws we have to much hanging in the balance
you will never win

> I haven't seen that pack of dogs around here since the night they
> killed my boy

Shedding a tear for the lost ones. I know those dogs would be target
practice after that and another reason I carry at all times

meeee
October 17th 06, 04:27 AM
"naked on the phone" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Matthew wrote:
>
>> Every man who has a cat (s) or like women is they can never deny it if
>> they
>> do they are bold face lying ;-)
>
> u sound like a man that has had to answer a few loaded question
> before
>

> I Tell ya matt, I don't know how Jupiter is doing it.. but seems like
> every time im coming in the house.. so is jupiter.. she must be
> slipping out between my feet...
>
> im in and out the house sometimes.. quite a few times I quess.. ****ing
> around here an all...
>
> today, i cornered her in the bedroom..
>
> i knew she was thinking about the cracked door..
> (so was i)
>
> i stepped left.. she leaned left....., i stepped right.,. she leaned
> right
>
> before i knew it.. it was a mad dash.. there was no way i could have
> caught her no more than i can catch a bird! she was gone jack!
>
> I haven't seen that pack of dogs around here since the night they
> killed my boy

That's a relief at least; still you never know when they'll return. Before
the others jump on you for daring to have a cat when you are too poor to
move to a better house/better area, I'll sympathize....I lived for ages in
houses so full of holes the wind lived there too....and sometimes the cat
was the only thing that cheered you up.

tension_on_the_wire
October 17th 06, 05:22 AM
Matthew wrote:
> "naked on the phone" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >
> > Matthew wrote:
> >
> >> Every man who has a cat (s) or like women is they can never deny it if
> >> they
> >> do they are bold face lying ;-)
> >
> > u sound like a man that has had to answer a few loaded question
> > before
> >
> THAT IS CALLED MARRIAGE ;-)
snip
> Never corner a cat they have claws we have to much hanging in the balance
> you will never win

Eh mon, u bring da boyz room wit U to everee tread??
Gee'uz a smoke mon!!

--tension

cybercat
October 17th 06, 06:07 AM
"meeee" > wrote >

>Before the others jump on you for daring to have a cat when you are too
>poor to move to a better house/better area,

Nobody here does that. It is not a matter of poverty, either.

What a flaming crock of horse ****.

You might want to be a bit more careful about your assumptions.

Or, then again, you might be an asshole.

cybercat
October 17th 06, 06:14 AM
"meeee" > wrote >

>I lived for ages in houses so full of holes the wind lived there too....and
>sometimes the cat was the only thing that cheered you up.

So you did your best to take care of the cat, yes?

And it doesn't take money to keep a cat in where she is safe.

Jupiter got out because Barry has not been paying attention.

He has been preoccupied with other things.

The dogs may or may not come back.

He has no idea.

But he would never claim that he could not keep her safe
because his house is not nice enough, or he doesn't have the
money.

Jupiter is a kitten. She has no idea. She may be fast enough,
she may not be.

But regardless, Barry can keep her in if he wants to.

So could you, in your holey house, and so could I, in the
dumps I have lived in.

It's your responsibility.

If you fail, the cat suffers most. Your suffering is secondary.

You have a gd forebrain and opposable thumbs.

Use them, and lay off the feelgood "sympathizing."

cybercat
October 17th 06, 06:22 AM
"naked on the phone" > wrote

> im in and out the house sometimes.. quite a few times I quess.. ****ing
> around here an all...
>
> today, i cornered her in the bedroom..
>
> i knew she was thinking about the cracked door..

Just close your door behind you.

This just worries me sick.

She is not spayed, either.

meeee
October 17th 06, 06:28 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "meeee" > wrote >
>
>>Before the others jump on you for daring to have a cat when you are too
>>poor to move to a better house/better area,
>
> Nobody here does that. It is not a matter of poverty, either.
>
> What a flaming crock of horse ****.
>
> You might want to be a bit more careful about your assumptions.
>
> Or, then again, you might be an asshole.

I'm probably an asshole. But whatever.....

meeee
October 17th 06, 06:36 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "meeee" > wrote >
>
>>I lived for ages in houses so full of holes the wind lived there
>>too....and sometimes the cat was the only thing that cheered you up.
>
> So you did your best to take care of the cat, yes?
>
> And it doesn't take money to keep a cat in where she is safe.
>
> Jupiter got out because Barry has not been paying attention.
>
> He has been preoccupied with other things.
>
> The dogs may or may not come back.
>
> He has no idea.
>
> But he would never claim that he could not keep her safe
> because his house is not nice enough, or he doesn't have the
> money.
>
> Jupiter is a kitten. She has no idea. She may be fast enough,
> she may not be.
>
> But regardless, Barry can keep her in if he wants to.
>
> So could you, in your holey house, and so could I, in the
> dumps I have lived in.
>
> It's your responsibility.
>
> If you fail, the cat suffers most. Your suffering is secondary.
>
> You have a gd forebrain and opposable thumbs.
>
> Use them, and lay off the feelgood "sympathizing."

Yeah, ok. Obviously you grew up in a different world. I'm sure you've lived
in crap heaps with open eaves that cats can crawl through, that you paid
$50/week to live in. And I'm sure you camped on your bosses doorstep, or
appealed to the authorities, and they listened (choke) and fixed your
godawful rental house. And I'm sure your cats are never too fast for you,
and you've never had to learn the hard way as you do everything perfectly.
If you are so clever, tell me exactly how I could have kept my cat in,
without breaking my lease and damaging my house and being kicked out. You've
obviously never lived in a 1920's jury built farm house. Maybe I should have
made a chickenwire cage in the middle of my bathroom and kept her in that.
Obviously the 'dumps' you have lived in had proper ceilings, roofs and
doors. Lucky you.
I wasnt attacking you, but I reserve my right to sympathize with Barry, and
recognize that some people in this world don't live in ideal, happy little
ducky situations.

meeee
October 17th 06, 06:38 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "naked on the phone" > wrote
>>
>> im in and out the house sometimes.. quite a few times I quess.. ****ing
>> around here an all...
>>
>> today, i cornered her in the bedroom..
>>
>> i knew she was thinking about the cracked door..
>

> Just close your door behind you.
>
> This just worries me sick.
>
> She is not spayed, either.

Oh, evil. Have you asked him why he hasn't spayed her? Presumably he wants
her to have lots of kittens and use them as dog bait.

tension_on_the_wire
October 17th 06, 08:05 AM
meeee wrote:
> I'm probably an asshole. But whatever.....

Aw, no you're not!
This is obviously one of "those" flaming issues
that gets people emotional. Everyone knows
himself best, and tends to assume that everyone
else should be capable of thinking and acting
in the same way. It's human nature,
unfortunately. We forget how to put
ourselves into other's shoes and really
*see* the problems they might have to
contend with and just *why* something
might not be possible in their
particular situation. If we could
remember that...there probably
wouldn't be any wars!

Come on everybody, let's be friends.
I like this group. And we all love
cats, that is why we are here, we do
have that in common.

--tension

naked on the phone
October 17th 06, 10:56 AM
meeee wrote:

> Oh, evil. Have you asked him why he hasn't spayed her? Presumably he wants
> her to have lots of kittens and use them as dog bait.

oh stoppit, i just don't have the money

it's 120.00 that's with a little pain med afterwards

I would love to get her spayed, it's just not as pressing as other
things right now.

she goes into heat and it can drive me nuts, i'm not selling my
computer just to get her spayed... this 120.00 is going to have to be a
surplus before I spend it on spaying.
I need to change the handset on the door, it's an old skeleton type
lock

another option is the low-cost spay program. for 45.00
i don't like this plan because you, rendevous at the wal-mart, deposit
you cat into the "spay-van" then.. pick her up the next evening about
the same time.
I don't want her to be handled by strangers for over-night. I would
hate it if someone did me like that.

This area is chocked full of old homes. I love old houses. you get alot
of bang for the bux.

I was toting booty through the door...that's how it got left ajar (my
arms were full)
you have to turn the knob to secure the door. actually this was the
first time in a while that she got out without me seeing it. other
times, i might be coming in with groceries...soon as I open the door to
"slip" in.. she "slips" out.. sometimes it's hard to see her cause
she's black as coal, but Ill feel her whisping my ankles.

that's the only way out through the door, but it's not the only way in,
there's a pce of plywood behind the wash machine... if you know how to
get in under the house, you can actually press your way in. One time a
little white cat had come into the house while I was out. cute as hell.

the other day, I reached down to grab her, if I had squeezed her any
tighter to restrain her it would have hurt her... she's never outright
clawed me, she's as sweet as they come. My Lucy is sweet too.

Jupiter and Lucy both walk on me while Im resting. they walk on me to
make me goto sleep, they walk on me to make me wake up. cool as hell

we don't have any routines around here, none to speak of. I imagine
cats and old men would get along real good.

other times, someone will knock on the door.. Jupiter has learned to be
an oppurtunist.
great little watch cat. "knock knock knock".. she sets up and says
"hort?" sounds like she's asking a question. but what i really hear her
say is.. "mmm, is that my ticket out of here for a while?"

I tell ya what happened. I put a layer of kennel wire against the
privacy fence and bent the top out a tad... I gave her a small access
door into the back yard. Lucy could go out too if she wanted, but Lucy
doesn't like to go outside. Lucy likes to set in the open door.
(Lucy may find the door wide open while Im out calling Jupiter)...

A little stray tabby had climbed over the fence.. her and Jupiter
played all day...
I haven't seen exactly how... but Jupiter found a loop hole in my cat
proof fence.
<scratching my head>

One night, im thinking Jupiter is under my feet, ever now and again I
would talk to her.
I heard a scratching on the front door.. it was Jupiter.

the list goes on.

naked on the phone
October 17th 06, 11:04 AM
meeee wrote:
> "naked on the phone" > wrote in message

> That's a relief at least; still you never know when they'll return. Before
> the others jump on you for daring to have a cat when you are too poor to
> move to a better house/better area, I'll sympathize....I lived for ages in
> houses so full of holes the wind lived there too....and sometimes the cat
> was the only thing that cheered you up.

lol

but seriously, you know there are all sorts of levels of living
some folk feed dey cats minced chicken, some feed them dry food from a
black and white bag that says "cat fud"

with the homeless stray problem, it's all good imo

that just helps put things in perspective as far as ownership

I WISH SOMEBODY WOULD JUMP ME FOR FEEDING MY CAT
I WANT SOMEBODY TO JUMP ME FOR FEEDING MY CAT
PLEEEEEEEEAAAAAASEEEE SOMEBODY JUMP ME FOR FEEDING MY CAT

they'll get a little rap to the noggin'

and the ones that cackle the loudest bout me not spaying jupiter yet..
well.. they can just send 120.00 down the street to the animal hospitol
email me and tell me take her down there. we can walk down there in a
minutes
(that's how close it is) I would actually drive her. they have an
opening this thursday.

I feed mines canned food it's so convenient, plus they love it, they
get alot of cooked meats, like pork, chicken and beef.. most chix and
beef, but.. they actually like canned food better.

I also like the idea they get alot of water from canned food

the litter box proves they are getting plenty of water

cybercat
October 17th 06, 03:53 PM
"naked on the phone" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> meeee wrote:
>
>> Oh, evil. Have you asked him why he hasn't spayed her? Presumably he
>> wants
>> her to have lots of kittens and use them as dog bait.
>
> oh stoppit, i just don't have the money

You can keep her in.

She is in danger outside and you know it.

It's upsetting to me because I know how much you love
that cat.

When it comes to some things, it is like Yoda said.

Remember?

"Do or do not, there is no 'try.'"

Please keep her safe.

I love her too.

October 17th 06, 03:58 PM
"tension_on_the_wire" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> meeee wrote:
>> I'm probably an asshole. But whatever.....
>
> Aw, no you're not!
> This is obviously one of "those" flaming issues
> that gets people emotional. Everyone knows
> himself best, and tends to assume that everyone
> else should be capable of thinking and acting
> in the same way. It's human nature,
> unfortunately. We forget how to put
> ourselves into other's shoes and really
> *see* the problems they might have to
> contend with and just *why* something
> might not be possible in their
> particular situation. If we could
> remember that...there probably
> wouldn't be any wars!
>
> Come on everybody, let's be friends.
> I like this group. And we all love
> cats, that is why we are here, we do
> have that in common.
>
> --tension

Jupiter is a well-loved, spoiled, beautiful little female who is not spayed.

She lives in an inner city neighborhood, lots of cars, etc.

It is very upsetting to think about her being outside where she could
get hurt--hit by a car, killed by dogs, impregnated since she is not
spayed. She could catch a disease. It's two weeks from Halloween
and she is black.

There is no "oh, hahaha, she's so sneaky, I know how that is" about
this.

I've lived with indoor-only cats for a long time. It's hard to keep them
in, but not impossible.

Matthew
October 17th 06, 08:09 PM
"naked on the phone" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> meeee wrote:
>
>> Oh, evil. Have you asked him why he hasn't spayed her? Presumably he
>> wants
>> her to have lots of kittens and use them as dog bait.
>
> oh stoppit, i just don't have the money
>
> it's 120.00 that's with a little pain med afterwards
>
> I would love to get her spayed, it's just not as pressing as other
> things right now.
>
> she goes into heat and it can drive me nuts, i'm not selling my
> computer just to get her spayed... this 120.00 is going to have to be a
> surplus before I spend it on spaying.
> I need to change the handset on the door, it's an old skeleton type
> lock
>
> another option is the low-cost spay program. for 45.00
> i don't like this plan because you, rendevous at the wal-mart, deposit
> you cat into the "spay-van" then.. pick her up the next evening about
> the same time.

Not always true you own vet might be part of the program.

> I don't want her to be handled by strangers for over-night. I would
> hate it if someone did me like that.

Most don't you can bring her home in a few hours

> This area is chocked full of old homes. I love old houses. you get alot
> of bang for the bux.
>
> I was toting booty through the door...that's how it got left ajar (my
> arms were full)
> you have to turn the knob to secure the door. actually this was the
> first time in a while that she got out without me seeing it. other
> times, i might be coming in with groceries...soon as I open the door to
> "slip" in.. she "slips" out.. sometimes it's hard to see her cause
> she's black as coal, but Ill feel her whisping my ankles.
>
> that's the only way out through the door, but it's not the only way in,
> there's a pce of plywood behind the wash machine... if you know how to
> get in under the house, you can actually press your way in. One time a
> little white cat had come into the house while I was out. cute as hell.
>

> the other day, I reached down to grab her, if I had squeezed her any
> tighter to restrain her it would have hurt her... she's never outright
> clawed me, she's as sweet as they come. My Lucy is sweet too.
>
> Jupiter and Lucy both walk on me while Im resting. they walk on me to
> make me goto sleep, they walk on me to make me wake up. cool as hell
>
> we don't have any routines around here, none to speak of. I imagine
> cats and old men would get along real good.
>
> other times, someone will knock on the door.. Jupiter has learned to be
> an oppurtunist.
> great little watch cat. "knock knock knock".. she sets up and says
> "hort?" sounds like she's asking a question. but what i really hear her
> say is.. "mmm, is that my ticket out of here for a while?"
>
> I tell ya what happened. I put a layer of kennel wire against the
> privacy fence and bent the top out a tad... I gave her a small access
> door into the back yard. Lucy could go out too if she wanted, but Lucy
> doesn't like to go outside. Lucy likes to set in the open door.
> (Lucy may find the door wide open while Im out calling Jupiter)...
>
> A little stray tabby had climbed over the fence.. her and Jupiter
> played all day...
> I haven't seen exactly how... but Jupiter found a loop hole in my cat
> proof fence.
> <scratching my head>
>
> One night, im thinking Jupiter is under my feet, ever now and again I
> would talk to her.
> I heard a scratching on the front door.. it was Jupiter.
>
> the list goes on.

meeee
October 18th 06, 02:36 AM
"naked on the phone" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> meeee wrote:
>> "naked on the phone" > wrote in message
>
>> That's a relief at least; still you never know when they'll return.
>> Before
>> the others jump on you for daring to have a cat when you are too poor to
>> move to a better house/better area, I'll sympathize....I lived for ages
>> in
>> houses so full of holes the wind lived there too....and sometimes the cat
>> was the only thing that cheered you up.
>
> lol
>
> but seriously, you know there are all sorts of levels of living
> some folk feed dey cats minced chicken, some feed them dry food from a
> black and white bag that says "cat fud"

Lol yep!
> with the homeless stray problem, it's all good imo

Yep, at least you're trying to keep your little girl inside.

> that just helps put things in perspective as far as ownership
>
> I WISH SOMEBODY WOULD JUMP ME FOR FEEDING MY CAT
> I WANT SOMEBODY TO JUMP ME FOR FEEDING MY CAT
> PLEEEEEEEEAAAAAASEEEE SOMEBODY JUMP ME FOR FEEDING MY CAT
>

> they'll get a little rap to the noggin'
>
> and the ones that cackle the loudest bout me not spaying jupiter yet..
> well.. they can just send 120.00 down the street to the animal hospitol
> email me and tell me take her down there. we can walk down there in a
> minutes
> (that's how close it is) I would actually drive her. they have an
> opening this thursday.

Yep that's right. Some of us have had to save up to neuter our
darlings....not just pull $120 out of our wallet.

> I feed mines canned food it's so convenient, plus they love it, they
> get alot of cooked meats, like pork, chicken and beef.. most chix and
> beef, but.. they actually like canned food better.

I've got a picky one atm, doesn't want cat fuds, onleee hoomin fuds thanks.
I'm not giving in....weeell maybe a teeny bit of chicken after she's eaten
some cat food!

> I also like the idea they get alot of water from canned food
>
> the litter box proves they are getting plenty of water

Uh huh!! That's the most important thing; pee and pooh inspection!! I notice
straight away; dried food makes everyone unhappy, but wet they're all happy
shiny little cats!

meeee
October 18th 06, 02:38 AM
"tension_on_the_wire" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> meeee wrote:
>> I'm probably an asshole. But whatever.....
>
> Aw, no you're not!
> This is obviously one of "those" flaming issues
> that gets people emotional. Everyone knows
> himself best, and tends to assume that everyone
> else should be capable of thinking and acting
> in the same way. It's human nature,
> unfortunately. We forget how to put
> ourselves into other's shoes and really
> *see* the problems they might have to
> contend with and just *why* something
> might not be possible in their
> particular situation. If we could
> remember that...there probably
> wouldn't be any wars!
>
> Come on everybody, let's be friends.
> I like this group. And we all love
> cats, that is why we are here, we do
> have that in common.
>
> --tension

Thankyou :) You've restored my faith in hooomanitee
Group hug....cats too!!
We all try to do the best for our flea bags (ouch! Jasmine just bit me! ok,
ok you're not a fleabag) some of us just have more resources at our disposal
than others.

meeee
October 18th 06, 02:46 AM
"naked on the phone" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> meeee wrote:
>
>> Oh, evil. Have you asked him why he hasn't spayed her? Presumably he
>> wants
>> her to have lots of kittens and use them as dog bait.
>
> oh stoppit, i just don't have the money

;)
> it's 120.00 that's with a little pain med afterwards

OMG you guys get pain meds? My eeevil vet didn't give Jasmine any,....poor
girl had to suffer it out.

> I would love to get her spayed, it's just not as pressing as other
> things right now.

Like eating and electricity. Oh, and petrol.

> she goes into heat and it can drive me nuts, i'm not selling my
> computer just to get her spayed... this 120.00 is going to have to be a
> surplus before I spend it on spaying.
> I need to change the handset on the door, it's an old skeleton type
> lock
>
> another option is the low-cost spay program. for 45.00
> i don't like this plan because you, rendevous at the wal-mart, deposit
> you cat into the "spay-van" then.. pick her up the next evening about
> the same time.
> I don't want her to be handled by strangers for over-night. I would
> hate it if someone did me like that.
>
> This area is chocked full of old homes. I love old houses. you get alot
> of bang for the bux.
>
> I was toting booty through the door...that's how it got left ajar (my
> arms were full)
> you have to turn the knob to secure the door. actually this was the
> first time in a while that she got out without me seeing it. other
> times, i might be coming in with groceries...soon as I open the door to
> "slip" in.. she "slips" out.. sometimes it's hard to see her cause
> she's black as coal, but Ill feel her whisping my ankles.

LMAO...mine is fat and white and orange; very visible, but still manages to
slip out....I spend half the day making an idiot out of myself chasing her
around the front lawn!! She's too fast for me....

> that's the only way out through the door, but it's not the only way in,
> there's a pce of plywood behind the wash machine... if you know how to
> get in under the house, you can actually press your way in. One time a
> little white cat had come into the house while I was out. cute as hell.

Awww should have kept her!!
I know, I know....

> the other day, I reached down to grab her, if I had squeezed her any
> tighter to restrain her it would have hurt her... she's never outright
> clawed me, she's as sweet as they come. My Lucy is sweet too.
>
> Jupiter and Lucy both walk on me while Im resting. they walk on me to
> make me goto sleep, they walk on me to make me wake up. cool as hell

I love sleeping in kitty furs....they seem to take turns napping with me at
night. Nice and warm!!

> we don't have any routines around here, none to speak of. I imagine
> cats and old men would get along real good.
>
> other times, someone will knock on the door.. Jupiter has learned to be
> an oppurtunist.
> great little watch cat. "knock knock knock".. she sets up and says
> "hort?" sounds like she's asking a question. but what i really hear her
> say is.. "mmm, is that my ticket out of here for a while?"

LOl too cute...Garfield sits at the door mewing if I go outside; they always
ask to come out too, though Jasmine and Moe are the only ones rude enough to
try and escape without asking first. When I come back inside I have to do
the tricky 'open door, step over 2 feet of kitties, slam door quickly before
jasmine escapes' routine as they all pile up to watch me through the screen,
and know I won't step on them so they never move....

> I tell ya what happened. I put a layer of kennel wire against the
> privacy fence and bent the top out a tad... I gave her a small access
> door into the back yard. Lucy could go out too if she wanted, but Lucy
> doesn't like to go outside. Lucy likes to set in the open door.
> (Lucy may find the door wide open while Im out calling Jupiter)...
>
> A little stray tabby had climbed over the fence.. her and Jupiter
> played all day...
> I haven't seen exactly how... but Jupiter found a loop hole in my cat
> proof fence.
> <scratching my head>

I want to do this, but I have to wait til we have our own house and do a big
proper one...meezer cats are very athletic!!

> One night, im thinking Jupiter is under my feet, ever now and again I
> would talk to her.
> I heard a scratching on the front door.. it was Jupiter.
>
> the list goes on.

Aaah the cat teleporter. works every time.

meeee
October 18th 06, 02:54 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message
.. .

> "tension_on_the_wire" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>>
>> meeee wrote:
>>> I'm probably an asshole. But whatever.....
>>
>> Aw, no you're not!
>> This is obviously one of "those" flaming issues
>> that gets people emotional. Everyone knows
>> himself best, and tends to assume that everyone
>> else should be capable of thinking and acting
>> in the same way. It's human nature,
>> unfortunately. We forget how to put
>> ourselves into other's shoes and really
>> *see* the problems they might have to
>> contend with and just *why* something
>> might not be possible in their
>> particular situation. If we could
>> remember that...there probably
>> wouldn't be any wars!
>>
>> Come on everybody, let's be friends.
>> I like this group. And we all love
>> cats, that is why we are here, we do
>> have that in common.
>>
>> --tension
>>

> Jupiter is a well-loved, spoiled, beautiful little female who is not
> spayed.
>
> She lives in an inner city neighborhood, lots of cars, etc.
>
> It is very upsetting to think about her being outside where she could
> get hurt--hit by a car, killed by dogs, impregnated since she is not
> spayed. She could catch a disease. It's two weeks from Halloween
> and she is black.
>
> There is no "oh, hahaha, she's so sneaky, I know how that is" about
> this.
>
> I've lived with indoor-only cats for a long time. It's hard to keep them
> in, but not impossible.

So have I. And I have two who do their mightiest to escape every time the
door opens. Not just some times. Every time. They escape on a daily basis,
luckily I have a quiet neighbourhood where I can run into my neighbours
yards and retrieve them. Again, daily. And they're both desexed. Oh,
right....you've lived with indoor cats for years yadayadayada....give me a
break. It is upsetting to think about the dangers. And I'm sure Barry tries
his hardest to keep her in; it's not as though he's deliberately letting her
run free un-neutered. I'm sure you think you know everything about people
and cats but go easy. Oh, right, we don't go easy, do we? We just judge and
criticize. My apologies for daring to disagree with you. I'm glad you are so
concerned for the cat, but it's very easy to judge and tut tut when you
haven't got to live Barry's life, or anything even similar. Give him the
benefit of the doubt, and try encouraging him and helping him towards a more
ideal situation but judging and telling him what a bad cat-daddy he is will
get nowhere.

cybercat
October 18th 06, 03:24 AM
"meeee" > wrote

> So have I. And I have two who do their mightiest to escape every time the
> door opens. Not just some times. Every time. They escape on a daily basis,

Because you are an idiot and an asshole and not worth the gd forebrain God
gave you.

It is EASY to keep cats safe inside.

If you "cannot" it means you don't care enough to or you are an idiot.

Period.

And Barry knows that, too.

meeee
October 18th 06, 05:36 AM
"Cheryl" > wrote in message
> On Tue 17 Oct 2006 09:54:43p, meeee wrote in
> rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
> ):
>
>> So have I. And I have two who do their mightiest to escape every
>> time the door opens. Not just some times. Every time. They
>> escape on a daily basis, luckily I have a quiet neighbourhood
>> where I can run into my neighbours yards and retrieve them.
>> Again, daily. And they're both desexed. Oh, right....you've
>> lived with indoor cats for years yadayadayada....give me a
>> break. It is upsetting to think about the dangers. And I'm sure
>> Barry tries his hardest to keep her in; it's not as though he's
>> deliberately letting her run free un-neutered. I'm sure you
>> think you know everything about people and cats but go easy. Oh,
>> right, we don't go easy, do we? We just judge and criticize. My
>> apologies for daring to disagree with you. I'm glad you are so
>> concerned for the cat, but it's very easy to judge and tut tut
>> when you haven't got to live Barry's life, or anything even
>> similar. Give him the benefit of the doubt, and try encouraging
>> him and helping him towards a more ideal situation but judging
>> and telling him what a bad cat-daddy he is will get nowhere.
>>

> Without getting into the whole indoor-outdoor thing, I feel I have
> to chime in on how to keep one (or more) in when the outdoors is
> too unsafe even for a mistake. My house is right on a busy road, so
> a single mistake or escape could mean death.
>
> My method is to make the front door (my main entrance) as totally
> unattractive as possible. This door is a very noisy place. I open
> the door to come inside when a big truck or bus is driving by.
> Those make the noise for me. That scares them enough that they
> have no desire to go near that big engine/tire noise. I also walk
> in blocking my feet area with my purse, my briefcase, whatever I
> have in one hand. If I have a load, I leave part of it outside,
> come in with what I can carry in one hand and when I set that down
> it has the interest of everyone so they barely notice me going back
> out for the rest.
>
> The outside door that is safe for them is downstairs; this one
> opens to an enclosure that keeps them safe from the bad road. They
> RUN down to the door when they see me going down there. They meow
> and make happy noises. It's *their* place. :))
>
> --
> Cheryl

That's a good idea...I will keep those in mind. Fortunately for Jasmine, our
road isn't busy, but I do block her with stuff and use the
waterbottle....but I've had to catch her twice this morning already, and
expect to do it another couple of times when hubby gets home. At least I'm
getting my excercise!! But I worry that a car will come around the corner at
the same time she dashes out.....not good. She's very stubborn and thinks
I'm cruelly depriving her. ;3

meeee
October 18th 06, 05:39 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "meeee" > wrote
>>
>> So have I. And I have two who do their mightiest to escape every time the
>> door opens. Not just some times. Every time. They escape on a daily
>> basis,
>
> Because you are an idiot and an asshole and not worth the gd forebrain God
> gave you.
>
> It is EASY to keep cats safe inside.
>
> If you "cannot" it means you don't care enough to or you are an idiot.
>
> Period.
>
> And Barry knows that, too.

Yeah, ok, would you like to give me any useful suggestions instead of
infantile insults? As you have no trouble keeping your cats in, you must
have a fail-proof method.....do enlighten me. If it involves water pistols,
washing baskets, loud noises, jangly things tied to door I have already
tried the above. I would love it if you told me something that works, as I
said in a previous post I have already chased Jasmine twice today. While you
are so busy being angry at me for daring to disagree with you, please note
that every time she escapes, I chase her and bring her back. So I can't see
why you are so worried, unless for my welfare....in which case I am touched.
(sarcasm in case you weren't aware)

tension_on_the_wire
October 18th 06, 06:02 AM
meeee wrote:
> Yeah, ok, would you like to give me any useful suggestions instead of
> infantile insults? As you have no trouble keeping your cats in, you must
> have a fail-proof method.....do enlighten me. If it involves water pistols,
> washing baskets, loud noises, jangly things tied to door I have already
> tried the above. I would love it if you told me something that works, as I
> said in a previous post I have already chased Jasmine twice today. While you
> are so busy being angry at me for daring to disagree with you, please note
> that every time she escapes, I chase her and bring her back. So I can't see
> why you are so worried, unless for my welfare....in which case I am touched.
> (sarcasm in case you weren't aware)

What!? Sarcasm on a newsgroup?! Unthinkable!! Preposterous!!
Stop it!! 8^P

I'll tell you what I do, but it does require the advantage of
an extra door. Luthien is an in/out cat, suburbia, back garden
is pretty much her terrain. Muezza.Glorio is strictly indoor
as he is only 4 months old, and was previously found wandering
on the street and I don't want to take the chance of him
wandering again, although I doubt he would since he knows a
good thing when he sees it here, but regardless:

Front door: leads to living room which then has another door
to the rest of the house. Since kitten arrived, the rule is that
kitten is not allowed in that room so that door is always closed,
and the fight with the feet and the bags and everything else takes
place there, rather than at the actual front door. Even if he does
get through....it's only into the living room, and then I settle it
with him and get him out of that room and close the inside door
before I even approach the front door.

Back door: leads directly into garage, which has a side door
to the garden which is permanently open in daytime for Luthien's
benefit (she keeps an extra litter box in garage so she can
take care of business even when she is outside. She has a
"distaste" for peeing al fresco, so she comes into the garage
for the box). Same fight with kitten there, but if he gets through,
he only gets into the garage. I can always catch him before he
makes the outside door, but if not, I hiss like Luthien and you
should see him....he is in the middle of making a beeline for
the outside door and without even a moment's hesitation when
I start hissing, he makes an instant U-turn and runs right back
between my legs. Good boy! He gets big praise and hugs and
kisses when he does that so that he continues to respond to
my voice (and my hiss!). So far anyway!

Fortunately Luthien has learned to anticipate the fight. So when
I open the back door to let her in....she stands and waits until
the fight with the kitten is sorted out, and then she elegantly
cruises in aloof with fur and dignity intact! Such a lady, heheh.
Someone posted that she reminded them of Audrey Hepburn,
from her pics...can't remember who it was....but it is so true
of her personality. So elegant and above it all, but when riled,
she can give what-for with the best of them! Kitten has learned
not to cross certain lines with her, heheh. So has the
daughter, in fact!

--tension

meeee
October 18th 06, 06:37 AM
> [...]
> the outside door and without even a moment's hesitation when
> I start hissing, he makes an instant U-turn and runs right back
> between my legs. Good boy! He gets big praise and hugs and
> kisses when he does that so that he continues to respond to
> my voice (and my hiss!). So far anyway!
>
> Fortunately Luthien has learned to anticipate the fight. So when
> I open the back door to let her in....she stands and waits until
> the fight with the kitten is sorted out, and then she elegantly
> cruises in aloof with fur and dignity intact! Such a lady, heheh.
> Someone posted that she reminded them of Audrey Hepburn,
> from her pics...can't remember who it was....but it is so true
> of her personality. So elegant and above it all, but when riled,
> she can give what-for with the best of them! Kitten has learned
> not to cross certain lines with her, heheh. So has the

Lol she is very much the lady, isn't she! Whereas my Jasmine is very much
the feral, although most of her other manners are very good. We have a three
wraning system here; First the name, then a hiss, then hand clap, then the
spray bottle. It works on the other five, barring Jasmine and Moe, who
shares her stuboorn streak. I lock them in my room when we go shopping, so
we don't to the 20 bags of shopping + 2 cats escaping dance. We have an open
plan hous, with a front door and a side sliding door that opens into the
carport; lovely and cool for the tropics, but difficult to keep her in. To
add to the trouble, the sliding door into the carport has broken, and I
won't be able to fix it until the rental inspection in a month's time; until
then when the door is closed, it rebounds and unless you are on the ball
(which 4 year old children often aren't) she gets out. It just comes down to
the fact that she was raised outdoors...even Moe will baulk when I hiss, and
only escapes if he's sure I am totally preoccupied. I despair of her at
times, and can't wait for the day i buy my own house and can make an outdoor
playpen so she can get her 'outdoorsies' worked out!!

naked on the phone
October 18th 06, 11:48 AM
Cheryl wrote:
> On Tue 17 Oct 2006 09:54:43p, meeee wrote in
> rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
> ):
>
> > So have I. And I have two who do their mightiest to escape every
> > time the door opens. Not just some times. Every time. They
> > escape on a daily basis, luckily I have a quiet neighbourhood
> > where I can run into my neighbours yards and retrieve them.
> > Again, daily. And they're both desexed. Oh, right....you've
> > lived with indoor cats for years yadayadayada....give me a
> > break. It is upsetting to think about the dangers. And I'm sure
> > Barry tries his hardest to keep her in; it's not as though he's
> > deliberately letting her run free un-neutered. I'm sure you
> > think you know everything about people and cats but go easy. Oh,
> > right, we don't go easy, do we? We just judge and criticize. My
> > apologies for daring to disagree with you. I'm glad you are so
> > concerned for the cat, but it's very easy to judge and tut tut
> > when you haven't got to live Barry's life, or anything even
> > similar. Give him the benefit of the doubt, and try encouraging
> > him and helping him towards a more ideal situation but judging
> > and telling him what a bad cat-daddy he is will get nowhere.
> >

> Without getting into the whole indoor-outdoor thing, I feel I have
> to chime in on how to keep one (or more) in when the outdoors is
> too unsafe even for a mistake. My house is right on a busy road, so
> a single mistake or escape could mean death.
>
> My method is to make the front door (my main entrance) as totally
> unattractive as possible.

I habitually look down and around coming and going
it's a habit now, I always think about her coming and going
(because I know she's an oppurtunist)

coming in, I crack the door and look in all directions
sometimes I try to sneak in (or out)

naked on the phone
October 18th 06, 11:52 AM
cybercat wrote:

> You can keep her in.

I was going to get your something niiice for christmas
now im considering a chia pet for YOU
chia-cat

hell YOU MIGHT NOT GET THAT

I MIGHT GET A BAG A SWITCHES FOR YOU

naked on the phone
October 18th 06, 12:06 PM
meeee wrote:

> Yep that's right. Some of us have had to save up to neuter our
> darlings....not just pull $120 out of our wallet.

savings? that's a good concept

It'll come, but I got her under wraps for now

it hasn't happened too often, maybe once a month?
they're smart, they look for you to get busy..
they lurk and you let your guard down

then its BAM nothing but cat ass

> Uh huh!! That's the most important thing; pee and pooh inspection!! I notice
> straight away; dried food makes everyone unhappy, but wet they're all happy
> shiny little cats!

i agree... it's not like you ever see a lion chase down a dry crunchy
gazelle

except I have bought several bags of science diet for my last batch of
cats
(just kidding.. it's not like gold fish.. Im really just playing, i
went through 3 bathces of gold fish before I gave up)

my last cat a male, he went through many bags of science diet....
he luuuuved it! he wouldn't eat the canned food

one day! i stopped at the store, I bought a can of vienna sausages for
me and some crackers... and two cans of cat food.. I got to thinking
about the price.. i ate the cat food and gave the sausages to the cats

cybercat
October 18th 06, 01:37 PM
"naked on the phone" > wrote

> it hasn't happened too often, maybe once a month?
> they're smart, they look for you to get busy..
> they lurk and you let your guard down
>
> then its BAM nothing but cat ass

I have not had any doubt that you would keep
her inside and safe now that you realize she is
getting out.

I know how much you love her.

Like me, you were raised with indoor/outdoor cats.

Like me, you have found cats broken and bleeding.

cybercat
October 18th 06, 02:13 PM
"naked on the phone" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> cybercat wrote:
>
>> You can keep her in.
>
> I was going to get your something niiice for christmas
> now im considering a chia pet for YOU
> chia-cat
>
> hell YOU MIGHT NOT GET THAT
>
> I MIGHT GET A BAG A SWITCHES FOR YOU

haha

You love me.

You can't help it.

You'll get me anything I want, you just don't know it yet.

cybercat
October 18th 06, 02:18 PM
"naked on the phone" > wrote
> I habitually look down and around coming and going
> it's a habit now, I always think about her coming and going
> (because I know she's an oppurtunist)
>
> coming in, I crack the door and look in all directions
> sometimes I try to sneak in (or out)

I feel your pain. :

Once I lived in a place where, every time I opened
the door I had one cat trying to get out and one trying
to get in.

I lived on a busy street. (I always live on busy streets.)

I still dream about cats getting out.

Searching the street for a little grey body.

It never actually happened, except the one time
my cat leaned too hard against a screen and fell, with
the screen, out the window. (It was a first floor.)

She was so stunned that by the time I got out there
to get her she had not moved! (She was not hurt.)

The only times I searched the streets were when she
was hiding and I was convinced she had gotten out.

Gracie did this last August when we had company.

I just knew one of those goony teenaged boys let
her out.

After I made a fool of myself she emerged, looking
innocent.

Little bitch. ;)

naked on the phone
October 18th 06, 10:16 PM
cybercat wrote:

> I have not had any doubt that you would keep
> her inside and safe now that you realize she is
> getting out.

i been knowing she got out
this is nothing new

but no.. i don't let her out

> I know how much you love her.

> Like me, you were raised with indoor/outdoor cats.

we was raised with outdoor only roof cats

cybercat
October 18th 06, 11:07 PM
"naked on the phone" > wrote in message
ps.com...

> cybercat wrote:
>
>> I have not had any doubt that you would keep
>> her inside and safe now that you realize she is
>> getting out.
>
> i been knowing she got out
> this is nothing new

I wonder if she is pregnant?

>> I know how much you love her.
>
>> Like me, you were raised with indoor/outdoor cats.
>
> we was raised with outdoor only roof cats

What is a roof cat?

Matthew
October 18th 06, 11:10 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "naked on the phone" > wrote in message
> ps.com...
>>
>> cybercat wrote:
>>
>>> I have not had any doubt that you would keep
>>> her inside and safe now that you realize she is
>>> getting out.
>>
>> i been knowing she got out
>> this is nothing new
>>

> I wonder if she is pregnant?
>

>>> I know how much you love her.
>>
>>> Like me, you were raised with indoor/outdoor cats.
>>
>> we was raised with outdoor only roof cats
>>
> What is a roof cat?

Take it you are not a city girl

cybercat
October 18th 06, 11:36 PM
"Matthew" > wrote:

>> What is a roof cat?
>

> Take it you are not a city girl

Sure I am!

meeee
October 19th 06, 12:42 AM
"naked on the phone" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> meeee wrote:
>
>> Yep that's right. Some of us have had to save up to neuter our
>> darlings....not just pull $120 out of our wallet.
>
> savings? that's a good concept
>
> It'll come, but I got her under wraps for now
>
> it hasn't happened too often, maybe once a month?
> they're smart, they look for you to get busy..
> they lurk and you let your guard down
>
> then its BAM nothing but cat ass
>
>> Uh huh!! That's the most important thing; pee and pooh inspection!! I
>> notice
>> straight away; dried food makes everyone unhappy, but wet they're all
>> happy
>> shiny little cats!
>
> i agree... it's not like you ever see a lion chase down a dry crunchy
> gazelle
>
> except I have bought several bags of science diet for my last batch of
> cats
> (just kidding.. it's not like gold fish.. Im really just playing, i
> went through 3 bathces of gold fish before I gave up)
>
> my last cat a male, he went through many bags of science diet....
> he luuuuved it! he wouldn't eat the canned food
>
> one day! i stopped at the store, I bought a can of vienna sausages for
> me and some crackers... and two cans of cat food.. I got to thinking
> about the price.. i ate the cat food and gave the sausages to the cats

Lol just about!! I buy pet mince for mine; they're nuts for it. See if you
can find a local chicken butcher who will mince up chicken remainders for
you...it's great for them, as they get some guts and cartilage and bone meal
etc in it, so it's as close as I can get to their natural diet. Someone
recommended frozen mice as in snake food, but I think Id find too many
leftovers lying around....hmmm

meeee
October 19th 06, 12:49 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "naked on the phone" > wrote
>> I habitually look down and around coming and going
>> it's a habit now, I always think about her coming and going
>> (because I know she's an oppurtunist)
>>
>> coming in, I crack the door and look in all directions
>> sometimes I try to sneak in (or out)
>>

> I feel your pain. :
>
> Once I lived in a place where, every time I opened
> the door I had one cat trying to get out and one trying
> to get in.
>
> I lived on a busy street. (I always live on busy streets.)
>
> I still dream about cats getting out.
>
> Searching the street for a little grey body.
>
> It never actually happened, except the one time
> my cat leaned too hard against a screen and fell, with
> the screen, out the window. (It was a first floor.)
>
> She was so stunned that by the time I got out there
> to get her she had not moved! (She was not hurt.)
>
> The only times I searched the streets were when she
> was hiding and I was convinced she had gotten out.
>
> Gracie did this last August when we had company.
>
> I just knew one of those goony teenaged boys let
> her out.
>
> After I made a fool of myself she emerged, looking
> innocent.
>
> Little bitch. ;)

So, are you going to tell me how I can keep my cat inside? Or are you just
going to criticize and not offer any help? And then you wonder why I get
cranky.

naked on the phone
October 19th 06, 02:14 AM
Matthew wrote:
> "cybercat" > wrote in message

> > What is a roof cat?
>

> Take it you are not a city girl

lol

naked on the phone
October 19th 06, 02:16 AM
cybercat wrote:

> If you "cannot" it means you don't care enough to or you are an idiot.
>
> Period.
>
> And Barry knows that, too.

what is it that I know

that you for one was negligent in telling your company not to let the
cat out

what difference does it make how the cat gets out
out is out black mouth hillbilly

cybercat
October 19th 06, 02:33 AM
"naked on the phone" > wrote

> what difference does it make how the cat gets out
> out is out black mouth hillbilly

I am not going to fight with you, Barry.

If you say it is beyond your powers to keep your
cat inside where she is safe, who am I to argue with you?

naked on the phone
October 19th 06, 02:53 AM
meeee wrote:

> So, are you going to tell me how I can keep my cat inside? Or are you just
> going to criticize and not offer any help? And then you wonder why I get
> cranky.

meeee, don't pay her no mind
she does this "periodically"

she could be standing at the bottom of a damn and see a tiny sprig of
water coming through.. she'd go get an ax.. and chop at the tiny hole
and curse and rage and babble the whole time she's stiiiiroking

omg! my cat is hacking up a chicken bone

maybe I shouldn't give them my fried chicken scraps

meeee
October 19th 06, 03:11 AM
"naked on the phone" > wrote in message
ps.com...

> meeee wrote:
>
>> So, are you going to tell me how I can keep my cat inside? Or are you
>> just
>> going to criticize and not offer any help? And then you wonder why I get
>> cranky.
>
> meeee, don't pay her no mind
> she does this "periodically"
>
> she could be standing at the bottom of a damn and see a tiny sprig of
> water coming through.. she'd go get an ax.. and chop at the tiny hole
> and curse and rage and babble the whole time she's stiiiiroking

LMAO.....I just dislike people who live on the other side of the world, in a
totally different environment, who have no idea how I live and don't know
*anything* about me or my cats coming along, judging on the spur of the
moment, and going all righteous indignation on me. Bezides, I needed a good
rant.

> omg! my cat is hacking up a chicken bone
>
> maybe I shouldn't give them my fried chicken scraps

LOL another norty deed to add to your list of eeeevilness; giving in to
those adorable liddle faces. We normally frown and throw them out, but
occasionally DH sneaks them one behind my back, and occasionally I sneak
them one behind DH's back.....

tension_on_the_wire
October 19th 06, 03:52 AM
meeee wrote:
> Lol just about!! I buy pet mince for mine; they're nuts for it. See if you
> can find a local chicken butcher who will mince up chicken remainders for
> you...it's great for them, as they get some guts and cartilage and bone meal
> etc in it, so it's as close as I can get to their natural diet. Someone
> recommended frozen mice as in snake food, but I think Id find too many
> leftovers lying around....hmmm

If they mince it up....how do you avoid chicken
bone splinters and shards?

I've always thought that chicken bones, as hollow
bird bones, would splinter and make dangerous
shards.....

--tension

meeee
October 19th 06, 04:54 AM
"tension_on_the_wire" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> meeee wrote:
>> Lol just about!! I buy pet mince for mine; they're nuts for it. See if
>> you
>> can find a local chicken butcher who will mince up chicken remainders for
>> you...it's great for them, as they get some guts and cartilage and bone
>> meal
>> etc in it, so it's as close as I can get to their natural diet. Someone
>> recommended frozen mice as in snake food, but I think Id find too many
>> leftovers lying around....hmmm
>
> If they mince it up....how do you avoid chicken
> bone splinters and shards?
>
> I've always thought that chicken bones, as hollow
> bird bones, would splinter and make dangerous
> shards.....
>
> --tension

You pull them out; most of the bone is ground up finely, but I do check it
over just in case; a couple of times I've found larger bits but mostly it's
fine. I wouldn't give it to younger kittens though.

naked on the phone
October 19th 06, 12:19 PM
meeee wrote:

> LMAO.....I just dislike people<...> going all righteous indignation on me. Bezides, I needed a good
> rant.

giggle

well you appear to be quite normal and grounded to me
level and tempered

you have to take this stuff for what it is, or better said, just stay
bigger than the next?
I don't know... sometimes I get to serious, I like how it just rolls
off of you

but you might consider taking one of my flame classes, im the fu'ng
fi'ng fooh mastah
(according to another user here)

> LOL another norty deed to add to your list of eeeevilness; giving in to
> those adorable liddle faces. We normally frown and throw them out, but
> occasionally DH sneaks them one behind my back, and occasionally I sneak
> them one behind DH's back.....

sounds like 2 hosts spiking the punch

they eat birds, birds have little bones

i've never seen a cat die from a bird bone
i've never seen a dead cat in a tree

tension_on_the_wire
October 19th 06, 04:54 PM
naked on the phone wrote:
> they eat birds, birds have little bones
>
> i've never seen a cat die from a bird bone
> i've never seen a dead cat in a tree

I have heard of cats dying from
chicken bones, though.

--tension

October 19th 06, 08:06 PM
tension_on_the_wire > wrote:

> naked on the phone wrote:

>> they eat birds, birds have little bones
>>
>> i've never seen a cat die from a bird bone
>> i've never seen a dead cat in a tree

> I have heard of cats dying from chicken bones, though.

The issue is cooked vs. uncooked.

When a cat eats a bird that they catch in the wild, it is raw. Raw
bones are safe. It's only when they are cooked that they become brittle
and break into pointy shards. If you were to feed your cat raw chicken
on the bone, that would not be dangerous, either. (Well, not from the
bone - there is the danger of salmonella. Perhaps if you bought the
chicken from an organic farm or something, it might be less likely to
be contaminated?)

Joyce

meeee
October 19th 06, 10:05 PM
"naked on the phone" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> meeee wrote:
>
>> LMAO.....I just dislike people<...> going all righteous indignation on
>> me. Bezides, I needed a good
>> rant.
>
> giggle
>
> well you appear to be quite normal and grounded to me
> level and tempered

Lol reeeely ? me ? Normal and grounded? well, i suppose if you compare me to
the real loonies!

> you have to take this stuff for what it is, or better said, just stay
> bigger than the next?
> I don't know... sometimes I get to serious, I like how it just rolls
> off of you

probably because I have zero respect for people like that, so what they
think doesn't concern me.

> but you might consider taking one of my flame classes, im the fu'ng
> fi'ng fooh mastah
> (according to another user here)

Lol sounds like fun!! I could have gone all dirty on her ass, but I respect
a lot of people in this group and wouldn't wish to irritate too many of them
at once!!

>> LOL another norty deed to add to your list of eeeevilness; giving in to
>> those adorable liddle faces. We normally frown and throw them out, but
>> occasionally DH sneaks them one behind my back, and occasionally I sneak
>> them one behind DH's back.....
>
> sounds like 2 hosts spiking the punch
>
> they eat birds, birds have little bones
>
> i've never seen a cat die from a bird bone
> i've never seen a dead cat in a tree

Well, I know that cooked bones can splinter and pierce guts and breathing
tubes, innards in general, not to mention causing mouth abcesses, so I *try*
not to do it too often....but you know, we can't refuse the masters too
often!!

naked on the phone
October 19th 06, 11:09 PM
wrote:

> The issue is cooked vs. uncooked.

> Joyce

oohhhh

ok

i wont' do that no more
they really go for the crust
then laaate at night, ill here lucy cracking bones
probably going for the marrow

I just fed both kids some 9 lives dry food
OMG I put at least a good cups worth
THEY DEVOURED IT
they still have wet food left

they devoured it, and asked for more
hmmmm

I knew the dry food had not swoll up yet
but i did give them a sprinkle more

I did it just to give them something different

meeee
October 19th 06, 11:37 PM
"naked on the phone" > wrote in message

>> The issue is cooked vs. uncooked.
>

>> Joyce
>
> oohhhh
>
> ok
>
> i wont' do that no more
> they really go for the crust
> then laaate at night, ill here lucy cracking bones
> probably going for the marrow
>
> I just fed both kids some 9 lives dry food
> OMG I put at least a good cups worth
> THEY DEVOURED IT
> they still have wet food left
>
> they devoured it, and asked for more
> hmmmm
>
> I knew the dry food had not swoll up yet
> but i did give them a sprinkle more
>
> I did it just to give them something different

Lol!! it's hard to resist the 'I'm staaaarving' look!!

naked on the phone
October 19th 06, 11:50 PM
meeee wrote:

> Lol!! it's hard to resist the 'I'm staaaarving' look!!

YOU SOUND LIKE A PUSHOVER

I can't wait to move out to the country
Im going to let them run in and out the house

For example, how could I deny them a brisk summers evening
the grass is getting wet, a bunny rabbit trickles into the garden

how could I not let them live this kind of life

I used to have a doberman and a black lab.
I took in a retired Great Dane, she was a monster, she was super
gentle.
every time the doberman would jump the fence, the great dane would
jump the fence and hold her down

I caught her trying to put the doberman back into the fence
I don't tell that much, cause it's hard to believe

but the dane was a mother! that's all she had known
she was a happy dog, they just wanted to find her a home
as she was not producing pups any more

It would be cool to have a wise middle aged dog who could help protect
the cats
I would! I would move to the country and get a couple of collies or
shepherds

that should give the cats something to do

They are NOT happy laying around the house
they have their moments but those moments are shorted lived

cats are not that small really, not when you consider how far they can
reach
this gives them excellent outdoor mobility

physical health is vital to mental health

who wants to scratch a post for excersize
sure.. maybe once in a while

i don't mean to anthromorphosize <sp, who cares>
you know.. view cats has having human properties, lol

modifying the fence is fine too.. but I hate living in the city finally

I loved living here for a while, it has been cheap <cough>...
it has allowed me to do some things I have been needing to do

Later

the best part about moving to the country, I can try out some of my
physics experiments
this bunch around here would call the fire department, the police or
somebody if I tried some of my ideas

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)
October 20th 06, 01:05 AM
tension_on_the_wire wrote:

> naked on the phone wrote:
>
>>they eat birds, birds have little bones
>>
>>i've never seen a cat die from a bird bone
>>i've never seen a dead cat in a tree
>

> I have heard of cats dying from
> chicken bones, though.

But that's COOKED chicken - there's a difference! (You
should never give a dog cooked chicken bones, either -
actually the uncooked bones of any animal are better for
them than the cooked ones, but not all splinter the way
chicken bones do.)

> --tension

tension_on_the_wire
October 20th 06, 04:31 AM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:
> But that's COOKED chicken - there's a difference! (You
> should never give a dog cooked chicken bones, either -
> actually the uncooked bones of any animal are better for
> them than the cooked ones, but not all splinter the way
> chicken bones do.)

Yeah, so I heard. It's mammal bones that are thicker,
and harder and generally don't splinter the way the
hollow bird-bones of a chicken do. But that's interesting
about the cooked part....

--tension

meeee
October 22nd 06, 04:30 AM
LOl yeah we hate that about the city too....yesterday we had to pay $5 to
just dump some cardboard; in the country we would have just had a bonfire
and roasted marshmallows!! Hubby helped me fix up a temporary fence
yesterday, we've had trouble with honey (terrier) digging out under the
fence, so we've rigged up a fence that keeps her further back from the road.
Now she can't see people walking past, she doesn't try to dig! Yay~! I was
getting very worried, and as this is a rental we can't change anything.
We'de like to buy this house, then I'd fence and cover the side are properly
so the cats can have an outdoor playpen. What fun! They'd love it....your
dogs sounded adorable...I'd love a great Dane one day....when the boys are
big enough to handle it!!

naked on the phone
October 23rd 06, 10:33 AM
meeee wrote:
> LOl yeah we hate that about the city too....yesterday we had to pay $5 to
> just dump some cardboard;

around here they pay you for your cardboard

did you know that without recycling you couldn't buy a new car?
or write a letter on a clean sheet of paper?

more people are employed by the recycling industry than the automotive
industry

in the country we would have just had a bonfire
> and roasted marshmallows!! Hubby helped me fix up a temporary fence
> yesterday, we've had trouble with honey (terrier) digging out under the
> fence, so we've rigged up a fence that keeps her further back from the road.
> Now she can't see people walking past, she doesn't try to dig! Yay~!

oh, that's grand! how nice...
if you're like me, it does your heart good to see them happy.
of course it does

I was
> getting very worried, and as this is a rental we can't change anything.
> We'de like to buy this house, then I'd fence and cover the side are properly
> so the cats can have an outdoor playpen. What fun! They'd love it....your
> dogs sounded adorable...I'd love a great Dane one day....when the boys are
> big enough to handle it!!

get a female, see.. a female is gentle enough to handle her pups.. so
she would be even more gentle with you boys.. we only had her a short
while, but we can imagine
they are super smart.. to the point they learn what is important and
precious to you
(as in your boys)... the bitch we had, she was... so intuitive.. I
think she was 7 years old.

she loved to stand on her hind legs and put her front feet on my
shoulders.. and look me in the eye.. nose to nose... Im 6'3" and she
was almost as tall as me.
very intimidating, but super docile

meeee
October 24th 06, 01:56 AM
"naked on the phone" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> meeee wrote:
>> LOl yeah we hate that about the city too....yesterday we had to pay $5 to
>> just dump some cardboard;
>
> around here they pay you for your cardboard

What?? Geez I would have made a packet then!!

> did you know that without recycling you couldn't buy a new car?
> or write a letter on a clean sheet of paper?
>
> more people are employed by the recycling industry than the automotive
> industry

We have recycling bins for tins, bottles and plastic, but not for paper
products yet; other aussie cities do the lot, but not here yet.

> in the country we would have just had a bonfire
>> and roasted marshmallows!! Hubby helped me fix up a temporary fence
>> yesterday, we've had trouble with honey (terrier) digging out under the
>> fence, so we've rigged up a fence that keeps her further back from the
>> road.
>> Now she can't see people walking past, she doesn't try to dig! Yay~!
>
> oh, that's grand! how nice...
> if you're like me, it does your heart good to see them happy.
> of course it does

Yep, took them for their first walk in ages today; we have a large backyard
but I've had to wait to walk them daily until my 2 year old was a bit more
road savvy; and I was glad I waited; I had my hands full trying to hold back
two excited dogs, I was very glad the two boys knew how to stay on the
footpath! I'm going to do this daily now; it will help my fitness and my
dog's as well...

> I was
>> getting very worried, and as this is a rental we can't change anything.
>> We'de like to buy this house, then I'd fence and cover the side are
>> properly
>> so the cats can have an outdoor playpen. What fun! They'd love it....your
>> dogs sounded adorable...I'd love a great Dane one day....when the boys
>> are
>> big enough to handle it!!
>
> get a female, see.. a female is gentle enough to handle her pups.. so
> she would be even more gentle with you boys.. we only had her a short
> while, but we can imagine
> they are super smart.. to the point they learn what is important and
> precious to you
> (as in your boys)... the bitch we had, she was... so intuitive.. I
> think she was 7 years old.
>
> she loved to stand on her hind legs and put her front feet on my
> shoulders.. and look me in the eye.. nose to nose... Im 6'3" and she
> was almost as tall as me.
> very intimidating, but super docile

Awwww what a sweetie. We only have female dogs, my husband used to only want
males, but after a few bad experiences with competitive male dogs and
children, we vetoed the male dog idea and now we only have girl doggies!!
And they are both little angels, even if Sasha is a bit of an idiot and
tries to mortally wound herself every week or so....

naked on the phone
October 24th 06, 03:41 AM
meeee wrote:

> Awwww what a sweetie. We only have female dogs, my husband used to only want
> males, but after a few bad experiences with competitive male dogs and
> children, we vetoed the male dog idea and now we only have girl doggies!!
> And they are both little angels, even if Sasha is a bit of an idiot and
> tries to mortally wound herself every week or so....

your prolly well versed on dog training, more so than me, I haven't had
dogs in a while
I did learn when walking them if they want to pull ahead what one book
suggested was to stop. make them wait..till they stop pulling.. do this
for as many times as they pull you. the idea is to get them to walk at
your pace. HOWEVER i know good and well two excited dogs are not going
to be very interested in training, not with all that energy...at least
not at first... for some reason they sound like small to med size dogs.
maybe it's the name Honey.

I bet they have a blast with the cats.

Yeah we recycle everything around here. I think it's great although im
not a tree hugger, I still throw plastic bottles and milk jugs and
various cardboards and papers in the trash.
(it goes to the landfill)

meeee
October 24th 06, 03:59 AM
"naked on the phone" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> meeee wrote:
>
>> Awwww what a sweetie. We only have female dogs, my husband used to only
>> want
>> males, but after a few bad experiences with competitive male dogs and
>> children, we vetoed the male dog idea and now we only have girl doggies!!
>> And they are both little angels, even if Sasha is a bit of an idiot and
>> tries to mortally wound herself every week or so....
>
> your prolly well versed on dog training, more so than me, I haven't had
> dogs in a while
> I did learn when walking them if they want to pull ahead what one book
> suggested was to stop. make them wait..till they stop pulling.. do this
> for as many times as they pull you. the idea is to get them to walk at
> your pace. HOWEVER i know good and well two excited dogs are not going
> to be very interested in training, not with all that energy...at least
> not at first... for some reason they sound like small to med size dogs.
> maybe it's the name Honey.
>
> I bet they have a blast with the cats.
>
> Yeah we recycle everything around here. I think it's great although im
> not a tree hugger, I still throw plastic bottles and milk jugs and
> various cardboards and papers in the trash.
> (it goes to the landfill)

That sounds like your council is on the ball. I'm not much of a dog trainer,
just baisc obedience, I am attempting to get them used to walking next to
me....in their world, a walk is a ramble through the fields with us....so
they don't really get why i am attaching things to their neck and forcing
thme to walk 2 feet from me. Honey is a neurotic wire haired terrier/****zu
mix, very sweet and smart but nervy to the max, sasha is a staffy, very
lovable and enthusiastic about life but, well, stoopid...she regularly
impales herself on trees and bushes as she hurls herself around the yard
like a dribbling cannonball.....I just finished treating the latest injury;
she spiked herself on something then kept scratching at it....I had to put
an adhesive sports bandage over the dressing til it healed....when I took it
off it practically waxed her!! Poor baby! And the cats terrorize
them...Congo and Jasmine gang up on them and 'herd' them back into the yard
if they are out for walkies with me and the dogs try to join in!!

Christina Websell
October 28th 06, 06:23 PM
"tension_on_the_wire" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> naked on the phone wrote:
>> they eat birds, birds have little bones
>>
>> i've never seen a cat die from a bird bone
>> i've never seen a dead cat in a tree
>
> I have heard of cats dying from
> chicken bones, though.

Blimey, I am just catching on my 975 unread! and notice once again that
crossposting to h&b should be avoided if things are not to become
contentious.
The reason cats are able to eat bird bones from their prey - which one of my
cats does regularly - is that these bones are raw and therefore reasonably
soft and able to be digested. Like nature intended.
The danger from chicken bones comes from the fact that they are cooked,
which makes them brittle and liable to splinter into sharp shards which can
puncture the stomach or intestines.

Tweed