PDA

View Full Version : My cat is missing...fear of Halloween

bertoiaj
October 12th 06, 01:40 AM
Hi, there is little you can do from cyberspace, but my one year old cat
has been missing for about 48 hours now. She is a neutered all black
female. I have heard things about sickos and black cats at
Halloween....do you think there can be truth to it? A collegue of
mine gives an alternate explanation saying she is on a "romantic
fling": she claims even neutered cats like to go out on the town
looking for love....I am skeptical...

Worried in British Columbia

cybercat
October 12th 06, 02:07 AM
"bertoiaj" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hi, there is little you can do from cyberspace, but my one year old cat
> has been missing for about 48 hours now. She is a neutered all black
> female. I have heard things about sickos and black cats at
> Halloween....do you think there can be truth to it? A collegue of
> mine gives an alternate explanation saying she is on a "romantic
> fling": she claims even neutered cats like to go out on the town
> looking for love....I am skeptical...

Yes, it is true. When you let your cat out to roam anything can
happen. You have reason to be worried.

If you ever see her again, please consider keeping her inside where
she is safe.

guynoir
October 12th 06, 10:23 AM
bertoiaj wrote:
> Hi, there is little you can do from cyberspace, but my one year old cat
> has been missing for about 48 hours now. She is a neutered all black
> female. I have heard things about sickos and black cats at
> Halloween....do you think there can be truth to it? A collegue of
> mine gives an alternate explanation saying she is on a "romantic
> fling": she claims even neutered cats like to go out on the town
> looking for love....I am skeptical...
>
> Worried in British Columbia

Your cat is probably within a block of your house. Go look for her.
Ask your neighbors.

When my black cat went missing, I had an idea that he was probably at
my next door neighbors house, so I knocked on her door and asked her if
I could search her yard. Then I got my flashlight and crawled on my
hands and knees through her entire yard. Then I asked to look in her
crawl space and that's where I found him.

Don't just wait for her to come home.

Don't worry about cat killing sociopaths. They don't really have a
preference for black cats, and Halloween isn't their special holiday.

--
John Kimmel

GET YER STINKING PAWS OFF ME YOU DAMN DIRTY APE!

guynoir
October 12th 06, 10:41 AM
bertoiaj wrote:
> Hi, there is little you can do from cyberspace, but my one year old cat
> has been missing for about 48 hours now. She is a neutered all black
> female. I have heard things about sickos and black cats at
> Halloween....do you think there can be truth to it? A collegue of
> mine gives an alternate explanation saying she is on a "romantic
> fling": she claims even neutered cats like to go out on the town
> looking for love....I am skeptical...
>
> Worried in British Columbia

Your cat is probably within a block of your house. Go look for her.
Ask your neighbors.

When my black cat went missing, I had an idea that he was probably at
my next door neighbors house, so I knocked on her door and asked her if
I could search her yard. Then I got my flashlight and crawled on my
hands and knees through her entire yard. Then I asked to look in her
crawl space and that's where I found him.

Don't just wait for her to come home.

Don't worry about cat killing sociopaths. They don't really have a
preference for black cats, and Halloween isn't their special holiday.

--
John Kimmel

GET YER STINKING PAWS OFF ME YOU DAMN DIRTY APE!

krazy
October 12th 06, 02:07 PM
>Hi, there is little you can do from cyberspace, but my one year old cat
>has been missing for about 48 hours now. She is a neutered all black
>female. I have heard things about sickos and black cats at
>Halloween....do you think there can be truth to it? A collegue of
>mine gives an alternate explanation saying she is on a "romantic
>fling": she claims even neutered cats like to go out on the town
>looking for love....I am skeptical...

Hopefully she is just looking for "Romance" and comes back ok.
Prayers and purrs that she does.

My advice to anyone this time of year is to keep their cats indoors if
at all possible and especially if they have black cats and live in a
so-called bad area!!

Eva Quesnell
October 13th 06, 01:54 AM
On Thu, 12 Oct 2006, krazy wrote:

>> Hi, there is little you can do from cyberspace, but my one year old cat
>> has been missing for about 48 hours now. She is a neutered all black
>> female. I have heard things about sickos and black cats at
>> Halloween....do you think there can be truth to it? A collegue of
>> mine gives an alternate explanation saying she is on a "romantic
>> fling": she claims even neutered cats like to go out on the town
>> looking for love....I am skeptical...
>
> Hopefully she is just looking for "Romance" and comes back ok.
> Prayers and purrs that she does.
>
> My advice to anyone this time of year is to keep their cats indoors if
> at all possible and especially if they have black cats and live in a
> so-called bad area!!

Yes, they really do go looking for black cats. Most shelters do not adopt
out any black cats for the full month of October. The crazy people really
*are* out there. Of course, I keep my little black kitty in the house all
the time, but that's me.

Eva

bertoiaj
October 13th 06, 08:28 PM
Hi, thank you all for your messages of support. I am very pleased to
report that my cat is back! I live next door to a
school...yesterday I went over to ask any of the cleaning staff if they
had seen a black cat...she had apparently been locked in the school and
was hiding and moewing out of fear...finally a custodian get her and
released her...and she made a b-line straight home! She usually sleeps
at the foot of my bed, but last night she curled up right next to me
all night long!

I am so grateful that she is back...

Eva Quesnell wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Oct 2006, krazy wrote:
>

> >> Hi, there is little you can do from cyberspace, but my one year old cat
> >> has been missing for about 48 hours now. She is a neutered all black
> >> female. I have heard things about sickos and black cats at
> >> Halloween....do you think there can be truth to it? A collegue of
> >> mine gives an alternate explanation saying she is on a "romantic
> >> fling": she claims even neutered cats like to go out on the town
> >> looking for love....I am skeptical...
> >
> > Hopefully she is just looking for "Romance" and comes back ok.
> > Prayers and purrs that she does.
> >
> > My advice to anyone this time of year is to keep their cats indoors if
> > at all possible and especially if they have black cats and live in a
> > so-called bad area!!
>
> Yes, they really do go looking for black cats. Most shelters do not adopt
> out any black cats for the full month of October. The crazy people really
> *are* out there. Of course, I keep my little black kitty in the house all
> the time, but that's me.
>
> Eva

22brix
October 13th 06, 08:49 PM
"bertoiaj" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Hi, thank you all for your messages of support. I am very pleased to
> report that my cat is back! I live next door to a
> school...yesterday I went over to ask any of the cleaning staff if they
> had seen a black cat...she had apparently been locked in the school and
> was hiding and moewing out of fear...finally a custodian get her and
> released her...and she made a b-line straight home! She usually sleeps
> at the foot of my bed, but last night she curled up right next to me
> all night long!
>
> I am so grateful that she is back...

That's fabulous! I bet she's soooo happy to be home! Bonnie

cjsfriend via CatKB.com
October 13th 06, 09:05 PM
So happy to hear that she is back home!!!!

Laura

Eva Quesnell
October 13th 06, 09:12 PM
On Fri, 13 Oct 2006, bertoiaj wrote:

> Hi, thank you all for your messages of support. I am very pleased to
> report that my cat is back! I live next door to a
> school...yesterday I went over to ask any of the cleaning staff if they
> had seen a black cat...she had apparently been locked in the school and
> was hiding and moewing out of fear...finally a custodian get her and
> released her...and she made a b-line straight home! She usually sleeps
> at the foot of my bed, but last night she curled up right next to me
> all night long!
>
> I am so grateful that she is back...

Awww, that's great news! I'm sure you are relieved. I always love good
news. :)

Eva

cybercat
October 13th 06, 09:13 PM
"bertoiaj" > wrote

> I am so grateful that she is back...

Then I know you will keep her in where she is safe.

Next time you might not be so lucky. She might not be
either.

meeee
October 13th 06, 10:43 PM
"22brix" > wrote in message

> "bertoiaj" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>>
>> Hi, thank you all for your messages of support. I am very pleased to
>> report that my cat is back! I live next door to a
>> school...yesterday I went over to ask any of the cleaning staff if they
>> had seen a black cat...she had apparently been locked in the school and
>> was hiding and moewing out of fear...finally a custodian get her and
>> released her...and she made a b-line straight home! She usually sleeps
>> at the foot of my bed, but last night she curled up right next to me
>> all night long!
>>
>> I am so grateful that she is back...
>>
> That's fabulous! I bet she's soooo happy to be home! Bonnie

I'm so happy you got your cat back!! spoil her now, won't you? But I'm sure
you already are...:)

krazy
October 14th 06, 11:36 PM
On 13 Oct 2006 12:28:49 -0700, "bertoiaj" > wrote:

>Eva Quesnell wrote:

>> > Hopefully she is just looking for "Romance" and comes back ok.
>> > Prayers and purrs that she does.
>> >
>> > My advice to anyone this time of year is to keep their cats indoors if
>> > at all possible and especially if they have black cats and live in a
>> > so-called bad area!!
>>
>> Yes, they really do go looking for black cats. Most shelters do not adopt
>> out any black cats for the full month of October. The crazy people really
>> *are* out there. Of course, I keep my little black kitty in the house all
>> the time, but that's me.
>>
>> Eva

>Hi, thank you all for your messages of support. I am very pleased to
>report that my cat is back! I live next door to a
>school...yesterday I went over to ask any of the cleaning staff if they
>had seen a black cat...she had apparently been locked in the school and
>was hiding and moewing out of fear...finally a custodian get her and
>released her...and she made a b-line straight home! She usually sleeps
>at the foot of my bed, but last night she curled up right next to me
>all night long!
>
>I am so grateful that she is back...

So glad that you fur nany is back safe and sound!!

-L.
October 15th 06, 10:06 AM
bertoiaj wrote:
> Hi, thank you all for your messages of support. I am very pleased to
> report that my cat is back!

You're lucky - keep him indoors!

-L.

naked on the phone
October 15th 06, 02:52 PM
-L. wrote:

> You're lucky - keep him indoors!
>
> -L.

now you keep that cat indoors now you hear

krazy
October 16th 06, 01:01 AM

>> You're lucky - keep him indoors!
>>
>> -L.
>
>now you keep that cat indoors now you hear

At least til after Halloween!!

PLEASE if you care about it!!