PDA

View Full Version : Habitually over-feeding


naked on the phone
October 12th 06, 02:42 PM
Habitually over-feeding a partially mischevious or restless cat, will
only bring you misery as they will relentlessly aggrivate you with
petty and miscellaneous trifles

they will buffet you with little no no's

they will quickly become to big for their britches.. it's not very cute

it would probably shock most of us to realize the behavioral problems
behind this.. "fullness of bread"... habitually over-feeding your cat
is a snake of a deed.. they importune you till you feed them... you
could be creating a small monster... i mean to say.. it would surprise
us to know the stuff people live with. you may visit their house and
see how their cats treat the place and you would say.. "oh I would
never put up with that".. but to those people.. they have come to live
with it... it's like living beside a train track long enough to cope
with the clakety clack

why is it that when my cats are stuffed with food for days will pounce
on me to wake me up
why is that when my cats are lean for days will massage me to wake me
up.. they are like..
"baaaaybeee.. purrr purrr.. baaaayyyybeeee..., time to wake up my love"

lucy got up on me and gave me a full back massage this morning, funny
as hell
jupiter lay there smiling at me... flipping her tail, pretending to be
a kitten... acting (and it was an act) pretending to be ha ha ...
haaappy. they were in on it together

other mornings when they are not actually hungry.. they are like..

GETUP YOU |#$^%%$#^$#% TIME TO EAT

no mercy

oh yeah! I got this figured out.

when you habitually feed your babies too much, you are only inviting
trouble

humans and cats are so much alike in this.

if you are continually dealing with all sorts of little trivial
behavorial problems, things that pluck your nerves... consider the
possibility that you may be over feeding them.

over feeding is not the only cause, so Im not saying it's a cure-all by
no means
(some people deserve to have their cats torment them)

cybercat
October 12th 06, 03:45 PM
"naked on the phone" > wrote

> (some people deserve to have their cats torment them)
>

They really do.

meeee
October 13th 06, 12:54 AM
Yep! Spot on!! I've had to cut the food allowance since everyone got the
chop (jasmine is looking pudgy to say the least) and you should have heard
the cries of horror!! They were all over me like a rash for about a week,
but figured out I wasn't cracking and gave up. They still gaze longingly at
the fridge tho....if I gave in they'd be butterballs galore! And they are
bossy enough already....
"naked on the phone" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Habitually over-feeding a partially mischevious or restless cat, will
> only bring you misery as they will relentlessly aggrivate you with
> petty and miscellaneous trifles
>
> they will buffet you with little no no's
>
> they will quickly become to big for their britches.. it's not very cute
>
> it would probably shock most of us to realize the behavioral problems
> behind this.. "fullness of bread"... habitually over-feeding your cat
> is a snake of a deed.. they importune you till you feed them... you
> could be creating a small monster... i mean to say.. it would surprise
> us to know the stuff people live with. you may visit their house and
> see how their cats treat the place and you would say.. "oh I would
> never put up with that".. but to those people.. they have come to live
> with it... it's like living beside a train track long enough to cope
> with the clakety clack
>
> why is it that when my cats are stuffed with food for days will pounce
> on me to wake me up
> why is that when my cats are lean for days will massage me to wake me
> up.. they are like..
> "baaaaybeee.. purrr purrr.. baaaayyyybeeee..., time to wake up my love"
>
> lucy got up on me and gave me a full back massage this morning, funny
> as hell
> jupiter lay there smiling at me... flipping her tail, pretending to be
> a kitten... acting (and it was an act) pretending to be ha ha ...
> haaappy. they were in on it together
>
> other mornings when they are not actually hungry.. they are like..
>
> GETUP YOU |#$^%%$#^$#% TIME TO EAT
>
> no mercy
>
> oh yeah! I got this figured out.
>
> when you habitually feed your babies too much, you are only inviting
> trouble
>
> humans and cats are so much alike in this.
>
> if you are continually dealing with all sorts of little trivial
> behavorial problems, things that pluck your nerves... consider the
> possibility that you may be over feeding them.
>
> over feeding is not the only cause, so Im not saying it's a cure-all by
> no means
> (some people deserve to have their cats torment them)
>

naked on the phone
October 13th 06, 03:05 AM
meeee wrote:
> Yep! Spot on!! I've had to cut the food allowance since everyone got the
> chop (jasmine is looking pudgy to say the least) and you should have heard
> the cries of horror!! They were all over me like a rash for about a week,
> but figured out I wasn't cracking and gave up. They still gaze longingly at
> the fridge tho....if I gave in they'd be butterballs galore! And they are
> bossy enough already....

what do you have in the fridge that they want? I just keep my cans in
the cupboard or on the shelf

as it is, my two cats share two cans per day, sometimes i give them 3,
that's when they show out

they both munch from the same cake of food
they both like the juice that comes out first, so i try to spread the
juice so they can both have a lick before the cake actually comes out
of the can, lmao

I don't like those little gravy varieties.. i can never shake it all
out of the can

meeee
October 13th 06, 03:40 AM
"naked on the phone" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>
> meeee wrote:
>> Yep! Spot on!! I've had to cut the food allowance since everyone got the
>> chop (jasmine is looking pudgy to say the least) and you should have
>> heard
>> the cries of horror!! They were all over me like a rash for about a week,
>> but figured out I wasn't cracking and gave up. They still gaze longingly
>> at
>> the fridge tho....if I gave in they'd be butterballs galore! And they are
>> bossy enough already....
>
> what do you have in the fridge that they want? I just keep my cans in
> the cupboard or on the shelf
>
> as it is, my two cats share two cans per day, sometimes i give them 3,
> that's when they show out
>
> they both munch from the same cake of food
> they both like the juice that comes out first, so i try to spread the
> juice so they can both have a lick before the cake actually comes out
> of the can, lmao
>
> I don't like those little gravy varieties.. i can never shake it all
> out of the can
>
I feed them raw chicken mince, as we have hurky/diarrhea problems with a lot
of tinned stuff. It's kept in the bottom of the fridge, along with any fish
(catfish of course) hubby catches for them. Their life's dream is to get
locked in that fridge.....and mine all share a bowl too. Works for lions....