PDA

View Full Version : Are "pop top" canned foods dangerous to cats?

Al Kondo
October 12th 06, 10:22 PM
I read recently that "pop top" canned cat foods have an ingredient
that can result in health problems for cats. Since I feed both of my
cats canned cat foods which come in these containers, I would like to
know.

Thanks, Al Kondo

krazy
October 13th 06, 12:39 AM
>I read recently that "pop top" canned cat foods have an ingredient
>that can result in health problems for cats. Since I feed both of my
>cats canned cat foods which come in these containers, I would like to
>know.
>
>Thanks, Al Kondo

What was the ingredient if you know??

Spot
October 13th 06, 02:09 AM
They are only dangerous if you let them lick the lid or container.

"Al Kondo" > wrote in message
>I read recently that "pop top" canned cat foods have an ingredient
> that can result in health problems for cats. Since I feed both of my
> cats canned cat foods which come in these containers, I would like to
> know.
>
> Thanks, Al Kondo

krazy
October 13th 06, 02:29 PM
I always make sure that the empties are taking care of so they can not
get at them especially where I have one pain-in-the-butt that tips the
trash can every chance he gets to see what he can drag out!!