PDA

View Full Version : sounds for company

October 13th 06, 12:08 AM
I was wondering if anyone knew some streaming station, like on
shoutcast, that might play just nature sounds or something like that?
Just thought it would be nice to pipe out for Dino during my work hours
to give him some stimulation.

cybercat
October 13th 06, 12:31 AM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
>I was wondering if anyone knew some streaming station, like on
> shoutcast, that might play just nature sounds or something like that?
> Just thought it would be nice to pipe out for Dino during my work hours
> to give him some stimulation.

Don't know about sounds, but do you have a window seat for him? For maybe
$20 you can get one of those shelves that attached to the window sill, and
this will keep Dino contented.

October 13th 06, 01:38 AM
They make those? I thought I'd have to make one. They put new windows
in my apt. and it has quite an uncomfortable divider in the middle for
a cat to lay down on.

cybercat wrote:
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >I was wondering if anyone knew some streaming station, like on
> > shoutcast, that might play just nature sounds or something like that?
> > Just thought it would be nice to pipe out for Dino during my work hours
> > to give him some stimulation.
> >

> Don't know about sounds, but do you have a window seat for him? For maybe
> $20 you can get one of those shelves that attached to the window sill, and
> this will keep Dino contented.

October 13th 06, 01:40 AM
But I would like some entertainment, for the winter. Heat costs too
much to leave the windows open 8 hours a day.

cybercat wrote:
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >I was wondering if anyone knew some streaming station, like on
> > shoutcast, that might play just nature sounds or something like that?
> > Just thought it would be nice to pipe out for Dino during my work hours
> > to give him some stimulation.
> >

> Don't know about sounds, but do you have a window seat for him? For maybe
> $20 you can get one of those shelves that attached to the window sill, and
> this will keep Dino contented.

Magic Mood JeepŠ
October 13th 06, 01:48 AM
In ups.com,
purred:
> But I would like some entertainment, for the winter. Heat costs too
> much to leave the windows open 8 hours a day.

Who said anything about leaving a window open? We have a couple, one store
bought and one homemade, that our cats LOVE. One is at a picture window,
and they will sit there, watch the squirrels, birds, rabbits, and at night,
raccoons & possums!

The other is at one of our bedroom windows, and right outside is a finch
feeder that only seems to attract goldfinches. I can always tell when there
are lots of birds on the feeder without even looking out the window by the
number of cat-heads staring with rapt attention out the window. This window
opens, but it's getting cooler now so it's not being opened. However, it
faces east and gets the morning sun. After I open the blinds in the
morning, there's a rush to see which cat get's the "heat lamp" window seat!
Among all my other cats, there are 3 black ones - and I wonder how they
don't burst into flames after they've been laying in the sun for hours, they
get that hot (makes me feel bad for the almost-all-white cats as they don't
get that same effect when they lay in the sun like that)!

> cybercat wrote:
>> > wrote in message
>> oups.com...
>>> I was wondering if anyone knew some streaming station, like on
>>> shoutcast, that might play just nature sounds or something like
>>> that? Just thought it would be nice to pipe out for Dino during my
>>> work hours to give him some stimulation.
>>>

>> Don't know about sounds, but do you have a window seat for him? For
>> maybe $20 you can get one of those shelves that attached to the
>> window sill, and this will keep Dino contented.
>>

>> --

October 13th 06, 01:55 AM
> wrote in message
ups.com...
> But I would like some entertainment, for the winter. Heat costs too
> much to leave the windows open 8 hours a day.

No, no, you close the window!

I have this one:

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/Prod_Display.cfm?pcatid=13035&N=2002+113199

The one without the heater. The fleece is nice, you can wash it.

You can get these for $20 at Walmart or Target. No hardware
necessary.

October 13th 06, 02:54 AM
Hmm great suggestions both. I know he loves hopping on ironing board
looking things like that. But it doesn't seem the same when the
windows are closed, muffled so much.

cybercat wrote:
> > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> > But I would like some entertainment, for the winter. Heat costs too
> > much to leave the windows open 8 hours a day.
> >

> No, no, you close the window!
>
> I have this one:
>
> http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/Prod_Display.cfm?pcatid=13035&N=2002+113199
>

> The one without the heater. The fleece is nice, you can wash it.
>
> You can get these for $20 at Walmart or Target. No hardware
> necessary.

October 13th 06, 03:49 AM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hmm great suggestions both. I know he loves hopping on ironing board
> looking things like that. But it doesn't seem the same when the
> windows are closed, muffled so much.

You're thinking sounds, I am thinking sights! I just know my cats love
the window seats!

October 13th 06, 03:59 AM
Mine too, though I think hearing and smell might be at least as big a
part of the package, but all those psychos may be a bit different :)
cybercat wrote:
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > Hmm great suggestions both. I know he loves hopping on ironing board
> > looking things like that. But it doesn't seem the same when the
> > windows are closed, muffled so much.
> >

> You're thinking sounds, I am thinking sights! I just know my cats love
> the window seats!

October 13th 06, 12:09 PM
> wrote in message
ps.com...
> Mine too, though I think hearing and smell might be at least as big a
> part of the package, but all those psychos may be a bit different :)

They can still hear through the closed window. I can tell because of the way
Gracie
races to get to her window seat when I hear a bird call.

Lately I have had a confused woodpecker bothering the corner of the house
where
we sleep, and there is no window nearby. It drives her crazy! She keeps
staring into
the corner by the dresser!

You know, there are all kinds of nature recordings in the "New Age"
category, maybe
next time you are in a music store you might look there.