PDA

View Full Version : The Foley Follies

LC
October 13th 06, 02:42 AM
The Foley Follies

by R. Emmett Tyrrell Jr.
Posted Oct 12, 2006

The political news from Washington has become an absolute epicurean delight.
If I dine more sumptuously on the Foley Follies I shall be in danger of
becoming crapulent. Of course, we need not dwell on the Hon. Foley. Days ago
this pathetico became only a peripheral figure in this delightful story.

Revolve this in your mind. The Democratic Party, that is to say, the party
of homosexual rights and homosexual marriage, is hounding the Republican
Party, that is the party of family values, for extending due process to one
of its own, the Hon. Foley, a homosexual Republican congressman, once a
Democrat and the founder of south central Florida's Lettuce Patch
Restaurant. Parents, even vegetarian parents, will want to steer their young
as far away as possible from that cutely named restaurant.

Precisely what were the Republicans to do about the Hon. Foley? On this the
Democrats are unclear once their indignant oaths fall silent. Apparently the
dull House Speaker Dennis Hastert was supposed to have been monitoring his
colleagues on the Hill and leapt to action at the first sign that one was
sending dirty messages to pages -- though it is only slowly becoming known
even by us readers of the vigilant American press who those pages are, how
old they were and whether they were baiting Foley for sport.

The Democrats have several other problems. They are the party that let the
Hon. Gerry Studds remain in Congress for more than a decade after he seduced
a male page with booze. About the time he was caught a Republican
congressman from the Midwest was accused of seducing a female page. The
Republican was not re-nominated. And then there is the Hon. Barney Frank, a
beacon of virtue and intelligence in the House of Representatives to this
day. It was discovered some years back that a homosexual friend of his was
running a house of ill repute out of Frank's Washington apartment. What did
the Democrats do about these indiscretions?

Or for that matter, what are they going to do about the discoveries of
Jeffrey Lord? Writing in Spectator.org, Lord reports on Rep. Nancy Pelosi
marching in a 2001 gay pride parade in San Francisco. Today Pelosi sounds
like this: "Republican leaders admitted to knowing about Mr. Foley's
abhorrent behavior for six months to a year and failed to protect children
in their trust." However, according to Lord, in that 2001 gay pride parade
who was striding a mere three spots away from Pelosi but Harry Hay, founder
of The Mattachine Society and a strong advocate of man/boy love. Upon Hay's
death in 2002 the North American Man/Boy Love Association ran on its Web
site several of his marmoreal declarations, one being, "Because if the
parents and friends of gays are truly friends of gays, they should know from
their gay kids that the relationship with an older man is precisely what
13-, 14-, and 15-year-old kids need more than anything else in the world."
Frankly I would have suggested that shooting hoops is important too, but
silly old me.

Now I think we can all agree that sending dirty e-mails to pages whether 16,
18, or whatever their ages might be is reprehensible and if done at
taxpayers' expense still more reprehensible. I have not seen the dirty
e-mails but I am told that some are as dirty as Bill Clinton's phone sex,
which, come to think of it, is another sex scandal that our Democratic
friends patiently indulged. Yet if an election on national defense in time
of war, homeland security, the prosecution of terrorists and a healthy
economy is to turn on the Republican leadership's treating Foley the way the
Democratic leadership treated Studds and Frank, I think we are all being a
bit frivolous.

While on the subject of the Republican leadership, may I ask why the
leadership has not yet made an issue of the abovementioned instances of
Democratic hypocrisy regarding sexual misbehavior? They seem pretty obvious.
Hastert has been as slow to address the Democrats' abysmal failure to
maintain standards on Capitol Hill as he was in acting on Foley. Actually he
has been as slow to address this hypocrisy as Pelosi has been to apologize
for appearing with Hay in that gay pride parade.

LC
October 13th 06, 03:47 AM
Schizophrenic shut-in "J Young" aka "IBen Getiner"
>,all dressed up as "LC", forged in message

<into the litter box with IBen's crap>

Pretty lame forgery, "IBen".

Forwarded to

"JYoung/IBen is a loudmouth chicken**** who soils his britches at the sight