PDA

View Full Version : Question about shots/wormer

Coleah
October 13th 06, 04:36 PM
Is there a particular time frame after a kitten has gotten its initial
shots/wormer when these should be updated?

Many thanks!

cybercat
October 13th 06, 06:04 PM
"Coleah" > wrote in message
> Is there a particular time frame after a kitten has gotten its initial
> shots/wormer when these should be updated?

Your vet should know.

Lynne
October 14th 06, 01:24 AM
Coleah wrote:
> Is there a particular time frame after a kitten has gotten its initial
> shots/wormer when these should be updated?
>
> Many thanks!

You definitely need to talk to your vet. I think the schedules depend
on age and perhaps even the type/brand of vaccinations. My kitten,
Levi was wormed and had his first shots last month and is getting
boosters every 3 weeks until (I can't remember when). I also had him
tested for FIV and FLP (both negative, yay!) but haven't decided if he
will get the leukemia vaccine since he is strictly an indoor cat.