PDA

View Full Version : -L-, how is PeeWee?

Rhonda
October 14th 06, 03:42 AM

-L.
October 14th 06, 05:32 AM
Rhonda wrote:

Sorry I didn't report back sooner -
Waiting for the urine and blood work to come back. There was no mass
that we can find! I'm not sure what I was feeling, but I didn't feel
it today, so who knows - I am sooo glad I am wrong! I will keep an eye
on that spot to make sure - I am still a bit leery about it. He does
have something funky going on with his right front leg. It turns in a
bit and we aren't sure why - no apparent pain. Got some ear meds for
both, and Mimi came back clean, so far. SO we are happy here. :)
Thanks for asking!

I didn't particularly like this vet. The good vet was on vaca so I had
to see her. I don't think I will go back to her - just a overall gut
feeling that I didn't particularly like.

-L.

cybercat
October 14th 06, 08:57 AM
"-L." > wrote in message
oups.com...

>There was no mass
> that we can find! I'm not sure what I was feeling, but I didn't feel
> it today, so who knows - I am sooo glad I am wrong!

Wow, me too, that is wonderful. Yay, Peewee!

[...]
> I didn't particularly like this vet. The good vet was on vaca so I had
> to see her. I don't think I will go back to her - just a overall gut
> feeling that I didn't particularly like.

These feelings are important, I have found. We have intuition for a reason.

Mine fails at times because my general optimism and generosity take
over. As I get older, of course, I feel certain these good traits will be
completely beaten out of me. lol

I hope the other tests come back great too!

-L.
October 14th 06, 09:46 AM
cybercat wrote:

> Wow, me too, that is wonderful. Yay, Peewee!

Thanks. I am still puzzled at what I was feeling. It may have been a
hairball caught someplace high as he barfed a bid one yesterday...?
But it seemed really hard, so I was *sure* it was a tumor...

<snip>

> These feelings are important, I have found. We have intuition for a reason.

Yes.

> Mine fails at times because my general optimism and generosity take
> over.

I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt when it's not warranted.
DH has taught me to be more cynical, which is a good thing and a bad
thing....

>As I get older, of course, I feel certain these good traits will be
> completely beaten out of me. lol

Ain't it the truth?!?

> I hope the other tests come back great too!

Thanks. For being old farts they are in relatively good shape. Mimi
has some serious arthritis in her hind quarters, though. I worry about
her a lot.

-L.

Rhonda
October 14th 06, 07:05 PM
-L. wrote:

> Sorry I didn't report back sooner -
> Waiting for the urine and blood work to come back. There was no mass
> that we can find! I'm not sure what I was feeling, but I didn't feel
> it today, so who knows - I am sooo glad I am wrong! I will keep an eye
> on that spot to make sure - I am still a bit leery about it. He does
> have something funky going on with his right front leg. It turns in a
> bit and we aren't sure why - no apparent pain. Got some ear meds for
> both, and Mimi came back clean, so far. SO we are happy here. :)
> Thanks for asking!
>
> I didn't particularly like this vet. The good vet was on vaca so I had
> to see her. I don't think I will go back to her - just a overall gut
> feeling that I didn't particularly like.

That is good news and a relief! They can give us such a scare (I almost
wrote "scar," but I suppose that would be correct too.}

Glad everyone can breathe again,

Rhonda

Candace
October 14th 06, 07:57 PM
-L. wrote:
> Rhonda wrote:
> >

> Sorry I didn't report back sooner -
> Waiting for the urine and blood work to come back. There was no mass
> that we can find! I'm not sure what I was feeling, but I didn't feel
> it today, so who knows - I am sooo glad I am wrong! I will keep an eye
> on that spot to make sure - I am still a bit leery about it. He does
> have something funky going on with his right front leg. It turns in a
> bit and we aren't sure why - no apparent pain. Got some ear meds for
> both, and Mimi came back clean, so far. SO we are happy here. :)
> Thanks for asking!
>
> I didn't particularly like this vet. The good vet was on vaca so I had
> to see her. I don't think I will go back to her - just a overall gut
> feeling that I didn't particularly like.
>
> -L.

That's great, Lyn. Mysterious, though. I hope everything continues to
be okay with him.

Candace

Magic Mood Jeep©
October 14th 06, 08:14 PM
In ,
Rhonda purred:
> -L. wrote:
>
>> Sorry I didn't report back sooner -
>> Waiting for the urine and blood work to come back. There was no mass
>> that we can find! I'm not sure what I was feeling, but I didn't feel
>> it today, so who knows - I am sooo glad I am wrong! I will keep an
>> eye on that spot to make sure - I am still a bit leery about it. He
>> does have something funky going on with his right front leg. It
>> turns in a bit and we aren't sure why - no apparent pain. Got some
>> ear meds for both, and Mimi came back clean, so far. SO we are
>> happy here. :) Thanks for asking!
>>
>> I didn't particularly like this vet. The good vet was on vaca so I
>> had to see her. I don't think I will go back to her - just a
>> overall gut feeling that I didn't particularly like.
>
> That is good news and a relief! They can give us such a scare (I
> almost wrote "scar," but I suppose that would be correct too.}
>
> Glad everyone can breathe again,
>
> Rhonda

While I may have -L. blocked for inflamatory and spiteful posts in another
group, I too am happy that her cats seem better, and that the ear-mite meds
seem to be doing their job!

--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

tension_on_the_wire
October 14th 06, 09:03 PM
-L. wrote:
> Waiting for the urine and blood work to come back. There was no mass
> that we can find! I'm not sure what I was feeling, but I didn't feel
> it today, so who knows - I am sooo glad I am wrong! I will keep an eye
> on that spot to make sure - I am still a bit leery about it. He does
> have something funky going on with his right front leg.

Hi -L.

I'm afraid I did not see the original post about this, but
I gather you found a mass that disappeared. Keep in
mind that fluid-filled cysts can have a tendency to do
this, varying the amount of fluid they contain, especially
if there is a communication with another chamber in the
body. My Luthien has a great big cyst on her back
which looks like the scariest tumor you ever saw,
and then, when I take her to the vet, it's almost
completely gone. It feels very solid when it is
full and tense with fluid, but when it is smaller,
only then can I feel the liquid fluctuating inside.

--tension

-L.
October 14th 06, 10:55 PM
tension_on_the_wire wrote:

> Hi -L.
>
> I'm afraid I did not see the original post about this, but
> I gather you found a mass that disappeared. Keep in
> mind that fluid-filled cysts can have a tendency to do
> this, varying the amount of fluid they contain, especially
> if there is a communication with another chamber in the
> body. My Luthien has a great big cyst on her back
> which looks like the scariest tumor you ever saw,
> and then, when I take her to the vet, it's almost
> completely gone. It feels very solid when it is
> full and tense with fluid, but when it is smaller,
> only then can I feel the liquid fluctuating inside.
>
> --tension

Yeah, I thought about that. It may not have showed on the x-ray
either. I am keeping an eye on him.

Thanks.

-L.

Snittens
October 15th 06, 12:15 AM
"-L." > wrote

> Sorry I didn't report back sooner -
> Waiting for the urine and blood work to come back. There was no mass
> that we can find!

Good news! Maybe it is just a cyst like Tension said. Good news about the
ears too. IKWYM about the vet.

Kelly