PDA

View Full Version : Crepuscular Creatures

cybercat
October 14th 06, 09:48 AM
Gracie is the most fun when I stay up too late or get up too early--because
cats are most active at dawn and dusk.

For her, the couple of hours before dawn are when she is Crazy Cat, doing
acrobatics and getting that wild look in her eye.

Whipping her head all around and doing Monkey Cat on the tall scratcher and
begging to play.

I can't get any work done, might just as well go back to bed. :)

Rhonda
October 14th 06, 07:06 PM
cybercat wrote:
> Gracie is the most fun when I stay up too late or get up too early--because
> cats are most active at dawn and dusk.
>
> For her, the couple of hours before dawn are when she is Crazy Cat, doing
> acrobatics and getting that wild look in her eye.
>
> Whipping her head all around and doing Monkey Cat on the tall scratcher and
> begging to play.
>
> I can't get any work done, might just as well go back to bed. :)

Or play with the cat! :)

Rhonda

cybercat
October 14th 06, 10:28 PM
"Rhonda" > wrote

> Or play with the cat! :)

haha! I did, too. Then answered an email and looked over and she was
starting to doze so I scooped her up and took her off to bed. When it is
cold she will sleep under the covers with me with her little flat head
sticking out. :D

Rhonda
October 15th 06, 06:59 AM
cybercat wrote:
> "Rhonda" > wrote
>
>>Or play with the cat! :)
>>

> haha! I did, too. Then answered an email and looked over and she was
> starting to doze so I scooped her up and took her off to bed. When it is
> cold she will sleep under the covers with me with her little flat head
> sticking out. :D

Ahhh, that is too cute. We used to have a Siamese who would sleep under
the covers with her head sticking out on the pillow right beside me, and
I loved it. I don't know about you, but when I looked at her like that
-- it just felt like all was right with the world.

Rhonda

-L.
October 15th 06, 10:09 AM
Rhonda wrote:

> Ahhh, that is too cute. We used to have a Siamese who would sleep under
> the covers with her head sticking out on the pillow right beside me, and
> I loved it. I don't know about you, but when I looked at her like that
> -- it just felt like all was right with the world.
>
> Rhonda

Peewee used to do that - and Mimi would be all the way under the covers
by my legs. I always worried about her smothering but she never seemed
concerned...When DH moved in, they got booted out of the bedroom
because he's allergic to them...poor kitties! Now they sleep with the
dog.

-L.

cybercat
October 15th 06, 06:59 PM
"Rhonda" > wrote in message
> cybercat wrote:
>> "Rhonda" > wrote
>>
>>>Or play with the cat! :)
>>>

>> haha! I did, too. Then answered an email and looked over and she was
>> starting to doze so I scooped her up and took her off to bed. When it is
>> cold she will sleep under the covers with me with her little flat head
>> sticking out. :D
>

> Ahhh, that is too cute. We used to have a Siamese who would sleep under
> the covers with her head sticking out on the pillow right beside me, and I
> loved it. I don't know about you, but when I looked at her like that -- it
> just felt like all was right with the world.

Yeah, Rhonda, exactly. What she does, is, she very politely approaches
me from down around my feet, vocalizing the whole way, polite little
queries, they sound like, "hi? you awake? feel like snuggling?" When she
reaches my waist she peers in my face and if I respond she greats me with
a bigger meow and trots right up beside me, then does "the boneless cat"
while I pet her. We fall asleep like that, and I usually pull the covers up
so she stays toasty. Meanwhile she is just purring like mad, and drooling
on the sheets. lol! I have never known a cat that likes love so much. I
think
she is part Siamese by her shape. Your kitty sounds adorable.

cybercat
October 15th 06, 08:00 PM
"Rhonda" > wrote>

I don't know about you, but when I looked at her like that
> -- it just felt like all was right with the world.

Just like ... when you have a fat and happy housecat dozing
in the sunshine, you have instant wellbeing, you know?

I mean, how bad can things really be?

Rhonda
October 17th 06, 04:59 AM
-L. wrote:
> Rhonda wrote:
>
>>Ahhh, that is too cute. We used to have a Siamese who would sleep under
>>the covers with her head sticking out on the pillow right beside me, and
>>I loved it. I don't know about you, but when I looked at her like that
>>-- it just felt like all was right with the world.
>>
>>Rhonda
>
> Peewee used to do that - and Mimi would be all the way under the covers
> by my legs. I always worried about her smothering but she never seemed
> concerned...When DH moved in, they got booted out of the bedroom
> because he's allergic to them...poor kitties! Now they sleep with the
> dog.

Maybe the hubby and the cats can change places every once in awhile? :)

Rhonda

Rhonda
October 17th 06, 05:03 AM
cybercat wrote:

> Yeah, Rhonda, exactly. What she does, is, she very politely approaches
> me from down around my feet, vocalizing the whole way, polite little
> queries, they sound like, "hi? you awake? feel like snuggling?" When she
> reaches my waist she peers in my face and if I respond she greats me with
> a bigger meow and trots right up beside me, then does "the boneless cat"
> while I pet her. We fall asleep like that, and I usually pull the covers up
> so she stays toasty. Meanwhile she is just purring like mad, and drooling
> on the sheets. lol! I have never known a cat that likes love so much. I
> think
> she is part Siamese by her shape. Your kitty sounds adorable.

It sounds like Gracie has you perfectly trained. That's the way it
should be! It's crazy what we will go through to make sure the cats are
comfy.

I can't believe the contortions I go through trying not to disturb the
cats on the bed.

We have a Siamese again, well, he and his sister have the coloring
although their mom is a gray and white tuxedo. Dude is the classic -- he
screams for hugs and gets panicky when I leave in the morning. I don't
know what it is about Siamese.

Rhonda