PDA

View Full Version : Cat losing a patch of fur

ksw139
October 14th 06, 04:30 PM
My cat, who is about 3 years old, has all of a sudden started losing
fur in a 6 inch by 2 inch patch above her right rear leg. She is
acting normal, and doesn't seem unhealthy other than this. Any
thoughts?

Kevin

Gail
October 14th 06, 05:54 PM
Maybe ringworm. Bring her to a vet.
Gail
"ksw139" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> My cat, who is about 3 years old, has all of a sudden started losing
> fur in a 6 inch by 2 inch patch above her right rear leg. She is
> acting normal, and doesn't seem unhealthy other than this. Any
> thoughts?
>
> Kevin

silvercelt
October 14th 06, 06:44 PM
Are there any marks?

ksw139 wrote:
> My cat, who is about 3 years old, has all of a sudden started losing
> fur in a 6 inch by 2 inch patch above her right rear leg. She is
> acting normal, and doesn't seem unhealthy other than this. Any
> thoughts?
>
> Kevin

ksw139
October 14th 06, 10:23 PM
No marks that I can see... it's just thinner hair now, and we can see
her skin there...

silvercelt wrote:
> Are there any marks?
>
> ksw139 wrote:
> > My cat, who is about 3 years old, has all of a sudden started losing
> > fur in a 6 inch by 2 inch patch above her right rear leg. She is
> > acting normal, and doesn't seem unhealthy other than this. Any
> > thoughts?
> >
> > Kevin

cybercat
October 14th 06, 10:27 PM
"ksw139" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> No marks that I can see... it's just thinner hair now, and we can see
> her skin there...

She is licking her fur off.

It's an anxiety thing.

Has anything changed lately that might be upsetting for her?

My cat did this until I stopped my other cat from coming into her
personal turf.

Once I did that, her hair grew back. You may have notices an increase
in upchucking hairballs due to the increased hair consumption.

Some cats just pull the fur out, but mine licked hers off.