PDA

View Full Version : Surgery is complete

Snittens
October 15th 06, 12:11 AM
Ana had her surgery. The vet removed 3 inches of intestine, she said (I'm
hoping I remember this all correctly) that basically about 2" of her
intestine was almost non-functioning, so that had to go, and then she took
half an inch on either side. She also did find some old feces in the colon
that she said should pass soon.
She is recouperating at the animal hospital, and should be able to come home
Monday, provided she has started eating and everything is going ok.

Thank you for all your positive thoughts and well wishes. We really do
appreciate it!

Kelly

Gail
October 15th 06, 12:16 AM
I hope she recovers quickly and easily.
Gail
"Snittens" > wrote in message
> Ana had her surgery. The vet removed 3 inches of intestine, she said (I'm
> hoping I remember this all correctly) that basically about 2" of her
> intestine was almost non-functioning, so that had to go, and then she took
> half an inch on either side. She also did find some old feces in the
> colon that she said should pass soon.
> She is recouperating at the animal hospital, and should be able to come
> home Monday, provided she has started eating and everything is going ok.
>
> Thank you for all your positive thoughts and well wishes. We really do
> appreciate it!
>
> Kelly

mlbriggs
October 15th 06, 01:23 AM
On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 19:11:25 -0400, Snittens wrote:

> Ana had her surgery. The vet removed 3 inches of intestine, she said (I'm
> hoping I remember this all correctly) that basically about 2" of her
> intestine was almost non-functioning, so that had to go, and then she took
> half an inch on either side. She also did find some old feces in the colon
> that she said should pass soon.
> She is recouperating at the animal hospital, and should be able to come home
> Monday, provided she has started eating and everything is going ok.
>
> Thank you for all your positive thoughts and well wishes. We really do
> appreciate it!
>
> Kelly

Sending lots of heartfelt purrs for a complete healing. MLB

Rhonda
October 15th 06, 06:51 AM
Kelly,

Thanks for letting us know. I was wondering how it was going today.

That's wonderful that the surgery went well. I hope she recuperates
quickly. I'm sure she will get lots of TLC when she gets home!

Keep us posted,

Rhonda

Snittens wrote:
> Ana had her surgery. The vet removed 3 inches of intestine, she said (I'm
> hoping I remember this all correctly) that basically about 2" of her
> intestine was almost non-functioning, so that had to go, and then she took
> half an inch on either side. She also did find some old feces in the colon
> that she said should pass soon.
> She is recouperating at the animal hospital, and should be able to come home
> Monday, provided she has started eating and everything is going ok.
>
> Thank you for all your positive thoughts and well wishes. We really do
> appreciate it!
>
> Kelly

meeee
October 15th 06, 08:25 AM
Woohooo! I'm so glad surgery went well, bet you are looking forward to
having her home to cuddle!!

"Snittens" > wrote in message
> Ana had her surgery. The vet removed 3 inches of intestine, she said (I'm
> hoping I remember this all correctly) that basically about 2" of her
> intestine was almost non-functioning, so that had to go, and then she took
> half an inch on either side. She also did find some old feces in the
> colon that she said should pass soon.
> She is recouperating at the animal hospital, and should be able to come
> home Monday, provided she has started eating and everything is going ok.
>
> Thank you for all your positive thoughts and well wishes. We really do
> appreciate it!
>
> Kelly

-L.
October 15th 06, 10:02 AM
Snittens wrote:
> Ana had her surgery. The vet removed 3 inches of intestine, she said (I'm
> hoping I remember this all correctly) that basically about 2" of her
> intestine was almost non-functioning, so that had to go, and then she took
> half an inch on either side. She also did find some old feces in the colon
> that she said should pass soon.
> She is recouperating at the animal hospital, and should be able to come home
> Monday, provided she has started eating and everything is going ok.
>
> Thank you for all your positive thoughts and well wishes. We really do
> appreciate it!
>
> Kelly

Sending good vibes for a speedy recovery! Poor baby!

-L.

Candace
October 15th 06, 10:36 PM
Snittens wrote:
> Ana had her surgery. The vet removed 3 inches of intestine, she said (I'm
> hoping I remember this all correctly) that basically about 2" of her
> intestine was almost non-functioning, so that had to go, and then she took
> half an inch on either side. She also did find some old feces in the colon
> that she said should pass soon.
> She is recouperating at the animal hospital, and should be able to come home
> Monday, provided she has started eating and everything is going ok.
>
> Thank you for all your positive thoughts and well wishes. We really do
> appreciate it!
>
> Kelly

Wishing Ana a speedy recovery and good health from now on. That little
kitty is lucky she got you for a cat mom, Kelly.

Candace

Phil P.
October 16th 06, 11:32 AM
"Snittens" > wrote in message
> Ana had her surgery. The vet removed 3 inches of intestine, she said (I'm
> hoping I remember this all correctly) that basically about 2" of her
> intestine was almost non-functioning, so that had to go, and then she took
> half an inch on either side. She also did find some old feces in the
colon
> that she said should pass soon.
> She is recouperating at the animal hospital, and should be able to come
home
> Monday, provided she has started eating and everything is going ok.
>
> Thank you for all your positive thoughts and well wishes. We really do
> appreciate it!
>
> Kelly

I'm happy surgery went well. Did your vet give you a potassium supplement
for her?

Did you send me your email? (topcatAtmaxshouseDOTcom)

Phil

Snittens
October 18th 06, 02:32 AM
"Phil P." > wrote
> I'm happy surgery went well. Did your vet give you a potassium supplement
> for her?

No, she didn't. She was discharged on Baytril and an anti-nausea med (name
escapes me).

> Did you send me your email? (topcatAtmaxshouseDOTcom)

OK, I used the wrong addy. Thanks will send again.

Kelly