PDA

View Full Version : Adopted Cat - Afraid of Bathtub/Bathroom

VelvetVellocet
October 15th 06, 03:20 AM
Hi Gang! I posted this subject a few months ago (check archives - same
subject and writer).

Well, my fuzzy friend "Sugar" has finally adjusted to the litterbox
routine.

After 2 months I was able to move his litterbox out of my BEDROOM!
Darnit! Wafting cat poo smell for 2 months!

Anyhow, I placed the box in a second bathroom and he is using it!

He is such a bundle of fun! Love him to bits!

I figured out that the trauma was associated with a bathtub, and he was
terrified of any room with a bathtub.

The bathroom where his box is now, has a bathtub/shower combo, but he's
so comfortable here now after 2 months that he is not afraid of going
in there to do his business.

The advice you all gave me was great, but Sugar figured it out on his
own.

He knows he has a loving home and is very very happy here!

Thanks again!

Rhonda
October 15th 06, 06:55 AM
I'm glad you worked it out with Sugar. I know you were having a bit of a
standoff with him last time, but sounds like you two came to a good
agreement.

Give him a scritch from me.

Rhonda