PDA

View Full Version : best magnetic cat door?

Maxine G
October 16th 06, 01:51 AM
Hi. I just adopted two cats. They are indoor/outdoor, but of course we're
keeping them indoors initially until they get used to being here.

Can someone recommend a particular brand of magnetic cat door? We have
raccoons in the neighborhood who would love to come in, so we can't use
just a plain flap.

I had figured on keeping the cats indoors for a week or so. I talked to
someone who said 4-6 months! That seems extreme. What do you all think?

Thanks,
Maxine

--
mgusenet at pcg dot net

Lynne
October 16th 06, 02:15 AM
On Oct 15, 8:51 pm, Maxine G > wrote:
> Hi. I just adopted two cats. They are indoor/outdoor, but of course we're
> keeping them indoors initially until they get used to being here.
>
> Can someone recommend a particular brand of magnetic cat door? We have
> raccoons in the neighborhood who would love to come in, so we can't use
> just a plain flap.
>
> I had figured on keeping the cats indoors for a week or so. I talked to
> someone who said 4-6 months! That seems extreme. What do you all think?
>
> Thanks,
> Maxine
>
> --
> mgusenet at pcg dot net

please consider keeping them inside permanently. It will be better for
their safety, health and longevity.

If you feel you absolutely must let them outside, keep them inside for
2 weeks prior. That always worked with my previous 2 cats, and I moved
frequently. However I also didn't know then what I know now and I keep
my cats indoors where they are safe.

krazy
October 16th 06, 01:53 PM
>> Hi. I just adopted two cats. They are indoor/outdoor, but of course we're
>> keeping them indoors initially until they get used to being here.
>>
>> Can someone recommend a particular brand of magnetic cat door? We have
>> raccoons in the neighborhood who would love to come in, so we can't use
>> just a plain flap.
>>
>> I had figured on keeping the cats indoors for a week or so. I talked to
>> someone who said 4-6 months! That seems extreme. What do you all think?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Maxine
>>
>> --
>> mgusenet at pcg dot net

>please consider keeping them inside permanently. It will be better for
>their safety, health and longevity.
>
>If you feel you absolutely must let them outside, keep them inside for
>2 weeks prior. That always worked with my previous 2 cats, and I moved
>frequently. However I also didn't know then what I know now and I keep
>my cats indoors where they are safe.

I second that!! I have 4 babies which are all indoors only. I have
picked up too many dead cats that became road kill and have had to had
too many put down because of diseases and / or injuries!!

barb
October 16th 06, 04:32 PM
Please develop an outdoor pen for the cats so they can step out through
their door and get fresh air without harm coming to them. They will love
it.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

Maxine G
October 16th 06, 07:38 PM
Hi again. I appreciate all the advice about not letting the cat roam free,
but can we get back to my original question? Any recommendations on
specific magnetic cat doors?!?

Thanks,
Maxine

Maxine G > wrote in