PDA

View Full Version : Monday morning Luna update

Kitkat
October 16th 06, 04:21 PM
Hi all,
Luna is about the same as she has been since Friday. She is still
sneezing and seems pretty lethargic, though she does get up to eat,
drink and use the litter box.

I just spoke with the vet and the results of her blood tests were normal
except for one thing. Her red blood cell count was a little low, so she
is slightly anemic. There was nothing wrong with her kidneys, liver or
thyroid. She does not have diabetes. Her electrolytes are fine. Her
urine sample was also fine. No sign of infection in the urine.

The vet said that since Luna has not really improved over the weekend,
she does now want to go ahead and put her on an antibiotic and see if
she clears up within a few days. She feels that the low red blood cell
count could either be from her fighting an infection or even a lab
error. The blood count was not alarmingly low, so the vet was not
alarmingly concerned.

So, that is all I know for now. Hopefully she clears up withing a few
days and if not, we proceed with more testing (like x-rays and stuff.)

If anyone has an insight or info, I'd be very open to hearing it! (PhilP
or -Lyn...I'm looking your way! :) )

I'm now off to a funeral. The fun never stops.

Pam

meeee
October 17th 06, 04:00 AM
:( Hugs and purrs that Luna feels better soon!
"Kitkat" > wrote in message
. com...
> Hi all,
> Luna is about the same as she has been since Friday. She is still sneezing
> and seems pretty lethargic, though she does get up to eat, drink and use
> the litter box.
>
> I just spoke with the vet and the results of her blood tests were normal
> except for one thing. Her red blood cell count was a little low, so she is
> slightly anemic. There was nothing wrong with her kidneys, liver or
> thyroid. She does not have diabetes. Her electrolytes are fine. Her urine
> sample was also fine. No sign of infection in the urine.
>
> The vet said that since Luna has not really improved over the weekend, she
> does now want to go ahead and put her on an antibiotic and see if she
> clears up within a few days. She feels that the low red blood cell count
> could either be from her fighting an infection or even a lab error. The
> blood count was not alarmingly low, so the vet was not alarmingly
> concerned.
>
> So, that is all I know for now. Hopefully she clears up withing a few days
> and if not, we proceed with more testing (like x-rays and stuff.)
>
> If anyone has an insight or info, I'd be very open to hearing it! (PhilP
> or -Lyn...I'm looking your way! :) )
>
> I'm now off to a funeral. The fun never stops.
>
> Pam

Lynne
October 17th 06, 02:06 PM
Kitkat > wrote in news:psNYg.15218$e66.13834
@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com:

> Hi all,
> Luna is about the same as she has been since Friday. She is still
> sneezing and seems pretty lethargic, though she does get up to eat,
> drink and use the litter box.

I hope Luna is feeling better today!

--
"Lynne" lover of mutts and feral kitties

Rene S.
October 17th 06, 05:51 PM
Kitkat wrote:
> Hi all,
> Luna is about the same as she has been since Friday. She is still
> sneezing and seems pretty lethargic, though she does get up to eat,
> drink and use the litter box.
>
> I just spoke with the vet and the results of her blood tests were normal
> except for one thing. Her red blood cell count was a little low, so she
> is slightly anemic. There was nothing wrong with her kidneys, liver or
> thyroid. She does not have diabetes. Her electrolytes are fine. Her
> urine sample was also fine. No sign of infection in the urine.
>
> The vet said that since Luna has not really improved over the weekend,
> she does now want to go ahead and put her on an antibiotic and see if
> she clears up within a few days. She feels that the low red blood cell
> count could either be from her fighting an infection or even a lab
> error. The blood count was not alarmingly low, so the vet was not
> alarmingly concerned.
>
> So, that is all I know for now. Hopefully she clears up withing a few
> days and if not, we proceed with more testing (like x-rays and stuff.)
>
> If anyone has an insight or info, I'd be very open to hearing it! (PhilP
> or -Lyn...I'm looking your way! :) )
>
> I'm now off to a funeral. The fun never stops.
>
> Pam

I'm hoping things are better today. Though she isn't quite herself,
it's great that she's eating and eliminating. Keep the faith!

Kitkat
October 17th 06, 11:06 PM
Lynne wrote:
> Kitkat > wrote in news:psNYg.15218$e66.13834
> @newssvr13.news.prodigy.com:
>

>>Hi all,
>>Luna is about the same as she has been since Friday. She is still
>>sneezing and seems pretty lethargic, though she does get up to eat,
>>drink and use the litter box.
>

> I hope Luna is feeling better today!

As of today, Tuesday, she is still sniffling and sneezing, but seems a
bit more active. Yesterday was day 1 of antibiotics, I suppose I gotta
give it a *little* more time to work! But, I'm still feeling very uneasy!

Thanks for your thoughts, Lynne!
:)
Pam