PDA

View Full Version : Bloodwork update on Peewee and Mimi

-L.
October 17th 06, 09:13 AM
Got the bloods back for Peewee and Mimi. Pee's T4 was marginally high
(2.6), so we ran the free-T4 test and it came up marginally high again
- which is *exactly* what it was in 2003, so I think he probably just
runs marginally high. All other tests were ok. His WBC was sligtly
low, but that could be the blood sitting around too long. Mimi checked
out fine on all accounts. Both cats have lost weight (which I knew),
but considering they are 15 and 16, I'm not too worried about it. My
biggest concern now is finding a new vet - the vet I liked in the
practice is retiring. I HATE trying vets until I can find one I like.
The vets around here suck. One option is the mobile vet who I used to
euthanize my dog - she was an incredible comfort during that trauma,
and I suspect she is a very good vet, medically, as well. She charges
$35 just to come out, but it may be worth the extra fee to have peace
of mind.

-L.

cybercat
October 17th 06, 04:49 PM
"-L." > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Got the bloods back for Peewee and Mimi. Pee's T4 was marginally high
> (2.6), so we ran the free-T4 test and it came up marginally high again
> - which is *exactly* what it was in 2003, so I think he probably just
> runs marginally high. All other tests were ok.

I'm glad everyone is okay! I still wonder what that mass was that you felt,
that is weird.

-L.
October 17th 06, 08:11 PM
cybercat wrote:
> "-L." > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> > Got the bloods back for Peewee and Mimi. Pee's T4 was marginally high
> > (2.6), so we ran the free-T4 test and it came up marginally high again
> > - which is *exactly* what it was in 2003, so I think he probably just
> > runs marginally high. All other tests were ok.
>
> I'm glad everyone is okay! I still wonder what that mass was that you felt,
> that is weird.

It is weird. When he's in a better mood I may palpitate him again.

-L.

Rhonda
October 17th 06, 10:40 PM
I'm glad the blood tests came back pretty much as expected.

Hope you find a good vet. I hate it when you lose a good one and have to
start looking again. It takes awhile to build that trust and I don't
like the "trying them out" times either. When we moved, we got a
reference for a good vet and then took a cat in for something minor,
with the main reason for the visit being to interview the vet.

Good luck,

Rhonda

-L. wrote:
> Got the bloods back for Peewee and Mimi. Pee's T4 was marginally high
> (2.6), so we ran the free-T4 test and it came up marginally high again
> - which is *exactly* what it was in 2003, so I think he probably just
> runs marginally high. All other tests were ok. His WBC was sligtly
> low, but that could be the blood sitting around too long. Mimi checked
> out fine on all accounts. Both cats have lost weight (which I knew),
> but considering they are 15 and 16, I'm not too worried about it. My
> biggest concern now is finding a new vet - the vet I liked in the
> practice is retiring. I HATE trying vets until I can find one I like.
> The vets around here suck. One option is the mobile vet who I used to
> euthanize my dog - she was an incredible comfort during that trauma,
> and I suspect she is a very good vet, medically, as well. She charges
> $35 just to come out, but it may be worth the extra fee to have peace
> of mind.
>
> -L.

meeee
October 18th 06, 02:27 AM
"-L." > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Got the bloods back for Peewee and Mimi. Pee's T4 was marginally high
> (2.6), so we ran the free-T4 test and it came up marginally high again
> - which is *exactly* what it was in 2003, so I think he probably just
> runs marginally high. All other tests were ok. His WBC was sligtly
> low, but that could be the blood sitting around too long. Mimi checked
> out fine on all accounts. Both cats have lost weight (which I knew),
> but considering they are 15 and 16, I'm not too worried about it. My
> biggest concern now is finding a new vet - the vet I liked in the
> practice is retiring. I HATE trying vets until I can find one I like.
> The vets around here suck. One option is the mobile vet who I used to
> euthanize my dog - she was an incredible comfort during that trauma,
> and I suspect she is a very good vet, medically, as well. She charges
> $35 just to come out, but it may be worth the extra fee to have peace
> of mind.
>
> -L.

I'd have to agree....if the other vets are useless, the extra $30 is better
than missing something serious/being misdiagnosed. And it will also be
easier on your babies to have their checkups at home anyway, especially as
they get older. I'm glad everything looks good, it's always a sigh of
relief, isn't it.

Snittens
October 18th 06, 02:30 AM
Glad everything is OK. I hate trying to find vets, and doctors for that
matter. I lucked out with this new vet, basically went through the phone
book trying to get an appt. She's been pretty good.

Kelly

ups.com...