PDA

View Full Version : Folks, really no candles, ok?


dgk
October 18th 06, 06:03 PM
Just use the electric ones.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15317373/

Matthew
October 18th 06, 06:58 PM
"dgk" > wrote in message
...
> Just use the electric ones.
>
> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15317373/
>
>

Yeah I post something similar to this one in the other group sad ending
tough lesson to learn

Buddy's Mom
October 18th 06, 07:32 PM
I quit using candles years and years ago. Kitties like to put their
nose in the flame and burn off their wiskers.

dgk wrote:
> Just use the electric ones.
>
> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15317373/

dgk
October 18th 06, 08:45 PM
On 18 Oct 2006 11:32:15 -0700, "Buddy's Mom" > wrote:

>I quit using candles years and years ago. Kitties like to put their
>nose in the flame and burn off their wiskers.
>
>dgk wrote:
>> Just use the electric ones.
>>
>> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15317373/

I would have thought it was obvious and I hate to blame someone but
really, that's dumb.

RobZip
October 19th 06, 12:47 AM
"Buddy's Mom" > wrote in message
ps.com...
>I quit using candles years and years ago. Kitties like to put their
> nose in the flame and burn off their wiskers.
>

Or drag their tails across it with speeding kitty flambe as the result.

Outsider
October 19th 06, 08:04 PM
dgk > wrote in news:[email protected]
4ax.com:

> Just use the electric ones.
>
> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15317373/
>
>



So the human woman with a human brain lights a candle where a cat runs
around AND she is wheelchair bound herself so even less likely to prevent a
catastrophe than someone more mobile THEN when the cat knocks the candle
over she says the cat started the fire? Sorry to be harsh but it is her
fault her dog and cat are dead. What a horrible way for an animal to die.
When will people learn to be careful with fire?

mlbriggs
October 19th 06, 08:32 PM
On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 11:32:15 -0700, Buddy's Mom wrote:

> I quit using candles years and years ago. Kitties like to put their
> nose in the flame and burn off their wiskers.
>
> dgk wrote:
>> Just use the electric ones.
>>
>> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15317373/

I have also been wary of candles. When I was a child, my father fitted
our pumpkins on Halloween with small batteries and an electric light.
Back in those (very) old days, we heard of kids being set on fire on
Halloween from pumpkin candles. There were also many reports of Christmas
tree fires from candles. MLB