PDA

View Full Version : Info on non-surgical sterilization drugs for cats and dogs

-L.
October 20th 06, 06:36 PM
The drugs discussed in this website could have huge impact in poor
countries and would be great to use in feral populations here in the
US. They aren't perfect, so more research is needed to improve such
drugs.

http://www.acc-d.org/

-L.

naked on the phone
October 21st 06, 10:03 PM
======
-L. wrote:
> The drugs discussed in this website could have huge impact in poor
....They aren't perfect, so more research is needed to improve such
> drugs.
>
> http://www.acc-d.org/
>
> -L.

I had that idea once, remember? the morning after pill?

or... may as well bring this up.. it's not an interesting question
but suppose someones cat gets pregnant, can they take the cat
and have the would be kittens aborted? You know someones cat
has gotten pregnant, but the owners did not want the kittens...?

And sure Jupiter got out a couple of times recently, it happened to be
times
that she was not in heat, so she's not pregnant.

How would you feel about a cat abortion?

It's almost crazy... we stand up for animal rights
of course being responsible... we spay and neuter our pets...
to hell with any bitch wanting to have kittens..
she doesn't want to have kittens.. no more than she
desires to carry a load...

thing is... if we spay then that's no more obtrusive than an abortion
it's a drop in the bucket yes! but, cat abortions procedures would
lend to the over-population solution. simple.

has cat abortions been done before?

-L.
October 22nd 06, 09:22 AM
naked on the phone wrote:
> ======
> -L. wrote:
> > The drugs discussed in this website could have huge impact in poor
> ...They aren't perfect, so more research is needed to improve such
> > drugs.
> >
> > http://www.acc-d.org/
> >
> > -L.
>
> I had that idea once, remember? the morning after pill?

This is permanent sterilization in one dose.

> or... may as well bring this up.. it's not an interesting question
> but suppose someones cat gets pregnant, can they take the cat
> and have the would be kittens aborted?

Yes, it is done all the time.

>You know someones cat
> has gotten pregnant, but the owners did not want the kittens...?
>
> And sure Jupiter got out a couple of times recently, it happened to be
> times
> that she was not in heat, so she's not pregnant.

Get her spayed. Now!

> How would you feel about a cat abortion?

I have no qualms about it whatsoever and have participated in numerous
pregnant cat spays.
It is best done early, as it is a bit harder on the queen. The only
problem I had was wehn some dimwit wanted her "days from delivring" cat
spayed and then wanted us to "save the kittens!" What an idiot.

> It's almost crazy... we stand up for animal rights
> of course being responsible... we spay and neuter our pets...
> to hell with any bitch wanting to have kittens..
> she doesn't want to have kittens.. no more than she
> desires to carry a load...
>
> thing is... if we spay then that's no more obtrusive than an abortion
> it's a drop in the bucket yes! but, cat abortions procedures would
> lend to the over-population solution. simple.

They are done all the time.

> has cat abortions been done before?

They are done all the time.

-L.

-L.
October 22nd 06, 09:23 AM
naked on the phone wrote:

> thing is... if we spay then that's no more obtrusive than an abortion
> it's a drop in the bucket yes! but, cat abortions procedures would
> lend to the over-population solution. simple.
>
> has cat abortions been done before?

I should clarify - it is an abortive spay. To my knowledge there is no
way to abort a pregnancy other than during a spay. The
technology/drugs may exist but I have never seen them used.

-L.

naked on the phone
October 23rd 06, 09:53 AM
-L. wrote:

> I should clarify - it is an abortive spay. To my knowledge there is no
> way to abort a pregnancy other than during a spay. The
> technology/drugs may exist but I have never seen them used.
>
> -L.

Thanks
I figured it had come up before

so it's an abortive spay

"save the kittens?" lol
us higher ups need those dumbasses, else we wouldn't feel so damn smart
lol

just kidding

Just got up, and im up

what a fella to do!

well.. bout Jupiter, I am looking forward to getting the extra cash
it's coming, it's going to come real good

I've been behaving and saving see
so, it won't be long

i figured a way to keep her in when im coming and going
i have 2 inner doors, i realized if I open both those inner door...
they almost touch (in essense, once the two inner doors are open)
it creates a small foyer at the entrance I use most.

so ill fiddle with it and create some small latch to keep those two
TOGETHER...
when I am fixing to leave.. thsi way when I come back with a load of
say firewood
she won't bolt on me

cause IM IN CHARGE, IM THE MAN, I CALL THE SHOTS
lol, remember bush was quoted saying that?, so funny

IM THE MAN! :o
I CALL THE SHOTS :O

lmao

krazy
October 23rd 06, 05:32 PM

>> or... may as well bring this up.. it's not an interesting question
>> but suppose someones cat gets pregnant, can they take the cat
>> and have the would be kittens aborted?
>
>Yes, it is done all the time.

I know a person the volunteers in a spray and meuter clinic and she
says that they often get pregnant cats in there and they just abort
the kittens then spay the cat.

I was going to volunteer there until I found this out. I do not think
I could be part of that.

naked on the phone
October 24th 06, 03:53 AM
krazy wrote:

> I was going to volunteer there until I found this out. I do not think
> I could be part of that.

is it a large shelter? just curios.

you don't have to be in there when the procedure is taking place
you could help with the recovering patients see

I wouldnt' let that stop me

-L.
October 24th 06, 06:38 AM
krazy wrote:

> >> or... may as well bring this up.. it's not an interesting question
> >> but suppose someones cat gets pregnant, can they take the cat
> >> and have the would be kittens aborted?
> >
> >Yes, it is done all the time.
>

> I know a person the volunteers in a spray and meuter clinic and she
> says that they often get pregnant cats in there and they just abort
> the kittens then spay the cat.
>
> I was going to volunteer there until I found this out. I do not think
> I could be part of that.

<eyeball roll>

Go to a kill shelter where you will see barrels full of dead cats
euthanized daily for lack of homes. Then come back and tell me which
is worse - living, not being loved and dying a cold and lonley death at
a shelter, or never having been born at all.

The answer is black and white.

-L.

-L.
October 24th 06, 06:42 AM
naked on the phone wrote:
<snippy>

> well.. bout Jupiter, I am looking forward to getting the extra cash
> it's coming, it's going to come real good
>
> I've been behaving and saving see
> so, it won't be long

Do you have a low-cost S/N clinic in your neighborhood or a shelter
that you can call to see if you can get help in getting her spayed? I
would think that a town your size would have *something*. As a last
resort - ask your vet. Sometimes they will do it at cost of the need
is real.

-L.

naked on the phone
October 24th 06, 01:04 PM
-L. wrote:

> Do you have a low-cost S/N clinic in your neighborhood or a shelter
> that you can call to see if you can get help in getting her spayed? I
> would think that a town your size would have *something*. As a last
> resort - ask your vet. Sometimes they will do it at cost of the need
> is real.

yes we have a low cost s/n routine around here
you rendevous at the walmart, I would leave jupiter on a vet/bus/camper
or something.
they take them to roanoke.. do the work.. then bring them back on
sunday morning.

she would have to stay overnight. total cost $45 includes pain med.

to be honest? I set it up, i was scheduled to arrive, this has been
several months ago.
i slam forgot. it's not pretty to tell.. but I did, i totally forgot.
<sigh>

about "Krazy" (op)...

lets be adults here, there are many colleges and schools that will buy
a dead cat for $3 per cat. the cat can't be over so many pounds.. but
that's the only requirement.
The shelter freezes the animal, till the school comes and picks them
up.

yes i know, it sounds gruesome, but the schools study imo is well worth
the maturity needed to carry out this sort of action

it's about medicine, and learning

what do you think about that program?

-L.
October 24th 06, 05:51 PM
naked on the phone wrote:

> yes we have a low cost s/n routine around here
> you rendevous at the walmart, I would leave jupiter on a vet/bus/camper
> or something.
> they take them to roanoke.. do the work.. then bring them back on
> sunday morning.
>
> she would have to stay overnight. total cost $45 includes pain med.
>
> to be honest? I set it up, i was scheduled to arrive, this has been
> several months ago.
> i slam forgot. it's not pretty to tell.. but I did, i totally forgot.
> <sigh>

That's bad.

> about "Krazy" (op)...
>
> lets be adults here, there are many colleges and schools that will buy
> a dead cat for $3 per cat. the cat can't be over so many pounds.. but
> that's the only requirement.
> The shelter freezes the animal, till the school comes and picks them
> up.

I have never heard of that. The cats we dissected were embalmed and
cost about $50 each in 1981-85. They have their veins and arteries
injected with different colors of latex so that when you dissect them,
you can tell which is which. Necropsy on a dead, non-embalmed cat
would be useless to anyone who didn't already have a significant grasp
of feline anatomy.

> yes i know, it sounds gruesome, but the schools study imo is well worth
> the maturity needed to carry out this sort of action

I didn't learn anything from dissecting cats (or fetal pigs or human
hands) that I couldn't have learned from a model, books and videos. I
didn't have to stick my face in stinky dead things to memorize the
parts. I believe medical students should dissect whole dead people,
but for anyone else, dissection is a waste of time and animals. The
school where I went to undergrad also experimented on living dogs
(vivisection) which were purchased from a class-B animal dealer.
http://www.hsus.org/animals_in_research/general_information_on_animal_research/class_b_dealer_down_and_out.html
It was one of the sickest practices I have witnessed personally.
Ironically I worked for the biology department, so I saw the dogs in
the cages for the few weeks we had them, stacked on top of each other.
It is a sight ingrained in my mind. I also was the one who unpacked
and put away the dead cats when they arrived.

> it's about medicine, and learning
>
> what do you think about that program?

See above.

-L.

naked on the phone
October 25th 06, 05:49 AM
-L. wrote:

> See above.
>
> -L.

Im certain I don't know the half
I understand your views on this

I think there's nothing like the real thing when it comes to health and
education

-L.
October 25th 06, 07:49 AM
naked on the phone wrote:
> -L. wrote:
>
> > See above.
> >
> > -L.
>
> Im certain I don't know the half
> I understand your views on this
>
> I think there's nothing like the real thing when it comes to health and
> education

Let me just put it this way - dissection left a lasting impression on
me, and not in a good way. I resented having to do it my entire life
when I realized what a waste it was for the animals. There wasn't a
single thing I learned that I couldn't have achieved through other
means, and my memories of those courses and the information I learned
would be so much more pleasant than they are today, had I not been
foreced to do dissection. You do not have to look at the greater
omentum in person, to get an idea of how repulsive it truly is:
http://www.nvcc.edu/home/lmiller/atlas/Digestive%20System/Digestive%20index.html#picture_index

-L.

naked on the phone
October 26th 06, 03:35 AM
-L. wrote:
> naked on the phone wrote:
> > -L. wrote:
> >
> > > See above.
> > >
> > > -L.
> >
> > Im certain I don't know the half
> > I understand your views on this
> >
> > I think there's nothing like the real thing when it comes to health and
> > education
>
> Let me just put it this way - dissection left a lasting impression on
> me, and not in a good way...

this might have something to do with you licking the soap dish Lyn,
just an idea

just kidding, yes, I hear ya, and I sure am sorry, hind sight is 20/20

HEY! maybe you should sue them in a court of law.. heh? heh?
im sure you're not the only one, could be a class action tip

is this why you lean over the sink and lick the soap dish?
didn't you get caught at someones house licking their soap dish?...
how'd you get out of that one?

the one thing that scarred me (wish I hadn't seen it)..

"THE WICKER MAN" lmao, Im serious!

WHAT A SHOCKER

damn that was rough.

"ooooh my legs"...