PDA

View Full Version : Derm Caps or Drs Foster & Smith "Vitacaps" for allergic cats?

October 20th 06, 10:15 PM
Does anyone have experience with either? Some sites recommend this in
conjunction with Chlortrimeton for cats with allergies.

Derm Caps

http://www.1800petmeds.com/pdetail.asp?SK=10303

Derm Caps 10's For Petite & Miniature Breeds 60ct Bottle #10303

A concentrated fatty acid dietary supplement that promotes healthy skin and
soft & shiny coats on dogs and cats. Formulated with a combination of
Omega-6 and Omega-3 fatty acids such as Safflower Oil , Borage Seed Oil,
Fish Oil And Vitamin E.

Drs Foster and Smith Vitacaps:

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=3089
&Ntt=vitacaps&Ntk=All&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Np=1&pc=1&N=0&Nty=1

Highly concentrated source of marine lipid fatty acids is what your cat
needs for healthy skin. Especially rich in Omega-3 marine lipids, used by
veterinarians to alleviate dry, flaky skin and lessen incessant scratching
caused by allergies. In fact, we have 20%30% more of the most effective
Omega-3s per capsule than our closest competitor. Vitacaps also contains
the antioxidants Vitamin A and Vitamin C plus the vital mineral Zinc, all
of which are necessary to help your pet build healthier skin and a quality
haircoat. Our competition does not. For cats and small dogs.

jmcquown
October 20th 06, 11:43 PM
wrote:
> Does anyone have experience with either? Some sites recommend this in
> conjunction with Chlortrimeton for cats with allergies.

I get the *liquid* Derm Caps (comes in a pump bottle) and add it to
Persia's food when she gets dry skin. She doesn't have a medical skin
condition; it just gets flaky when I have to turn on the heat in the winter.
Heck, my skin needs extra help then, too. It works a treat. I've not tried
anything else but again, hers is not a medical condition. Good luck!

> Derm Caps
>
> http://www.1800petmeds.com/pdetail.asp?SK=10303
>
> Derm Caps 10's For Petite & Miniature Breeds 60ct Bottle #10303
>
> A concentrated fatty acid dietary supplement that promotes healthy
> skin and soft & shiny coats on dogs and cats. Formulated with a
> combination of Omega-6 and Omega-3 fatty acids such as Safflower Oil
> , Borage Seed Oil, Fish Oil And Vitamin E.
>

> Drs Foster and Smith Vitacaps:
>

> http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=3089
> &Ntt=vitacaps&Ntk=All&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Np=1&pc=1&N=0&Nty=1
>

> Highly concentrated source of marine lipid fatty acids is what your
> cat needs for healthy skin. Especially rich in Omega-3 marine lipids,
> used by veterinarians to alleviate dry, flaky skin and lessen
> incessant scratching caused by allergies. In fact, we have 20%-30%
> more of the most effective Omega-3s per capsule than our closest
> competitor. Vitacaps also contains the antioxidants Vitamin A and
> Vitamin C plus the vital mineral Zinc, all of which are necessary to
> help your pet build healthier skin and a quality haircoat. Our
> competition does not. For cats and small dogs.

October 21st 06, 12:52 AM
"jmcquown" > wrote in
:

> I get the *liquid* Derm Caps (comes in a pump bottle) and add it to
> Persia's food when she gets dry skin. She doesn't have a medical skin
> condition; it just gets flaky when I have to turn on the heat in the
> winter. Heck, my skin needs extra help then, too. It works a treat.
> I've not tried anything else but again, hers is not a medical
> condition. Good luck!

Does she still eat all the food with the spray added, and what brand food
do you give her?

I'm assuming that the liquid version adds a flavor that cats like.