PDA

View Full Version : HELP My cat got home from Vet's + Wreaks of Pee, need shampoo

October 20th 06, 10:51 PM
My cat just came home today from a bout with a urinary blockage. The
vet cathiterized him for a few days to allow the blockage to pass. So,
he was soaking in urine for 3 days. I have washed him twice with baby
shampoo, but he still absolutely stinks! Does anyone know what I can
safely use to remove the stench from his fur??? Thanks

-L.
October 20th 06, 11:38 PM
wrote:
> My cat just came home today from a bout with a urinary blockage. The
> vet cathiterized him for a few days to allow the blockage to pass. So,
> he was soaking in urine for 3 days. I have washed him twice with baby
> shampoo, but he still absolutely stinks! Does anyone know what I can
> safely use to remove the stench from his fur??? Thanks

The vet should have bathed him for you. You can use any sort of
moisturizing shamoo, or Nature's Miracle Cat Shampoo or Skunk-Out, but
make sure you avoid his eyes and face. Once he is dry you can brush
some cornstarch-based baby powder (NOT the talc kind) into his fur to
help with the smell (they make a lavendar scent that works pretty
well). Other than that, you really need to let it wear off.

-L.

October 21st 06, 12:41 AM
Thanks, Toni