PDA

View Full Version : Cats and Old Spice stick deordorant

krazy
October 21st 06, 02:06 PM
I have on cat (Rascal) that flips out over Old Spice stick deordorant.

Shw has learned that when I get out of shower that I use it and will
not leave me alone until she gets her high!! She looks like a kitten
trying to suckle the way she goes after my ubderarms!! If I happen to
have any on my hands she will lick under evidently she gets it all and
actually at times bites my hands. It is she is on a high.

And all this from a cat that otherwise is a "Look but do not touch"
cat!!

Anyone else have a cat that does this?? Just wondering.

My furbabies

http://members.aol.com/larrystark/

krazy
October 21st 06, 02:36 PM

>I have one cat (Rascal) that flips out over Old Spice stick deordorant.
>
>She has learned that when I get out of shower that I use it and will
>not leave me alone until she gets her high!! She looks like a kitten
>trying to suckle the way she goes after my underarms!! If I happen to
>have any on my hands she will lick until evidently she gets it all and
>actually at times bites my hands. It is as if she is on a high.
>
>And all this from a cat that otherwise is a "Look but do not touch"
>cat!!
>
>Anyone else have a cat that does this?? Just wondering.
>

> My furbabies
>
> http://members.aol.com/larrystark/

Sorry about poor spelling in original post but here is a corrected
post!! Hard to pay attention when you have 3 furbabies wanting your
attention like they do the first thing in the morning!! :-)

Spot
October 21st 06, 03:42 PM
I had a cat who would act all goofy for olives but never anything like this.

Celeste

"krazy" > wrote in message

> I have on cat (Rascal) that flips out over Old Spice stick deordorant.
>
> Shw has learned that when I get out of shower that I use it and will
> not leave me alone until she gets her high!! She looks like a kitten
> trying to suckle the way she goes after my ubderarms!! If I happen to
> have any on my hands she will lick under evidently she gets it all and
> actually at times bites my hands. It is she is on a high.
>
> And all this from a cat that otherwise is a "Look but do not touch"
> cat!!
>
> Anyone else have a cat that does this?? Just wondering.
>

> My furbabies
>
> http://members.aol.com/larrystark/

mlbriggs
October 21st 06, 06:43 PM
On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 13:36:46 +0000, krazy wrote:

>>I have one cat (Rascal) that flips out over Old Spice stick deordorant.
>>
>>She has learned that when I get out of shower that I use it and will
>>not leave me alone until she gets her high!! She looks like a kitten
>>trying to suckle the way she goes after my underarms!! If I happen to
>>have any on my hands she will lick until evidently she gets it all and
>>actually at times bites my hands. It is as if she is on a high.
>>
>>And all this from a cat that otherwise is a "Look but do not touch"
>>cat!!
>>
>>Anyone else have a cat that does this?? Just wondering.
>>

>> My furbabies
>>
>> http://members.aol.com/larrystark/
>

> Sorry about poor spelling in original post but here is a corrected
> post!! Hard to pay attention when you have 3 furbabies wanting your
> attention like they do the first thing in the morning!! :-)

Regarding spelling errors: I have always been good at spelling, but my
computer seems to have a mind of its own. I have checked for spelling
errors faithfully but when the printed version comes out there are errors.
The other day, I wrote the word "too" and it printed "to". Sometimes
wods are dropped or sentences inverted. r

There is an example -- the "r" was dropped from the word and the "r"
appeared at the end nof the line. Does anybody know why? MLB

Jim Vecchiola KR2T
October 21st 06, 09:36 PM
I have one cat who does the same thing - only he uses (actually I use, he
sniffs) "Speed Stick" - especially musk scent. Is it the scent, or the other
stuff. The ingredients mention propylene glycol - isn't that what's in
antifreeze? If so, I've got to keep them away!!

Jim
"krazy" > wrote in message

> I have on cat (Rascal) that flips out over Old Spice stick deordorant.
>
> Shw has learned that when I get out of shower that I use it and will
> not leave me alone until she gets her high!! She looks like a kitten
> trying to suckle the way she goes after my ubderarms!! If I happen to
> have any on my hands she will lick under evidently she gets it all and
> actually at times bites my hands. It is she is on a high.
>
> And all this from a cat that otherwise is a "Look but do not touch"
> cat!!
>
> Anyone else have a cat that does this?? Just wondering.
>

> My furbabies
>
> http://members.aol.com/larrystark/

Lesley
October 22nd 06, 12:14 AM
Jim Vecchiola KR2T wrote:
> The ingredients mention propylene glycol - isn't that what's in
> antifreeze? If so, I've got to keep them away!!

Yep the same stuff keep cats away from it! Apprently they like the
taste but it's not good for their kidneys

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

GWB
October 22nd 06, 02:21 AM
On 21 Oct 2006 16:14:16 -0700, "Lesley" > wrote:

>Jim Vecchiola KR2T wrote:
>> The ingredients mention propylene glycol - isn't that what's in
>> antifreeze? If so, I've got to keep them away!!
>
>Yep the same stuff keep cats away from it! Apprently they like the
>taste but it's not good for their kidneys
>
>Lesley
>
>Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

No, that's polyethylene glycol.
Propylene glycol is used in food and medicines.
(and we cigar guys use it to regulate humidity in our humidors.)

Lesley
October 22nd 06, 12:50 PM
GWB wrote:
> No, that's polyethylene glycol.
> Propylene glycol is used in food and medicines.
> (and we cigar guys use it to regulate humidity in our humidors.)

I stand corrected also I didn't know that fact about humidors so I've
learnt my new fact for the day!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

GWB
October 22nd 06, 06:59 PM
On 22 Oct 2006 04:50:26 -0700, "Lesley" > wrote:

>GWB wrote:
>> No, that's polyethylene glycol.
>> Propylene glycol is used in food and medicines.
>> (and we cigar guys use it to regulate humidity in our humidors.)
>
>I stand corrected also I didn't know that fact about humidors so I've
>learnt my new fact for the day!
>
>Lesley
>
>Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Mixed 50/50 with distilled water (in a hunk of floral Oasis foam) it
will either absorb or expel water to keep the humidity at 70%.

Murph
October 22nd 06, 07:02 PM
I have a cat who is similarly interested in Gold Bond extra stength
lotion. Again, a product that contains propylene glycol. Regardless,
I do not give him access to it on my hands or any other way. Seems to
provide a reall high!

Lesley wrote:
> GWB wrote:
> > No, that's polyethylene glycol.
> > Propylene glycol is used in food and medicines.
> > (and we cigar guys use it to regulate humidity in our humidors.)
>
> I stand corrected also I didn't know that fact about humidors so I've
> learnt my new fact for the day!
>
> Lesley
>
> Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

kitkat via CatKB.com
October 22nd 06, 07:41 PM
I think there's an easy remedy for this problem. Stop using old spice and
swich to something else. You may like the smell but if it's unhealthy for
your pet then it should be replaced with another deodorant.

Perhaps not what you want to hear - but it seems the easiest way to address
the problem.

Murph wrote:
>I have a cat who is similarly interested in Gold Bond extra stength
>lotion. Again, a product that contains propylene glycol. Regardless,
>I do not give him access to it on my hands or any other way. Seems to
>provide a reall high!
>
>> > No, that's polyethylene glycol.
>> > Propylene glycol is used in food and medicines.
>[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]
>>
>> Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

krazy
October 23rd 06, 05:27 PM
Thanks for all the replies and suggestions. Guess it is time to try
different deordorant.