PDA

View Full Version : Kitten moving question for Feral cat

lsnider59
October 22nd 06, 01:09 AM
4 weeks ago a co-worker found a momma cat and 4 kittens [eyes unopened]
in an abandon gas pump used for parts. She moved them once we knew
they were there, but I started feeding her and she is waiting on
breakfast at 8 and supper at 5 everyday and I better not be late or I
miss her. She has gotten to the point of staying close when I put the
food out, but we still don't know what she has done with the kittens.
When they are 6 weeks old they will all be trapped and she will be
returned after a brief surgery and the kittens adopted.

I know nothing about cats. Will she bring the kittens to the food when
they are big enough?

Her name is Ethyl- short for Ethynal and she has a blog with her story
and photos at http://ethylferalcat.blogspot.com/

I can't find any information or at least I am not looking in the right
place and would love any help on this.

Lisa

kitkat via CatKB.com
October 22nd 06, 07:47 PM
hopefully the mommie is getting enough food to produce sufficient milk for
her kittens - is there any way you could cautiously follow the mother cat
after eating? She will hopefully lead you to the kittens.

If so I recommend calling the humane society of your area so the kittens can
be tpicked up aken care of in a safe environment.

If you don't want to keep the cats yourself then I think that's the best way.

Sadly you should prepare for the chance that the kittens were abandoned by
their mother.

lsnider59 wrote:
>4 weeks ago a co-worker found a momma cat and 4 kittens [eyes unopened]
>in an abandon gas pump used for parts. She moved them once we knew
>they were there, but I started feeding her and she is waiting on
>breakfast at 8 and supper at 5 everyday and I better not be late or I
>miss her. She has gotten to the point of staying close when I put the
>food out, but we still don't know what she has done with the kittens.
>When they are 6 weeks old they will all be trapped and she will be
>returned after a brief surgery and the kittens adopted.
>
>I know nothing about cats. Will she bring the kittens to the food when
>they are big enough?
>
>Her name is Ethyl- short for Ethynal and she has a blog with her story
>and photos at http://ethylferalcat.blogspot.com/
>
>I can't find any information or at least I am not looking in the right
>place and would love any help on this.
>
>Lisa

lsnider59
October 23rd 06, 11:01 AM
One Sat. morning I did sit and watch to see what she did after eating
she went down and disaapeared in a patch of wooded area. I didn't
follow in the woods, never know what is under foot and I was alone.
The Cat Rescue place is going to trap all when the kittens are old
enough which is there only policy, they didn't have a place for her and
the babies the day they were found.

I hate to tell the others [especially the one that found them] she may
have abandoned them. Wouldn't they be able to walk yet and come out to
the food?

kitkat via CatKB.com wrote:
> hopefully the mommie is getting enough food to produce sufficient milk for
> her kittens - is there any way you could cautiously follow the mother cat
> after eating? She will hopefully lead you to the kittens.
>
> If so I recommend calling the humane society of your area so the kittens can
> be tpicked up aken care of in a safe environment.
>
> If you don't want to keep the cats yourself then I think that's the best way.
>

> Sadly you should prepare for the chance that the kittens were abandoned by
> their mother.
>
> lsnider59 wrote:
> >4 weeks ago a co-worker found a momma cat and 4 kittens [eyes unopened]
> >in an abandon gas pump used for parts. She moved them once we knew
> >they were there, but I started feeding her and she is waiting on
> >breakfast at 8 and supper at 5 everyday and I better not be late or I
> >miss her. She has gotten to the point of staying close when I put the
> >food out, but we still don't know what she has done with the kittens.
> >When they are 6 weeks old they will all be trapped and she will be
> >returned after a brief surgery and the kittens adopted.
> >
> >I know nothing about cats. Will she bring the kittens to the food when
> >they are big enough?
> >
> >Her name is Ethyl- short for Ethynal and she has a blog with her story
> >and photos at http://ethylferalcat.blogspot.com/
> >
> >I can't find any information or at least I am not looking in the right
> >place and would love any help on this.
> >
> >Lisa

Rhonda
October 25th 06, 06:06 AM
I think it was about 3 weeks old when our kittens started venturing out
of the nest, but that was inside the house.

I hope the rescue society can find the kittens and tame them.

Rhonda