PDA

View Full Version : My Cats Are Fickled

Clyde
October 24th 06, 02:23 AM
I've bemoaned the strange behavior of our two female littermates before on
this NG. They basically treat me like dog doo whenever my wife is present.

It's gotten so bad that they will let me pet them generously from head to
toe, rolling around on the floor from side to side while I administer the
proper affectionate outpooring. This can go on as long as my wife is not
where she can see our exchange.

If my wife walks in the room, whichever cat I'm giving attention to jumps
up, let's out a howell, and runs just far enough to curse me out and
perhaps give me a good hiss.

What did I ever do to deserve this??

mlbriggs
October 25th 06, 01:31 AM
On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 01:23:12 +0000, Clyde wrote:

> I've bemoaned the strange behavior of our two female littermates before on
> this NG. They basically treat me like dog doo whenever my wife is present.
>
> It's gotten so bad that they will let me pet them generously from head to
> toe, rolling around on the floor from side to side while I administer the
> proper affectionate outpooring. This can go on as long as my wife is not
> where she can see our exchange.
>
> If my wife walks in the room, whichever cat I'm giving attention to jumps
> up, let's out a howell, and runs just far enough to curse me out and
> perhaps give me a good hiss.
>
> What did I ever do to deserve this??

She is the one who feeds them. MLB

meeee
October 25th 06, 01:59 AM
"mlbriggs" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 01:23:12 +0000, Clyde wrote:
>
>> I've bemoaned the strange behavior of our two female littermates before
>> on
>> this NG. They basically treat me like dog doo whenever my wife is
>> present.
>>
>> It's gotten so bad that they will let me pet them generously from head to
>> toe, rolling around on the floor from side to side while I administer the
>> proper affectionate outpooring. This can go on as long as my wife is not
>> where she can see our exchange.
>>
>> If my wife walks in the room, whichever cat I'm giving attention to jumps
>> up, let's out a howell, and runs just far enough to curse me out and
>> perhaps give me a good hiss.
>>
>> What did I ever do to deserve this??
>

> She is the one who feeds them. MLB

Lol...my DH complains of this too....they're all lovin' on him until I turn
up...I've told him to start feeding them!

Clyde
October 25th 06, 01:27 PM

> She is the one who feeds them. MLB

Actually, I do feed them about a third of the time. Sometimes when I do,
one or both of them won't even eat untill my wife touches the feed bowl.
It's like I have cooties and she must scare them away before they can
safely eat the food.

If I am eating something they truly love, they will both lower themselves
to letting me hand feed them. If I set a glass of water on the floor next
to my easy chair while I watch TV, they will both come and drink out of my
glass as long as they can get their heads into the glass far enough to
reach the water with their tongues.

I stand by the fickled theory!

Thanks for your reply.

Clyde
October 25th 06, 01:33 PM

> Lol...my DH complains of this too....they're all lovin' on him until I
> turn up...I've told him to start feeding them!

See my reply to mlbrigs.

Thanks for your reply!

22brix
October 25th 06, 04:31 PM
"Clyde" > wrote in message

>> She is the one who feeds them. MLB
>>

> Actually, I do feed them about a third of the time. Sometimes when I do,
> one or both of them won't even eat untill my wife touches the feed bowl.
> It's like I have cooties and she must scare them away before they can
> safely eat the food.
>
> If I am eating something they truly love, they will both lower themselves
> to letting me hand feed them. If I set a glass of water on the floor next
> to my easy chair while I watch TV, they will both come and drink out of my
> glass as long as they can get their heads into the glass far enough to
> reach the water with their tongues.
>
> I stand by the fickled theory!
>
> Thanks for your reply.

lol. I'm the favored one in my family and it drives my husband crazy that a
couple of my cats still look at him in absolute terror! I have one
semi-feral cat that will accept food from him when I'm not around but won't
have anything to do with him if I'm any where near. He's gentle with them,
feeds them. I think in our case, my husband is noisier than I am--his voice
is lower and louder, his footfalls are louder, he tends to close doors
noisier than I do, and he doesn't play with them as much as I do. I think
cats are fickled some of the time!