PDA

View Full Version : gaining trust

amzy
October 24th 06, 04:51 PM
please can somebody help me i got a cat about 7 weeks ago now and he is about
14 weeks old when we first got him he was very ill but now he is better but
now the only problem is that we cant go upto him or walk near him or he will
run away but if your sat on the sofa he might come upto you and maybe jump
and sat on your knee or he will sleep in the same bed as you is this all
normal for a cat of his age or does he just hate us please can you give me
some tips on how to make him trust us please help us !!!

Matthew
October 24th 06, 04:57 PM
Where did he come form a shelter or the roadside.
Some cats are just shy of humans. It takes time for an animal to except
people.

Animals don't hate people they may mistrust people. Which is not in your
case he jumps up when you sit or sleeps with you in the same bed. Here is
a question does the furball turn his back to you and lay down to go to
sleep that is a sigh of complete trust in the animal world.

He shys away when you walk up to him some cats are like that. My rumble
who I love dearly does this sometimes cats are cats. You need to have
patience. If you want him to stay around you need to socialize a little
more with him. Take some treats or catnip call to him. When you get near
him start calling his name so you don't scare him or make him nervous. Let
him come to you also get him used to the idea of humans as friends

"amzy" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> please can somebody help me i got a cat about 7 weeks ago now and he is
> about
> 14 weeks old when we first got him he was very ill but now he is better
> but
> now the only problem is that we cant go upto him or walk near him or he
> will
> run away but if your sat on the sofa he might come upto you and maybe jump
> and sat on your knee or he will sleep in the same bed as you is this all
> normal for a cat of his age or does he just hate us please can you give me
> some tips on how to make him trust us please help us !!!

October 24th 06, 05:30 PM

Matthew wrote:
> Where did he come form a shelter or the roadside.
> Some cats are just shy of humans. It takes time for an animal to except
> people.
>
> Animals don't hate people they may mistrust people. Which is not in your
> case he jumps up when you sit or sleeps with you in the same bed. Here is
> a question does the furball turn his back to you and lay down to go to
> sleep that is a sigh of complete trust in the animal world.
>
> He shys away when you walk up to him some cats are like that. My rumble
> who I love dearly does this sometimes cats are cats. You need to have
> patience. If you want him to stay around you need to socialize a little
> more with him. Take some treats or catnip call to him. When you get near
> him start calling his name so you don't scare him or make him nervous. Let
> him come to you also get him used to the idea of humans as friends
>

> "amzy" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> > please can somebody help me i got a cat about 7 weeks ago now and he is
> > about
> > 14 weeks old when we first got him he was very ill but now he is better
> > but
> > now the only problem is that we cant go upto him or walk near him or he
> > will
> > run away but if your sat on the sofa he might come upto you and maybe jump
> > and sat on your knee or he will sleep in the same bed as you is this all
> > normal for a cat of his age or does he just hate us please can you give me
> > some tips on how to make him trust us please help us !!!

October 24th 06, 05:31 PM
Matthew wrote:
> Where did he come form a shelter or the roadside.
> Some cats are just shy of humans. It takes time for an animal to except
> people.
>
> Animals don't hate people they may mistrust people. Which is not in your
> case he jumps up when you sit or sleeps with you in the same bed. Here is
> a question does the furball turn his back to you and lay down to go to
> sleep that is a sigh of complete trust in the animal world.
>
> He shys away when you walk up to him some cats are like that. My rumble
> who I love dearly does this sometimes cats are cats. You need to have
> patience. If you want him to stay around you need to socialize a little
> more with him. Take some treats or catnip call to him. When you get near
> him start calling his name so you don't scare him or make him nervous. Let
> him come to you also get him used to the idea of humans as friends
>

> "amzy" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> > please can somebody help me i got a cat about 7 weeks ago now and he is
> > about
> > 14 weeks old when we first got him he was very ill but now he is better
> > but
> > now the only problem is that we cant go upto him or walk near him or he
> > will
> > run away but if your sat on the sofa he might come upto you and maybe jump
> > and sat on your knee or he will sleep in the same bed as you is this all
> > normal for a cat of his age or does he just hate us please can you give me
> > some tips on how to make him trust us please help us !!!

October 24th 06, 05:33 PM
wrote:
> Matthew wrote:
> > Where did he come form a shelter or the roadside.
> > Some cats are just shy of humans. It takes time for an animal to except
> > people.
> >
> > Animals don't hate people they may mistrust people. Which is not in your
> > case he jumps up when you sit or sleeps with you in the same bed. Here is
> > a question does the furball turn his back to you and lay down to go to
> > sleep that is a sigh of complete trust in the animal world.
> >
> > He shys away when you walk up to him some cats are like that. My rumble
> > who I love dearly does this sometimes cats are cats. You need to have
> > patience. If you want him to stay around you need to socialize a little
> > more with him. Take some treats or catnip call to him. When you get near
> > him start calling his name so you don't scare him or make him nervous. Let
> > him come to you also get him used to the idea of humans as friends
> >

> > "amzy" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> > > please can somebody help me i got a cat about 7 weeks ago now and he is
> > > about
> > > 14 weeks old when we first got him he was very ill but now he is better
> > > but
> > > now the only problem is that we cant go upto him or walk near him or he
> > > will
> > > run away but if your sat on the sofa he might come upto you and maybe jump
> > > and sat on your knee or he will sleep in the same bed as you is this all
> > > normal for a cat of his age or does he just hate us please can you give me
> > > some tips on how to make him trust us please help us !!!

Matthew
October 24th 06, 05:51 PM
7 message and all you did was repeat mine huh
> wrote in message

October 24th 06, 06:33 PM
"Matthew" > wrote in message
>7 message and all you did was repeat mine huh
> > wrote in message
> ups.com...

It's coming straight from RR.

Matthew
October 24th 06, 06:35 PM
Don't mistake my post we both post from road runner ;-)

"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Matthew" > wrote in message
>>7 message and all you did was repeat mine huh
>> > wrote in message
>> ups.com...
>
> It's coming straight from RR.

cybercat
October 24th 06, 07:18 PM
"Matthew" > wrote in message
. ..
> Don't mistake my post we both post from road runner ;-)

I know! :)

> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Matthew" > wrote in message
>>>7 message and all you did was repeat mine huh
>>> ups.com...
>>
>> It's coming straight from RR.

Rene S.
October 24th 06, 08:50 PM
amzy wrote:
> please can somebody help me i got a cat about 7 weeks ago now and he is about
> 14 weeks old when we first got him he was very ill but now he is better but
> now the only problem is that we cant go upto him or walk near him or he will
> run away but if your sat on the sofa he might come upto you and maybe jump
> and sat on your knee or he will sleep in the same bed as you is this all
> normal for a cat of his age or does he just hate us please can you give me
> some tips on how to make him trust us please help us !!!

Spend time softly talking to him, and play with interactive toys (like
a Cat Dancer). Let him come to you--if he'll sit on your knee or sleep
in your bed, he's already making progress. He just needs a little more
time to settle in.

October 24th 06, 10:20 PM
On Oct 24, 12:50 pm, "Rene S." > wrote:
> amzy wrote:
> > please can somebody help me i got a cat about 7 weeks ago now and he is about
> > 14 weeks old when we first got him he was very ill but now he is better but
> > now the only problem is that we cant go upto him or walk near him or he will
> > run away but if your sat on the sofa he might come upto you and maybe jump
> > and sat on your knee or he will sleep in the same bed as you is this all
> > normal for a cat of his age or does he just hate us please can you give me
> > some tips on how to make him trust us please help us !!!Spend time softly talking to him, and play with interactive toys (like
> a Cat Dancer). Let him come to you--if he'll sit on your knee or sleep
> in your bed, he's already making progress. He just needs a little more
> time to settle in.

Has he always been like this? Cats are moody

amzy via CatKB.com
October 25th 06, 11:21 AM
Matthew wrote:
>Where did he come form a shelter or the roadside.
>Some cats are just shy of humans. It takes time for an animal to except
>people.
>
>Animals don't hate people they may mistrust people. Which is not in your
>case he jumps up when you sit or sleeps with you in the same bed. Here is
>a question does the furball turn his back to you and lay down to go to
>sleep that is a sigh of complete trust in the animal world.
>
>He shys away when you walk up to him some cats are like that. My rumble
>who I love dearly does this sometimes cats are cats. You need to have
>patience. If you want him to stay around you need to socialize a little
>more with him. Take some treats or catnip call to him. When you get near
>him start calling his name so you don't scare him or make him nervous. Let
>him come to you also get him used to the idea of humans as friends
>
>> please can somebody help me i got a cat about 7 weeks ago now and he is
>> about
>[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]
>> normal for a cat of his age or does he just hate us please can you give me
>> some tips on how to make him trust us please help us !!!
thankyou forall your help

Matthew
October 25th 06, 04:41 PM
You are very welcome