PDA

View Full Version : Dog Flea Infestation

IhateFleas
October 25th 06, 03:50 AM
me and my rommate just moved into this new appartment on October 2nd and we
did not know there were fleas here ( the previous tenant had a dog and she
did not take good care of that dog cause she was always drunk ) and that dog
had fleas and we no have the fleas in the appartment and we tried a flea
spray but that did not work and we were wondering how do we get rid of them...
... do they die out on their own? or how can we get rid of them....... i got
like over 200 flea bites on me because of them.... do they go away when
winter comes..... any advice would be appreciated very much.....

Thank you
Anthony

meeee
October 25th 06, 04:08 AM
Hi Anthony,

Yes, they will die off a bit as winter comes but may re-emerge in summer.
Your best bet is a flea bomb; they are quite toxic so you'de want to do it
while you are out all day or something. I'm not sure on brands; ask at a
department store. I'm presuming you don't have any animals as you didn't
mention any. If you do, take them to your vet and ask for Program, Advantage
or Revolution to kill the fleas on the animal, and keep them away from the
flea bomb too.
Good luck!
"IhateFleas" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> me and my rommate just moved into this new appartment on October 2nd and
> we
> did not know there were fleas here ( the previous tenant had a dog and she
> did not take good care of that dog cause she was always drunk ) and that
> dog
> had fleas and we no have the fleas in the appartment and we tried a flea
> spray but that did not work and we were wondering how do we get rid of
> them...
> .. do they die out on their own? or how can we get rid of them....... i
> got
> like over 200 flea bites on me because of them.... do they go away when
> winter comes..... any advice would be appreciated very much.....
>
> Thank you
> Anthony

Wendy
October 25th 06, 02:23 PM
http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?cls=1&cat=1333&articleid=590

I'd call the landlord and complain. Get them to pay for the exterminator.