PDA

View Full Version : Looks like an Aby to me

Phil P.
October 25th 06, 08:15 AM
We pulled this cat out of a shelter on her last day. She looks like an Aby
to me- What do you think?

http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Aby.jpg

lewe
October 25th 06, 12:04 PM
"Phil P." > wrote in message
news:_9E%[email protected]
> We pulled this cat out of a shelter on her last day. She looks like an Aby
> to me- What do you think?
>
> http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Aby.jpg

She's got a little stripey thing going on with her legs and maybe a tendency
to "rings" around her neck?
but apart from these not relly "correct" features she looks like an aby
alright, very much like my own female.
skritches for the pretty girl from me!
Lena

--
lewe
lewemi at yahoo dot se | cats' pics: photos.yahoo.com/lewemi

Phil P.
October 25th 06, 05:40 PM
"lewe" > wrote in message
> "Phil P." > wrote in message
> news:_9E%[email protected]
> > We pulled this cat out of a shelter on her last day. She looks like an
Aby
> > to me- What do you think?
> >
> > http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Aby.jpg
>
> She's got a little stripey thing going on with her legs and maybe a
tendency
> to "rings" around her neck?
> but apart from these not relly "correct" features she looks like an aby
> alright, very much like my own female.

She's a total mush too- purrs as soon as you look at her. She was an owner
surrender- not a stray. Boggles the mind that someone would dump a sweet,
beautiful cat like that.

> skritches for the pretty girl from me!

Will do.

Thanks.

Phil

cybercat
October 25th 06, 05:57 PM
"Phil P." > wrote in message
news:_9E%[email protected]
> We pulled this cat out of a shelter on her last day. She looks like an Aby
> to me- What do you think?
>

> http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Aby.jpg

I can see why you say this, in these pictures, due to the ticked fur, is
that the term?

lewe
October 25th 06, 09:31 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message
> I can see why you say this, in these pictures, due to the ticked fur, is
> that the term?

it is
- or like I tell my two abys when they are monkeying about: "you're just
striped the wrong way!" :)
--
lewe
lewemi at yahoo dot se | cats' pics: photos.yahoo.com/lewemi

Spot
October 26th 06, 02:35 AM
Ohhhhhhhh, she has the most gorgous green eyes................:) Aby sounds
like a wonderful name.

She's one lucky kitty to have you.

Celeste

"Phil P." > wrote in message
news:_9E%[email protected]
> We pulled this cat out of a shelter on her last day. She looks like an Aby
> to me- What do you think?
>

> http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Aby.jpg

mlbriggs
October 26th 06, 06:19 AM
On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 07:15:06 +0000, Phil P. wrote:

> We pulled this cat out of a shelter on her last day. She looks like an Aby
> to me- What do you think?
>

> http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Aby.jpg

She looks like my Tabby. TuTu has those marking and a ticked coat like
that. What distinguishing features does and Aby have??

-L.
October 26th 06, 10:13 AM
Phil P. wrote:
> We pulled this cat out of a shelter on her last day. She looks like an Aby
> to me- What do you think?
>

> http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Aby.jpg

She has the agouti hair color and the right markings but her head
structure is wrong. Abby mix.

-L.

Phil P.
October 26th 06, 11:47 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Phil P." > wrote in message
> news:_9E%[email protected]
> > We pulled this cat out of a shelter on her last day. She looks like an
Aby
> > to me- What do you think?
> >

> > http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Aby.jpg
> >

> I can see why you say this, in these pictures, due to the ticked fur, is
> that the term?

Yup -- I think she looks a lot like a Ruddy Abyssinian. Look closely at
her face- you can see the African Wildcat looming just under the surface:
http://maxshouse.com/african_wildcat.jpg What a beauty!

Lesley
October 27th 06, 12:10 AM
Phil P. wrote:
> We pulled this cat out of a shelter on her last day. She looks like an Aby
> to me- What do you think?

To me she looks like she has some Aby in her but not a purebred Aby.
However she's such a lovely cat that if I was able I would have offered
her a forever home just on the photo's! I can't believe someone left
het at a shelter to be PTS!!! What is wrong with those people?!!

She's a cutie And those eyes!

I hope she finds her one forever home

Keep us posted!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Lesley
October 27th 06, 12:12 AM
Phil P. wrote:
> We pulled this cat out of a shelter on her last day. She looks like an Aby
> to me- What do you think?

To me she looks like she has some Aby in her but not a purebred Aby.
However she's such a lovely cat that if I was able I would have offered
her a forever home just on the photo's! I can't believe someone left
het at a shelter to be PTS!!! What is wrong with those people?!!

She's a cutie And those eyes!

I hope she finds her one forever home

Keep us posted!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Lesley
October 27th 06, 12:15 AM
Phil P. wrote:
> We pulled this cat out of a shelter on her last day. She looks like an Aby
> to me- What do you think?

To me she looks like she has some Aby in her but not a purebred Aby.
However she's such a lovely cat that if I was able I would have offered
her a forever home just on the photo's! I can't believe someone left
het at a shelter to be PTS!!! What is wrong with those people?!!

She's a cutie And those eyes!

I hope she finds her one forever home

Keep us posted!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Phil P.
October 27th 06, 12:43 AM
"Lesley" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Phil P. wrote:
> > We pulled this cat out of a shelter on her last day. She looks like an
Aby
> > to me- What do you think?
> >

> To me she looks like she has some Aby in her but not a purebred Aby.

I don't think she's a purebred, either. But she does look like she has a lot
of Aby in her.

> However she's such a lovely cat that if I was able I would have offered
> her a forever home just on the photo's! I can't believe someone left
> het at a shelter to be PTS!!! What is wrong with those people?!!

It probably wouldn't have bothered me as much if she was picked up by AC as
a stray- but she was an owner surrender. She's in foster now, and from what
we can see, she doesn't seem to have any behavioral problems. We're very
careful with owner surrenders because we don't want to rehome a cat with a
behavior problem only to be surrendered again- or worse. But this cat is a
genuine sweetie. The only problem I think she had was her previous owner!

> She's a cutie And those eyes!

Oh yeah!

> I hope she finds her one forever home

I'll see to that! Whoever applies to adopt her is going to have to pass my
"interrogation".

> Keep us posted!

Will do.

Phil

cybercat
October 27th 06, 01:19 AM
"Phil P." > wrote:

> Yup -- I think she looks a lot like a Ruddy Abyssinian. Look closely at
> her face- you can see the African Wildcat looming just under the surface:
> http://maxshouse.com/african_wildcat.jpg What a beauty!

She is. Any idea how old she might be?

Phil P.
October 27th 06, 02:18 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Phil P." > wrote:
> >
> > Yup -- I think she looks a lot like a Ruddy Abyssinian. Look closely
at
> > her face- you can see the African Wildcat looming just under the
surface:
> > http://maxshouse.com/african_wildcat.jpg What a beauty!
> >

> She is. Any idea how old she might be?

About 8-10 weeks

-L.
October 27th 06, 09:22 AM
Phil P. wrote:

> About 8-10 weeks

8-10 weeks? Unless that's a child or a very small adult petting her,
I'd say you are off ...

-L.

Phil P.
October 27th 06, 02:39 PM
"Phil P." > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> "cybercat" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Phil P." > wrote:
> > >
> > > Yup -- I think she looks a lot like a Ruddy Abyssinian. Look closely
> at
> > > her face- you can see the African Wildcat looming just under the
> surface:
> > > http://maxshouse.com/african_wildcat.jpg What a beauty!
> > >

> > She is. Any idea how old she might be?
>
> About 8-10 weeks

Oops - got the threads confused with Leggs- Not really sure about Aby, we
think 1 1/2 or 2 yrs.

cybercat
October 27th 06, 05:52 PM
"Phil P." > wrote

> Oops - got the threads confused with Leggs- Not really sure about Aby, we
> think 1 1/2 or 2 yrs.

I've heard it is really hard to tell an adult cat's age, if they are over a
year
and under 9 or ten.

-L.
October 28th 06, 01:27 AM
cybercat wrote:
> I've heard it is really hard to tell an adult cat's age, if they are over a
> year
> and under 9 or ten.

Sort of. If they are a young adult cat (1-3 or so), it's more obvious.
More tartar on the teeth, it's easier to tell they are at least over
4-5 or so. It's still a guess. Same with dogs.

-L.

K Jensen
October 29th 06, 05:47 PM
This lovely cat is a ticked tabby who may or may not have some Aby ancestry in
her. Check out http://www.flickr.com/groups/tickedtabbies/

Karin