PDA

View Full Version : Cats in trees

Richard Evans
October 25th 06, 06:05 PM
I was just watching a show on Animal Planet where they were getting a
cat out of a tree. Is it really necessary to help cats get out of
trees? There's an old joke with the punch line: "Lady, have you ever
seen the skeleton of a cat in a tree?"

Don't they come down when they get sufficiently hungry?

Matthew
October 25th 06, 06:40 PM
Sometimes they do forget how to come down and when they do it is usually
with some help. They had one report of a cat up there for over a week on
animal planet took a fireman to coax the furnut out of place and he jumped
instead the vet said he was ok just dehydrated

"Richard Evans" > wrote in message
>I was just watching a show on Animal Planet where they were getting a
> cat out of a tree. Is it really necessary to help cats get out of
> trees? There's an old joke with the punch line: "Lady, have you ever
> seen the skeleton of a cat in a tree?"
>
> Don't they come down when they get sufficiently hungry?

Rhonda
October 26th 06, 04:44 AM
They fall out of the trees when weak enough. You will never see a
skeleton in a tree for that reason.

Our friend saw his cat way up in a tree, waaaay up. He thought the cat
would come down at some point, he didn't have a ladder that would go
that high. The next day the cat dragged himself to the house with two
broken legs.

Rhonda