PDA

View Full Version : skiitsh cat

tina_bina
October 27th 06, 02:27 PM
Hi

i originally got my first cat Ezme about 3 years ago. She had two babies
quite early on they are now almost 2 years old. They all seems to get on
really well sleeping together Ezme the mother and Maya the daughter are very
friendly and are what i would call lap cats. The boy Isaac is extremely
skittish, he will on the very odd occasion come for a fuss but most of the
time he just runs away when ever you get in eyesight. I have tried feeding
him titbits and petting him while he is eating but he just runs away. I am
tried felliaway and that didn’t help either. Its not that I mind him not
coming to me I am just worrying that he is feeling really unsettled and
unhappy and all this skittish behaviour is causing unnecessary stress on him.

does anyone have any ideas about how i can tame him so he is not so skittish?

all help will be appreciated

Wendy
October 27th 06, 03:45 PM
It might just be his personality. Some cats just aren't lap cats. I'd chill
out and just let him be himself. Sometimes if you ignore them they come to
you .... or not.

"tina_bina" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> Hi
>
> i originally got my first cat Ezme about 3 years ago. She had two babies
> quite early on they are now almost 2 years old. They all seems to get on
> really well sleeping together Ezme the mother and Maya the daughter are
> very
> friendly and are what i would call lap cats. The boy Isaac is extremely
> skittish, he will on the very odd occasion come for a fuss but most of the
> time he just runs away when ever you get in eyesight. I have tried feeding
> him titbits and petting him while he is eating but he just runs away. I am
> tried felliaway and that didn't help either. Its not that I mind him not
> coming to me I am just worrying that he is feeling really unsettled and
> unhappy and all this skittish behaviour is causing unnecessary stress on
> him.
>

> does anyone have any ideas about how i can tame him so he is not so
> skittish?
>

> all help will be appreciated

StephanieM
October 27th 06, 05:34 PM
I have one cat that is like that as well. While she likes affection on
*her* schedule. Don't pick her up though. She will also *never* sit
on your lap. She is now four years old, I do not see any of this
changing.

Rhonda
October 28th 06, 06:56 AM
You might try playing with him more, if you haven't already. Try those
toys that are on a string so that he is interacting with you.

Other than that, try spending time in the same room with him in a
non-threatening way. Just sit as close as you can and talk to him or
read out loud. Don't push yourself on him for awhile but let him get
used to you just being near him. Also, try feeding him tidbits but not
pet him. Just let him know that you are the bearer of good things, but
are not a threat. Hopefully, he will warm up to you with patience.

Good luck!

Rhonda