PDA

View Full Version : Pets and Well-Being


toonip
November 1st 06, 12:58 AM
Hi,

I am a graduate student at the Ontario Institute for Studies in
Education of the University of Toronto. I am looking for research
participants to fill out a one-time survey looking at the relationship
between pet ownership and well-being. I am looking for people who have
never owned pets, current pet owners, and past pet owners. The survey
will take approximately 15-20 minutes to complete and participation is
voluntary and can terminated at any point. Each participant will be
eligible to win one of two $25 gift certificates to Indigo Bookstore at
the end of the survey.

If you are interested in participating in this study please click to
the survey below:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=77322054079 & enter the password:
pets


Thank you for your time.

Judy
November 1st 06, 05:39 AM
"toonip" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Hi,
>
> I am a graduate student at the Ontario Institute for Studies in
> Education of the University of Toronto. I am looking for research
> participants to fill out a one-time survey looking at the relationship
> between pet ownership and well-being. I am looking for people who have
> never owned pets, current pet owners, and past pet owners. The survey
> will take approximately 15-20 minutes to complete and participation is
> voluntary and can terminated at any point. Each participant will be
> eligible to win one of two $25 gift certificates to Indigo Bookstore at
> the end of the survey.
>
> If you are interested in participating in this study please click to
> the survey below:
>
> http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=77322054079 & enter the password:
> pets
>
>
> Thank you for your time.

Out of curiosity I went there and signed in and found that the survey
questions were about 99% non of your business.

Why would anyone be interested in spending 15-20 minutes providing you with
unrelated information when it comes to pets?

Me thinks you needs to rethink yourself.

Ryan Robbins
November 1st 06, 06:45 AM
"Judy" > wrote in message
...
>
>
> Out of curiosity I went there and signed in and found that the survey
> questions were about 99% non of your business.
>
> Why would anyone be interested in spending 15-20 minutes providing you
> with unrelated information when it comes to pets?
>
> Me thinks you needs to rethink yourself.

I don't see anything wrong with the questions. A research psychologist can't
tell participants what he's looking for. That could skew people's answers.
The hypothesis may be that pet owners feel more secure in their
interpersonal relationships compared to people who don't own pets or have
never owned a pet. Or the hypothesis could be that pet owners distance
themselves from other people.

November 1st 06, 05:56 PM
"Ryan Robbins" > wrote:

>
>"Judy" > wrote in message
...
>>
>>
>> Out of curiosity I went there and signed in and found that the survey
>> questions were about 99% non of your business.
>>
>> Why would anyone be interested in spending 15-20 minutes providing you
>> with unrelated information when it comes to pets?
>>
>> Me thinks you needs to rethink yourself.
>
>I don't see anything wrong with the questions. A research psychologist can't
>tell participants what he's looking for. That could skew people's answers.
>The hypothesis may be that pet owners feel more secure in their
>interpersonal relationships compared to people who don't own pets or have
>never owned a pet. Or the hypothesis could be that pet owners distance
>themselves from other people.
>

There wasn't any questions about how you feel about your pets, merely
how many do you have/cat or dog etc at the very end of the survey.

-mhd

Ryan Robbins
November 2nd 06, 02:48 AM
> wrote in message
...
> "Ryan Robbins" > wrote:
>
>>
>>"Judy" > wrote in message
...
>>>
>>>
>>> Out of curiosity I went there and signed in and found that the survey
>>> questions were about 99% non of your business.
>>>
>>> Why would anyone be interested in spending 15-20 minutes providing you
>>> with unrelated information when it comes to pets?
>>>
>>> Me thinks you needs to rethink yourself.
>>
>>I don't see anything wrong with the questions. A research psychologist
>>can't
>>tell participants what he's looking for. That could skew people's answers.
>>The hypothesis may be that pet owners feel more secure in their
>>interpersonal relationships compared to people who don't own pets or have
>>never owned a pet. Or the hypothesis could be that pet owners distance
>>themselves from other people.
>>
>
> There wasn't any questions about how you feel about your pets, merely
> how many do you have/cat or dog etc at the very end of the survey.

Please re-read what I wrote.