PDA

View Full Version : Laxatone

November 1st 06, 03:09 AM
When I went to the vet for Clyde the vet gave us anitibiotics and also
some Tuna flavored Laxatone. He seems to like the Laxatone A LOT but
maybe a little too much. Whenever I go to the kitchen and stand by the
sink he comes up to me and starts meowing like crazy because that's
where the Laxatone is. The vet didn't say how much to give him everyday
but on the tube it says it is for hairballs. I'm not really sure why
she gave it to us but is it bad for him to give him too much? When I
put it down a little bit he tries to get to it by getting on his back
legs and putting his paws up. When I put it lower he sniffs around it
and goes crazy trying to get to it because the cap is off.

Kris
November 1st 06, 04:38 AM
I actually only give about an inch or so a week. Too much and your kitty
will be making a mess that you don't want to see.

Rhonda
November 1st 06, 04:41 AM
I wouldn't give that to your kitty every day, it isn't a treat. We don't
use it at all but we used to use it only when they were shedding. It
should say on the package how much to give him.

I still think I'd wait until he was older, though.

Rhonda

wrote:
> When I went to the vet for Clyde the vet gave us anitibiotics and also
> some Tuna flavored Laxatone. He seems to like the Laxatone A LOT but
> maybe a little too much. Whenever I go to the kitchen and stand by the
> sink he comes up to me and starts meowing like crazy because that's
> where the Laxatone is. The vet didn't say how much to give him everyday
> but on the tube it says it is for hairballs. I'm not really sure why
> she gave it to us but is it bad for him to give him too much? When I
> put it down a little bit he tries to get to it by getting on his back
> legs and putting his paws up. When I put it lower he sniffs around it
> and goes crazy trying to get to it because the cap is off.

Buddy's Mom
November 1st 06, 02:00 PM
My vet doesn't like us to use it everyday as it coats the stomach
lining and the kitty doesn't get the appropriate absorption of
nutrients from the food it eats. I use Temptations treats for hair
balls instead. I have a Maine Coon who easily gets hairballs despite
daily grooming.