PDA

View Full Version : Antacids like Pepcid for cats

John Graeme
November 2nd 06, 05:31 PM
My vet recommended that I try giving one-quarter of a stomach acid
controller like Pepcid to control her reaction to other medicines.
Does anyone know if all medications in this class (e.g., ranitidine,
cimitidine) are suitable for cats, or just Pepcid?

Rene S.
November 2nd 06, 08:54 PM
John Graeme wrote:
> My vet recommended that I try giving one-quarter of a stomach acid
> controller like Pepcid to control her reaction to other medicines.
> Does anyone know if all medications in this class (e.g., ranitidine,
> cimitidine) are suitable for cats, or just Pepcid?

You can give Zantac to cats, HOWEVER, contact your vet about the
dosages as they are different. Also, a tip: if you buy the generic
version the pills are round and not that funky diamond shape that's so
difficult to cut into quarters!